Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

RS2.0 #20!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RS2.0 #20!!

Ive been on the lookout for a standard xB for some time now, I wasnt able to afford one when they were in production, but now that Ive graduated (friday, it feels so good!) and can continue on with my electrical apprenticeship fulltime I can afford to buy one.

Well low and behold standard xB's are harder to find than an xB without body damage (at least around here anyway). I finally found one last sunday while driving around with my girlfriend, I was headed to the local toyota dealership, again, and while passing a ford dealership it stuck out like, well, a yellow box! There it was, sitting in the lot just SCREAMING my name. It was sunday so the place was closed but that didnt stop me from getting out and taking a look :D

Today I took it for a test drive. 25000 miles on her (with some change) and still she looks like new! The only blemish is where this ford dealership tried to remove the last dealer's tags, with a razor blade ... You guessed it, I can see metal! Anyway, its small, with a little touch up paint and a good detail you'll not notice its there (hopefully). The good thing about this? Leverage to get the price down, the price to have the hatch repainted would be about 650-700 dollars and Im hoping this will be enough to get them to lower the price atleast 400-490 dollars.

Now, onto my problem.

The original owner opted to buy the blue paint splash vinyls to put on the side (disgusting especially with the yellow) and a carbon fiber aplique on the gas tank cover (what the hell was this person thinking??)

My question is, what will it take to remove both and have it looking good as new, can they both be removed like stickers and just buffed/waxed away? Or am I stuck with them when I finally take my baby home?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: RS2.0 #20!!

Originally Posted by Scroople
The original owner opted to buy the blue paint splash vinyls to put on the side (disgusting especially with the yellow) and a carbon fiber aplique on the gas tank cover (what the hell was this person thinking??)

My question is, what will it take to remove both and have it looking good as new, can they both be removed like stickers and just buffed/waxed away? Or am I stuck with them when I finally take my baby home?
Just hope that the Vinyl isn't covering worse paint problems. This wouldn't be the first time Vinyl was used to cover a key'ed car.
However, It should come off easy on a hot day or with a heat gun. Just find a corner and pick away. You might need to do some light buffing but if it hasn't been on there too long you can wipe off the yucky parts with some soapy water.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You might have some paint fading under that decal. You might have to do some work to polish it out. What are they asking?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The price is 14,990 and I hope to atleast get them down to 14,500.

I work at a carwash on the side and am good friends with the owner and the detail man so I would just have him clay bar it and fully detail the outside anyway.

My mom had a Boston Redsox "B" magnet that got stuck to her paint (dont ask me how) and he was able to remove that with little to no visible scratches after the full clay bar buff and wax and whatever else he does.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

i have been thinkng about selling my RS 2.0 xB for awhile now since the new xB came out. I was gonna put it back to stock and sell it for what i owe on it. the hood does have some rock chips and my rear bumper has a crack in it and my front lip needs to be replaced but thats all thats wrong with it. it has 34000 miles on it and is a standard. Just a thought for you in case the other one doesnt go through...