** BLOWN BIG BLOCK XB **

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default ** BLOWN BIG BLOCK XB **

I have serious problems but here is how I see it. One day I will transform my XB into this. It will take a ton of money and time but one day I hope to share a build up on here with you. :twisted:

Old 08-30-2004, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ** BLOWN BIG BLOCK XB **

Originally Posted by SUPASCIONXB
I have serious problems but here is how I see it. One day I will transform my XB into this. It will take a ton of money and time but one day I hope to share a build up on here with you. :twisted:

good luck. Also if your going for a drag look & that thing is converted to RWD those front tires need to be skiny slicks, not the same size as the rear. That would creat to much friction.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe it'll be AWD :twisted:
Old 08-30-2004, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

RWD all the way :D we will keep it on the ground { in the rear } 14in wide slick and a four link set up. Besides I want my fronts to see a little Hang time , your not pullin them fronts up with AWD.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did a V8 swap into a VW gti for a guy that works with me, but we used a Northstar, and kept it FWD. Before anyone calls BS saying this is a hard swap due to firewall clearances, it's actually the complete oposite, to keep the axles in the right spot, the engine sits way far forward (hard to mount a radiator). If I'm not mistaken, the northstar is actually smaller dimensionally than the VR6.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fireballfish
I did a V8 swap into a VW gti for a guy that works with me, but we used a Northstar, and kept it FWD. Before anyone calls BS saying this is a hard swap due to firewall clearances, it's actually the complete oposite, to keep the axles in the right spot, the engine sits way far forward (hard to mount a radiator). If I'm not mistaken, the northstar is actually smaller dimensionally than the VR6.
I would love to see pics of that. I dont think its BS. If you got the time you could do about anything. Hell they can get a 350CI Chevy SB into a Pontiac Fiero.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by chucksu
I would love to see pics of that. I dont think its BS. If you got the time you could do about anything. Hell they can get a 350CI Chevy SB into a Pontiac Fiero.
I've seen a big block chevy in a fiero
Old 08-30-2004, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

those style wheels/tire dont look bad at all
Old 08-30-2004, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So is this the one currently featured in one of the tuner mags? Didn't know you were Canadian.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

Put the motor behind the front seats and make it rear wheel drive.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i think ive seen this GTi before. is it an MK2? Ive seen an MK2 GTi on vwvortex that has a northstar in it. its pretty bad ___.

EDIT: Is this it????
Old 08-30-2004, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by projxB
i think ive seen this GTi before. is it an MK2? Ive seen an MK2 GTi on vwvortex that has a northstar in it. its pretty bad ___.

EDIT: Is this is????
Dang! That is awesome.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey thet GTI, the ignition in it.... Thats not the old Electromotive TecII is it?
Old 08-31-2004, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey thet GTI, the ignition in it.... Thats not the old Electromotive TecII is it?
Old 08-31-2004, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 08-31-2004, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Wow!, a V8 in a VW, thats kinda scary . Love that brace on the strut towers.

As for a big block in an XB, that would be sweet. But I personally would go for a smaller block with performance upgrades.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by NHGrafx
Love that brace on the strut towers.
That's probably so the strut towers don't try to slap eachother "high-five" when you mash the throttle.
What's the torque steer like? Wheel hop?

That is one _____in' v-dub!!

btw, where is the radiator?
Old 08-31-2004, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SUPASCIONXB

My question is, where are you going to get the 1/2 scale engine and blower like the ones in the picture.

If you were to put a real big block in an xB, you'd have to severely modify the firewall and windshield! You'd end up driving from the back seat!

George
Old 08-31-2004, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by George
If you were to put a real big block in an xB, you'd have to severely modify the firewall and windshield! You'd end up driving from the back seat!

George
Thats why I would go with a small block with performance upgrades. Would probably be more manageable. You can get some pretty high horsepower and torque numbers out of small blocks with the right upgrades.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NHGrafx
Originally Posted by George

George
Thats why I would go with a small block with performance upgrades. Would probably be more manageable. You can get some pretty high horsepower and torque numbers out of small blocks with the right upgrades.
Yeah do something like a Chevy 400ci sb. Build it up right you could have some nice power. Also seeing the way it looks I would think your just going to drag race it right? So then what class would you be running in?

Quick Reply: ** BLOWN BIG BLOCK XB **