04 Scion xB Cross Country Road Trip - Scionlife.com

Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Old 07-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #1  

Default 04 Scion xB Cross Country Road Trip

Hey all,

Recently I've been mulling over the idea of hopping in my xB and driving all over the USA. I want to see as much of the country as I possibly can, maybe even all of the lower 48?

About Me: Almost 21 and don't want to get any older. I work part time for a parks and rec department while going to college in SoCal and have been saving up my money for the past two years.
I'll be transferring school's starting in the fall of 2016 so I will have an almost 6 month break which would be perfect for this trip.

The Plan: Basically wander around the states looking for interesting things. I hope to see some of the American classics like Mount Rushmore and the St. Louis Arch while also venturing into some of the daunting big cities like New York or Chicago.
To keep costs low I plan to camp in the car for most nights while springing for a cheap motel only when the car becomes to cramped or I start to lose my mind.

The Car: 2004 Scion xB. Forrest Green. Really great car and one I really grew up in. It's the car I took my drivers test in. Right now she's pushing 200k due to frequent trips up and down California and one trip all the way to Louisiana and back.
We have always taken care of it but my fear is I will be driving alone in the desert and she will finally kick the bucket.

The Budget: Budget is a major concern but with my lodging expenses drastically slashed by sleeping in the car, I figure I could afford the trip for at least a month anyways.

Basically what I'm asking is if the xB would be a good car to convert into a mini R.V. for a few months or if I should look into taking a different vehicle. The xB is so attractive because it still gets great gas mileage and I can sleep inside.

Any tips or sense you could knock into me would be greatly appreciated.
--Tony

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-21-2018 at 07:38 PM.
tpistoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #2  

Default Road trip

Tony, Iím curious as to whether you took the road trip or not and if you didÖ How did it go?
Suzanne757 is offline   Reply With Quote