Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

shine street kit [url]www.c2auto.com[/url]

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default shine street kit www.c2auto.com

anyone order the shine street kit from c2auto.com, are they affiliated? cuz it says they make the kit. Thanks for any info.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

i dont know if they make the kit, but i have done business with jay and i highly recomend him.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks for the advise, i just ordered the kit.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I just checked out that website....the products look good and that kit you said you ordered looks nice..please keep us posted on the progress and your experiance....
Old 08-08-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn i wish i would have found this thread earlyer i would have tryed to talk you out of it i have this kit
Old 08-08-2007, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i have always wanted that kit...looks really nice
Old 08-08-2007, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaToaster
damn i wish i would have found this thread earlyer i would have tryed to talk you out of it i have this kit
Why dont you like the kit? quality? fit?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont listen to him,the kit is great.A few fitment issues but a very nice kit.
[img]
[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah most replica kits have some fitment issues. But it looks nice
Old 08-09-2007, 09:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion4life
Dont listen to him,the kit is great.A few fitment issues but a very nice kit.
[img]
[/img]
omg plz u dont even drive ur car scion4life... look dont get me wrong the body kit looks good thats why i bought it, but if i knew how its was crack and chip then i would have saved up more money and gotten a real JDM polyurethane kit. if ur gonna drive everyday like me and u dont have air ride, then its not worth it.remember fiberglass cracks and brakes. now if ur like scion4life and ur car is a trailer ****** and u never driver it and it also has air ride then by all means go for it. if i had air suspension and another car id stick w/ the kit it looks good but its fiberglass ur better off w/ an abs plastic or a polyurethane kit that bends and moves ask anyone that knows. it pays to play. i have over 50k miles on my car w/ 30k in the body kit ask scion4life how many miles hes got on his car or the kit... if i had the money for the kit that i wanted i would have sold u mine for half the price that u and me got the kit for shipped...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As everyone can see there is a big difference from DAtoasters box and mine. As for a replica kit,I was sponsored by Shine Street and got it straight from them,fit was ok, needed a little shaping here and there but very good quality and thick glass. Now as for as the comments about my car verses his,well I have 30k on mine,I drive it to every show, and somehow manage to keep it nice. It all comes down to craftsmanship. Anyone can throw a kit on a box and say it fits like crap especially if the install is like crap. Also at shows I have never seen another.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got my kit from shine street the same guys that made the 2fast2furious kit for the vert eclips, from not c2auto and i think i ordered it from alex if i remember. and as far as the fitment it was perfect we didnt even need to re shape or anything i never said it didnt fit, again the instal was perfect but its a fiberglass kit no matter how u cut it its allways gonna be fiberglass and the only way it will look good is if u have an extra 2k + to get an air ride for ur car. fiberglass kit arnt worth the pain if ur not running are again if i had air i would love to stay w/ my kit thats all
Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

that front lip is huge....how much lower then stock one?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really dont know but it is low(BangorXB)... oh and another thing for bruceb SL4life bought up a good point he claims to be "sponsored by shine street" right? and lets say that the body kit that he has really is better then what i have and what ur going to get. what does this mean? that unless ur sponsored by shinestreet everyone is going to get jipped and be sold the low grade fiberglass body kit, not only that ur getting ur kit from a 3rd party vender... thats why im saying it wasnt worth getting the kit. look bud im sure that shine street is making a few body kits ahead of u call up c2auto and stop ur order, save up your money and get a real kit like spirts, or the real kenstyle, or somthing that u know will be better and looks good take it from me a guy that drives his car everyday...
Old 08-09-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My biggest concern was if c2auto is a reputable company. I have never dealt with them and just wanted to hear people’s opinions about them before I ordered the kit. Fitting the kit and all of that is no problem, even if the quality was not so good i am not worried about that cuz my brother works glass all day everyday doing full body molds custom 1offs etc. I have had other kits and I like the look of the shine street kit, therefore it will be going on; I have air ride so that is not an issue. I am not sure where the whole sponsored kit is better than this one came from??? Everyone has opinions and whether it is a daily driver or a "trailer queen" we all should respect each others rides and the work that we have all put into them.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well asfar a c2auto being good... yeah i hear good things from them they take a little long to respond but other then that u can call them up if anything. asfar as the better made kit thats what home boy said so whatz everz w/ that... and good thing also that u have ur air ride thats like one of my modz that i have left to do... w/ that being said good luck w/ the kit and send pix here some pix of mine so u can have some more eye candy while u wait on urs

Old 08-09-2007, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

gee thanks for the pix...... i am allready going crazy waiting for the kit and its only been 1 day, lol seriously though you both have great looking xb's and i appreciate all of the input from everybody.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol oh dude i know how u feel it was the same way for me... i was going allllll over SL looking for pix of the kit
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well any kit in fiberglass is going to be a problem, if you take care of it it shouldnt be any problem

Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cassidy
well any kit in fiberglass is going to be a problem, if you take care of it it shouldnt be any problem

cass ur the reason w/ i got this kit... great car btw

Quick Reply: shine street kit [url]www.c2auto.com[/url]