Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Shiny Pics of my BOP *now with less air!*

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Shiny Pics of my BOP *now with less air!*

Next up:
Painting/Installing the KenStyle Lip Kit
Dump the 25% tint and retint with Limo.
Maybe add some one-ton shims
Woot.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great pics! Cool xB
Old 04-25-2006, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Hey man,
Are you running stock shocks?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, adjustable stiffness, I believe bought from Air Ride when the parts were ordered. Also the rears are shorter. Let me run outside and see if there is a brand name somewhere I can see. Oh, also they are polished..

*edit* Yep, Air Ride Adjustables.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Cool. Thanks.

We have good taste in xBs!!!

Mine looks the same as yours but on 18" Mods and rollin with bags too!
Old 04-25-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pics?!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Sure thing!
Click here
Old 04-25-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Classy. Its nice to be clean. I'm on the edge of being "ricey" with my Lexus badge though!

Its amazing how many folks think its a Lexus though.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now that's low...
Old 04-25-2006, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Yes. I do like the clean look too.
I dig the Lexus badge!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awsome.....that is low, lol
Old 04-25-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Very nice BOP
Old 04-25-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

looks good and low, I can't wait to put bags on mine.
some say mine is too low now, here is a pic(not that great) of mine front bumper to front bumper to a stock height xB,

Old 04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Air Ride? As in Air Ride Technologies? Are you sure? Who did your install? If it is ART parts, do you know what strut they adapted to make work on the xB? What about the rear? Did they fabricate custom brackets and add a set of HAL adjustable shocks in the rear?

The reason I ask is because Air Ride Technologies does not make a kit for the Scion xB. And last I heard they had no plans to make one. It is far more likely to be an Airlift/Easystreet kit.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nah, its Air Ride.
The shop sells Air Ride, specializes in Air Ride and all that. I think they even have a certified Air Ride trained employee.

They made the kit to showcase their skills. I forget exactly the parts, since I did not do it...but...If I remember correctly, its Maxima (3500lb) bags in back with Air Ride brand adjustable polished shocks. Not sure on the front struts, but they are adjustable polished as well. I believe the rear shocks are shorter than stock, and front struts were custome fitted to sit lower in the control arm. Again...I haven't really checked out specific parts, but this is what I remember.

If you want, I can look into it...OR you could call them...
CarNutz in Bellevue, Washington. I think they have a generic site somewhere out there too...no fancy .com.

I do know for sure, its definately not Airlift or Easystreet. It has Air Ride plastered all over each part.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats cool that they modified the Air Ride stuff to fit. If you get a chance, try and find out what parts they adapted to make work on the xB.

I don't even want to think about how much they must have charged you for the parts and install. I'd love to see pictures of the suspension when you get a chance though.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is one nice ride with air...Go BOP
Old 04-27-2006, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice ride man! love that deep dish on da rims!
Old 04-27-2006, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks all! You should see how much they shaved the front caliper to make the maxis lip fit on it!!! At least a 1/4 shaved off..

RTon20...thats the thing man, I bought it for 14k. Its an 04, full custom AirRide Tech, Axis rims, dual exhaust, tint, and basic sound stuff (sub/amp/deck/speakers).

I consider it an amazing deal. Especially with the market up here.. Sure, it had 30k miles on it...but the previous owner bought it from Longo, so its probably one of the first to the US.
BTW- The previous owner (only 1 other than me) is a manager at CarNutz...so, they got everything for cost, did all the custom work inhouse, and the scion was even sponsored by AirRide Tech.

Oh, CarNutz, its a great place. Problem is, they specialize in fancier stuff. Mostly euro cars...BMW's, Lotus, Porsche, Lambo's...They showroom and the owners rides are amazing. Last show with him in it, CarNutz showed 2 vanquishs', custom lambo gallardo, 63 continental, 3 or 4 mercedes, and some other ferrari's...If your up in the area and need some custom bagged stuff or some fancy 20" chromes this place can hook you up.

Next sunny day we get in WA here, Ill try and get pics of the suspension. Ill have the bumpers off anyways for the KenStyle kit and some painting.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Kevin. I actually talked to Joel the original owner today at lunch and got the full scoop. And yep, you definitely got a steal on that car! I don't know what the shop rate is Car Nutz, but Joel told me they spent over 120 hours fabricating to make the Air Ride Technologies stuff fit! He filled me in on most of the stuff they had to do and told me they would NEVER do it again. Before he told me what they did he started recommending to just buy the Airlift struts.

Anyway, this is what he told me. They used a standard shockwave rather than adapting a strut from another application. He said they had to custom fabricate the upper and lower strut mounts and plates, as well as build custom camber plates. He said getting just the right camber was total pain because they had to get the wheels and tires to tuck without rubbing the bag. (Biggest drawback to using convoluted bags on a strut suspension.)

In the rear he said that they used sleeve bags with custom mounts. But that wasn't all. They had to cut the lower spring pocket off and drop it 3" in order to get the sleeve bag to fit and drop as low as it did. And then of course they added the HAL adjustable shocks. He said the cars ride is amazing, but just wasn't worth the effort to ever try and do again. So count yourself lucky, you have a one-off suspension using some of the best parts in the world that will likely never be duplicated.

Looks like I am back to my one-off suspension idea. I can probably get everything fabricated for less than what it would cost me to do something similar to what Car Nutz did for your car. I would love to see pictures of their work though. It sounds like they did a killer job on the suspension.

Quick Reply: Shiny Pics of my BOP *now with less air!*