First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

120 MPH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 120 MPH!!!

I hit 120 mph this weekend. The car performed perfectly, but I was pretty nervous.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please tell me you were on a closed track.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where the heck in the world were you nuts enough to hit 120MPH!?!?
Old 12-02-2004, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did this on my local highway, C-470 in Littleton Colorado!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, that's not smart. Way too many variables on a public road. At 120mph a simple pothole could be deadly. Not to mention other drivers who might not see you and change lanes suddenly. If you crash at that speed, you're dead. I've seen it too many times. Please don't do that again.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not the brightest bulb on the tree huh?

When someone sees you in their mirror, 99% of normal drivers on the road won't be able to tell at what speed you are travelling! Most don't even take that into considerration when making their lane change descisions...

Plus, I don't see any major brake modifications to go with your 18" wheels. Therefore your car will not be able to handle the manuvering required at such high speeds because it's not a race car!

Question; Are you a race car driver, or have you had any performance driving instruction?
If the answer is no as I presume, then you have no buisness being behind the wheel of a vehicle going at such a high rate of speed!

There are enough motor vehicle related injuries/accidents/deaths because of "donkeys" on the road. Those of us who enjoy our cars for what they are must suffer and pay via higher insurance, stigmas, stereotypes, etc due to the irresponsibility of others...

I love driving fast and reaping the full potential of the vehicles I drive too but if you are gonna go nuts, do it at the track!!!!
Or go race go-karts or something to get it out of your system.

By the way... What time was it when you decided to do this? how many other vehicles were on the road at the time?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Doesn't the car govern out at 108mph?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have scoped this portion of the road for months, I just needed the perfect time, which was at about 530 in the morning with absolutly no cars on the road. It may have been stupid or what not, but what's done is done, I just thought I would share this info for all the people that didn't believe it was possible.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Done is done it is...
At least you did what you could to keep others safe...
I think I know how you feel, like I said, I love driving fast too!
You should look into actual kart racing. It is loads of fun and if you can find somewhere that has the performance "go-karts" that can do 40 - 50MPH you will have a blast! Or if you are nuts like me, try and find somewhere you can join a league or something where you have access to the tripple digit MPH shifter karts...
I found one near me, just have to save up for the expenses...
Old 12-02-2004, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Again, I don't have training, I didn't need training, and for one split second, I did something most of us have only dreamed about. If I had seen even ONE other car on the road, It would not have been done, so please whine and wimper all you want , but don't judge until you know all the facts.

PS. I am not trying to upset anyone one this forum, I have a speeding problem, I'll be the first to admit it, But I do it with the safety of everyone else on the road in mind.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Relax... Maybe I jumped the gun a little, but I was just expressing my concern for the safety of others including yours...

I am on the road a lot and have seen the carnage of motor vehicle accidents which occur at normal highway speeds and it isn't pretty. Just giving you a bit of advice based on what I've been exposed to, that' all.

Hope you enjoy your car and get a chance to take it to a track someday and really enjoy it! Espacially now that you know how well it can be made to perform...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No problem!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by axiom
I did this on my local highway, C-470 in Littleton Colorado!
Wow. you were complaining about how your not able to rotate your tires because of the snow. Now, you go and drive 120MPH on C-470 highway where its snowing? REAL smart buddy. :? :?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha dude no worries, you're not alone hitting triple digits in an xA.

I even did it at about 2-3 in the afternoon on a 4 lane interstate, modifications or not.

Just put the hammer down and took off, I hit about 105-110 for about a mile and then dropped down to 80-90.

Sounds like you guys need to break your adrenalinitis, go buy a Toyota Tacoma.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Teammischiefek:

Again, Get your facts straight, the tires were done the week before. And, for only being here a day you really shouldn't try to make enemies, ___!
I will never understand your kind, but keep up the retarded statements so we can all keep laughing.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by axiom
Teammischiefek:

Again, Get your facts straight, the tires were done the week before. And, for only being here a day you really shouldn't try to make enemies, ___!
I will never understand your kind, but keep up the retarded statements so we can all keep laughing.
It doesn't matter how long i've been to the forum. Whats the difference? You need to understand what your doing. People have their own opinions and you should try to comprehen what i'm saying. It will be good for you. DRIVING 120MPH in the SNOW is not safe. I guess you think thats stupid? Okay Please go get some sense.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to attack you when i told you to change your own tire or advising you not to drive 120MPH in the snow. I was just trying to help. If you don't understand, be it.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is hilarious
just thought id share that opinion
Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont think you shouldve made a whole post about this but get off his case. I dont think you should be doing 120...but really its not that fast. Ive been 110 and it was really just cruising.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Teammischiefek
It doesn't matter how long i've been to the forum. Whats the difference? You need to understand what your doing. People have their own opinions and you should try to comprehen what i'm saying. It will be good for you. DRIVING 120MPH in the SNOW is not safe. I guess you think thats stupid? Okay Please go get some sense.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to attack you when i told you to change your own tire or advising you not to drive 120MPH in the snow. I was just trying to help. If you don't understand, be it.
Who says he was driving 120MPH in the snow?

Quick Reply: 120 MPH!!!