First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

$1500 to spend...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default $1500 to spend...

So Im getting a PW xB soon and I have $1500 to spend. I dont know what to get. Your opinions are needed. Keep in mind, this is what i have (will have) already...

TRD Springs
17" Falken Rims and Tires
20% tint
VIS cF hood
VIS cF spoiler
Eclipse DVD/Navi
Full Audio (Speakers, Amps, Subs, etc.)
Python 2-Way Alarm with remote start
Some brand intake (not sure yet)...

Keep in mind, im not really into performance, hence the reason I am getting an xB. I was thinking of getting the Firmware fG door panels, but they are quite expensive and they dont have what I want in stock and I want the car semi-complete for Scion Exposed Boston in early Sept.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

get good audio setup and a viper system and your all set, thats what I did and it ran me about 1600.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: $1500 to spend...

Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd
Full Audio (Speakers, Amps, Subs, etc.)
Python 2-Way Alarm with remote start
I have audio already. Its in the profile for the tC. Swapping it into the xB.

And Viper is made by DEI, so is Python. Viper may be better, but I got it my alarm with all of the features I wanted for 220 with installation.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

same as me for the alarm. (crazy discounts from work) try some sound deadener, dynamat or edead, it did miracles for my car. but other than that you seem to be all set except for some side graphics if you like that kinda thing
Old 08-15-2006, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

swap those trd's for somethin a little lower
do your own cathode lighting
paint all the interior panels yourself
and use the other 1300 dollars for somethin else
Old 08-15-2006, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and dont forget to replace your rear shocks for somethin a little nicer too
i just put the monroe 5870's on my box and man what a difference!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

intake and exhaust and header and pulley. those are basically essential to make the box a lot more fun, seeing as how basically have a lot of entertainment going on inside the box. seriously, they are performance parts, but they do free up the engine a lot more than you'd expect.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Plan for 300 bucks for raamat or edaed. it will have the most bang for the buck. And for normal driving, so are the Monroe shocks.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Blacklisted
swap those trd's for somethin a little lower
do your own cathode lighting
paint all the interior panels yourself
and use the other 1300 dollars for somethin else
I like the cathode lighting idea. I was looking at going with Oznium.com and getting the LED kit for the exterior and interior lighting. Thanks...

I did eDead in the tC, and Ill prob do it in the xB but not to the extent of doing the whole car like the tC. Prob just the doors. But that is something I plan on doing later on.

As far as the springs, I dont want to go lower than an 1" since the roads in Boston and Greater Boston are very bad. I like the idea of the Monroe Shocks for the rear but I want to drive the xB around a bit before I make my decision on if the Monroe shocks are needed.

As far as performance, I might consider an exhaust but it would have to be very quiet since I dont like the drone of the exhaust on long highway drives and such. For the most part, I dont want to have issues with warranty even though Im good with the dealer I go to (they sponsor ScioNRG so they are very helpful). Thats why I want to steer away from things like header and pullies.

Any more ideas
Old 08-15-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, buy a laptop or put together a carputer (check out www.mp3car.com) and set it up for navigation/music/movies, etc. I use a tablet laptop (click the link in my signature) and i feel that it is the best investment after buying an xB.

You can either buy a used laptop (like i did) off of craigslist or ebay for really cheap and then just buy a touch screen monitor from ebay - and just wire it into the car. you will be so glad you did! i dont have a single CD in my car because all of my music is on my laptop! i've been using the laptop in my car since mar of this year and it's definitely a priceless thing to have!

good luck with your box!
- sh00k
Old 08-15-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I decided to get:

TRD Sway Bar
TRD Strut Bar
and swap the 5435 for the 6600 which is like 400-500 more.

That being said, I only have like $500 to work with now.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by midtowndesi
Dude, buy a laptop or put together a carputer (check out www.mp3car.com) and set it up for navigation/music/movies, etc. I use a tablet laptop (click the link in my signature) and i feel that it is the best investment after buying an xB.

You can either buy a used laptop (like i did) off of craigslist or ebay for really cheap and then just buy a touch screen monitor from ebay - and just wire it into the car. you will be so glad you did! i dont have a single CD in my car because all of my music is on my laptop! i've been using the laptop in my car since mar of this year and it's definitely a priceless thing to have!

good luck with your box!
- sh00k
God, I wish I was inclined enough to do this! Freakin' awesome dude!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ It's not hard at all - anyone can do it. The biggest investment is the laptop and even that you can get SOOO cheap off of ebay or craigslist... it's not that hard to wire everything together... it's just like setting up a computer in your house - except you need to use your imagination on where to mount things...

Right now, i take my laptop in and out of the car whenever I want. I am thinking about getting a laptop with a broken screen (only if i find it really cheap) and install it under the small space under the drivers seat. i would mount it in a way where i can access the cd drive easily. that would be permenently installed there. then i would get a touch screen monitor, 7", and replace the head unit (i would get a different radio to put in the "cubby" area...)

this isn't so bad or TOO tough... if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me them...

I feel like a carputer/laptop-in-car spokesmen because all I do is talk about it. the benefits are huge for very little investment and you save over $2000 by not getting the dealer option!

Sure, my setup doesn't look as nice as the dealers but when im using my laptop for navigation, i still get to where i want. it doesnt matter, to me anyway, how pretty it looks as long as it's a good solution! with the dealer solution, my understanding is that you have to buy another part if you want to watch movies on it which sucks! with my laptop, i use it all the time for: navigation, music (4,000+ songs), music videos, movies, etc. i took a small 4 hour (each way) road trip to new hampshire and this thing made a world of difference. i knew where i was at all times, found things (gas stations, ATMs) etc all easily, not to mention i never heard the same song twice during the whole trip! lol! plus, when my digi cam memory card got full, guess what? i connected it to my laptop, transferred all the pics and then i took tons of more pictures!

i can go on for days. just do this and never look back to living without a laptop in your car! lol

ps, L4rry_B1rd , $500 is still enough to get a comptuer solution in your car. spend $300 for a laptop with a broken screen and $200 on a touch screen monitor. you can even use like an 800mhz or 900mhz laptop for this... i am actually selling a couple of 866mhz computers that i have (HP thin client machines - the size of a shoebox) that would be perfect for in-car use!
- sh00k
Old 08-16-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the TRD exhaust. I bought if from a Toyota dealer on Ebay for under $300 including shipping. I took about 20 minutes to install
I do a lot of freeway driving and didn't want to have to turn up the audio to compensate for exhaust drone. Under acceleration it makes a more respectable sound than stock exhaust but quiets down once you get up to speed.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would buy a bunch of uncut Nicoraguan Cocaine.

THEN you cut it... say with BAKING SODA.
Any brand will do, but I prefer Arm & Hammer brand.

Now you have TWICE the amount of drugs!

Then all you have to do is sell it in alot smaller quantities at an inflated rate, and you've got 10 times the amount of cash you started with, with little to no real RISK*

NOW you can buy all the mods you want! Hey, get the whole car dipped in Carbon Fiber if you want!

*rediculous amount of risk will definately be involved. purchase a firearm and pray to god you don't die an early death and burn in hell for all eternity.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Archngl
I would buy a bunch of uncut Nicoraguan Cocaine.

THEN you cut it... say with BAKING SODA.
Any brand will do, but I prefer Arm & Hammer brand.

Now you have TWICE the amount of drugs!

Then all you have to do is sell it in alot smaller quantities at an inflated rate, and you've got 10 times the amount of cash you started with, with little to no real RISK*

NOW you can buy all the mods you want! Hey, get the whole car dipped in Carbon Fiber if you want!

I like the way this guy thinks!!!

*rediculous amount of risk will definately be involved. purchase a firearm and pray to god you don't die an early death and burn in hell for all eternity.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can still get
header, exhaust, engine cover, strut tower bar.......

or install a mini computer in your car