Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

TRD badge placement ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD badge placement ideas

I just recieved my trd badges (2) and my VVT-i badge, my plan was to put the trd's on the fenders and the VVT-i on the rear door. These are factory quality badges and my goal is to make them look like factory installed. But now that I have them I cant decide, the trd's also look alright on the rear side glass, but like i said I'm trying to make a "TRD" edition xB like the factory would have, any help would be awsome, Thanks!!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay... if i were into things like this... i'd go with the honda civic si look, i'd through the trd on the rear hatch and then i'd put the vvt-i on the rear quarter panel infront of the rear wheels like they do with the v-tech dohc stickers...

like this

also if ur wanting to kinda creature ur own special edition trd xb.. u'd probably want to get some trd floor mats and trd door sills and leave the xb on the back and put the trd badge just below it.. um... they had a special trd interior leather seat covers when the xb first come out so i'd look for those as well... and maybe equip it with trd radiator cap and trd oil cap.. maybe a trd strut bar and intake... i'd stick to the trd stuff more expensive but it'd pull off ur special edition with a nice touch.

i keep editing the hell out of this post..

i'd also paint various dash peices red white yanno the trd colors... maybe even buy another trd vvti badge to put infront of the passenger on the dash... u could really go all out with this.. im almost excited thinking about it... lol but then agian like i said not my style but would definatelly be sweet, i'd look at actual special edition vehicles to get some ideas of what they include from factory... check out msprotege.com for the special edition mazdaspeed protege and mazdaspeed 6 to see were all they plaster mazdaspeed and do something similar with the trd badge stickers.. etc...

you could take it really far, to the point that people would probably actually believe that it existed haha. maybe a fancey trd vynl graphic to go across the side of ur box. who knows maybe trd would sponsor it.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I know you could go nuts, but I am keeping it simple. just the 3 badges, matching shift ****, and radiator cap. I keep picturing the old isuzu impulse, with the "handling by lotus" badges it had on the fenders, but looking at that placement on the box, im not sure. But to make someone question its exsitance, is the goal, thats why i'm taking the time to figure it out. And I was thinkin about a huge roof graphic, to go with, but I really am not into graphics. Just looking for simplicity to imply the exsistance of the TRD edition box. thanks for the response, and if toyota is listening, sure i'll take a sponser

I work for Acura and am familier with the vtec badging, Si, etc.,. I love pulling up to work everyday in my box, they dog me for it, but thats ok. They dump all kinds of money into those things and still only run mid 14's, I think I could do that, and it wont be a friggin honda
Old 01-13-2007, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[/img]

heres thr TRD's
Old 01-13-2007, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres the VVT-i
Old 01-13-2007, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 01-13-2007, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and the SRI and strut bar
Old 01-13-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice... i still think trd floormats would be a nice touch.. and...trd 18" rims would be another plus.. if u don't ahve those already.