Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Was waiting to park next to another car and . . . wham!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Was waiting to park next to another car and . . . wham!!

I pulled into a clients parking lot last Tuesday and as I pulled in and stopped for a few seconds I saw a guy that works there backing into my usual spot where I park. Before I could get moving again WHAM I get hit from behind . . . GOD what a sickening sound that is. A guy that works next door had just walked out of his office just before I got to the parking lot and saw that the lot was empty and got in his club cab dark tinted windowed black Silverado and just backed out of his parking space along the left side of the building (parked in the space facing the wrong way) and didn't even look behind him as he quickly backed up right across the entrance to the parking lot and into my left rear quarter hitting me with his left bumper corner. Knocked me right back into the head rest. Well this is my first accident in my third new car that I have owned and I have to say I am ____ed. He apologized for hitting me and tried to say that it could be fixed up like new at a body shop down the street . . . sounding like he does this often. Anyway go inside, call the police, file a report, call my insurance company, report the claim, get the report from the police then next morning, and head off to Johnston RI to get it assessed. $2360 YEOW man don't get hit in the left rear quarter panel plus my baby gets driven for the first time by someone else grrrr a nice girl that owns a Scion!! so it's cool. Taking it to the local dealer that is really good with repairs and is recommended by my insurance company and works with them closely and they will replace the panel and it should take about a week. Parts have arrived and the only problem is I need my baby this week for some trips and ezpass use finally. Guess I have to pick out a rental . . . what to get hummmm. Also a great time to send back my early version ScanGaugeII to get upgraded.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry that happened. Not many people have the skills needed to pilot these huge SUV's. Good luck with the repairs.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Man that sucks! Hopefully it gets fixed asap!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the parts are in and it should take about a week - by the looks of things the dealer is not very busy - only issue is I have traveling to do this week and was hoping to finally break in my ezpass in the airport tunnel in Boston on Wednesday - can't use it in another vehicle . . . just another little hidden expense of getting hit. Like putting gas in a rental and paying for the police report and all the driving around dealing with the extra reporting - still have the DMV report to file too.
It does look like the dealer has the ability to bake the finish on after they paint it which is pretty cool but as you all know there will be a seam somewhere that has to blend in and the side is all one piece around the windows.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OUCH!
dang man sorry to here that.

at least it could be fixed
Old 03-30-2009, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK guys I forgot I could post a photo in my gallery...
https://www.scionlife.com/gallery/?f...67828#comments
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats not too bad, id still be hella mad thow
Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was a solid hit - hopefully the rear frame is not twisted at all - seems to sit a little low on the left side. The side all around the filler cap is pushed in about 2 inches. Went for gas today and saw the filler cap rubber boot crushed on the rear side about an inch forward. I'M LOSING CABIN PRESSURE SHE'S BREAKING UP . . . arg!!! and they won't rent me a Prius only a Yaris...
Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

That really sucks... I hope everything works out for you and your B
Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I stopped in at the bodyshop today and setup to take her in on Monday . . . gonna miss her a week or so.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

That's no fun...I remember I had to part with mine for a month after my accident.
It was such a rough time without my xB
Old 04-10-2009, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since I piced it up at the dealer the only other person that has driven it is the girl that took it in to appraise the damage - now I have to turn it over to a bunch of guys in a body shop . . . hummm . . . it's a trust issue . . . will the speakers still sound good after I get it back . . . will it still have the new car smell.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well.. trust or attachment its always going to be hard.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah its definitely roughing dealing with an accident. mine was out of commission for almost a month and a half after some schmuck in a bmw reading a map damn near took the front end of my car completely off. 3000 dollars later and the paint on the front end is off from the rest of the car. best of luck with it bro. you'll get the b back soon.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by DarkSide_xB
yeah its definitely roughing dealing with an accident. mine was out of commission for almost a month and a half after some schmuck in a bmw reading a map damn near took the front end of my car completely off. 3000 dollars later and the paint on the front end is off from the rest of the car. best of luck with it bro. you'll get the b back soon.
3k? Don't you love careless drivers?
That's rough.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now I understand how my Dad felt when I was driving him in his car and got rearened. Well I dropped it off yesterday at the bodyshop - man I didn't think I had that much stuff in the car but I filled a 5000 sheet Paper Case box with stuff total about 30lbs. Have a Suzuki SX4 with only 278 miles on the clock for about a week now . . . first thing I did when I got back to my office was to WASH IT! Old habits die hard.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stopped by the body shop today - new quarter panel is in already but they leave the hatch open in the body shop and all the dust is geting in my very clean xB. You would think it would be easier to keep it clean than to clean it up later but . . . they also had the left side rear seat back removed - will have to see how easy that is to do - really opens up the back for storage of bigger thing. Going to loose the new car smell I think by the time they are done.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jan06xB
Stopped by the body shop today - new quarter panel is in already but they leave the hatch open in the body shop and all the dust is geting in my very clean xB. You would think it would be easier to keep it clean than to clean it up later but . . . they also had the left side rear seat back removed - will have to see how easy that is to do - really opens up the back for storage of bigger thing. Going to loose the new car smell I think by the time they are done.
Ah.. it's never fun to go see your car in a body shop..
At least they didn't completely strip the interior of your car and sand down half your car..
Its pretty scary...
Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually have never had any of my cars in a body shop so yeah it is a first for me.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I got my baby back tonight and it looks ok but from a distance the RejeX Polished trunk lid is a bit yellower than the new paint on the rear bumper and the left side - they painted the left side rear door to match the rear quarter panel . . . not sure it was really necessary. The finish inside the hatch area is not quite right and the left taillight is a little softly mounted with a noticable gap at the top which doesn't match the other side the same but all in all it is looking good. I don't care for the chemical cleaner they used inside the car however - really stinks - hope it clears out quickly.

The ScangaugeII software upgrade to 3.17 version software is really great and with the extra resolution of the added digit on the fuel usage the mileage calculations are a lot more accurate.

Quick Reply: Was waiting to park next to another car and . . . wham!!