2007 Scion xB

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances

Toyota. Asked them
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that isn't exactly a credible source.

and this discussion has been discussed several times and its been posted about exactly how much bigger it will be a few times on a few different forums.

Cya
I know. However, I have yet to see any actual dimensions mentioned, which is why I asked. Plus, most people have been referring to the t2b as the next xB.

One thing people have to remember is the idea that the next gen xB will be bigger, 2.4-liter powered, etc. came from www.edmunds.com's interview with a Japanese newspaper and NOT directly from Toyota.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

still going with the 1.3L as standard 1.5L as upgrade
Old 12-27-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sushiboy
Originally Posted by killerxromances

Toyota. Asked them
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that isn't exactly a credible source.

and this discussion has been discussed several times and its been posted about exactly how much bigger it will be a few times on a few different forums.

Cya
I know. However, I have yet to see any actual dimensions mentioned, which is why I asked. Plus, most people have been referring to the t2b as the next xB.

One thing people have to remember is the idea that the next gen xB will be bigger, 2.4-liter powered, etc. came from www.edmunds.com's interview with a Japanese newspaper and NOT directly from Toyota.
I know they aren't reliable, as i stated above this no one really knows what it will look like untill its closer to debute. Not to mention, i said "its supposed to be", i never said i knew for sure. Thats just what i hear its supposed to be, its not supposed to be that much bigger.

Cya
Old 12-27-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i love the perfect placement of the cupholders lol
Old 12-27-2005, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, that 2.4l was just a rumor regardless of where it came from. From what i've read direct from Toyota corp, its still supposed to carry the 1nz. There was talk however of possibly redoing the bay sizes completely and have either the 1zz 1.8 or the 2az 2.4. Nothing was solid nor firm, and this talk of this was almost seven months ago so its really up in the air. Until solid proof comes in, it should still be a 1.5l and if its slightly bigger, probably another 100-200lbs heavier.

Cya
Old 12-27-2005, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

geez I am getting bored.....this discussion should go the way of the DL
Old 12-27-2005, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can't replace a vehicle that's just blatantly blunt like the xB. It's like saying the Hummer H2 replacement will be aerodynamic as a Ferrari. You can't turn the new Beetle into a box. You can't super size the Mini Cooper. The xB's day of execution is near. Nothing can replace it.

IMO, the new bB is not Gen 3. It is Gen 2. Gen 1 was the original bB released in late '98- early '99. Gen 1.5 is the current xB, former bB ('02-'05 1.5L engine choice). Toyota does this mid-generation minor changes all the time. The bB name is probably dead after Gen 2. Only names like Crown, Corolla, and Hilux continue on at Toyota.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Here are better pictures. All I can say it's ugly...

Old 12-27-2005, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="05_JDM_bB"]Here are better pictures. All I can say it's ugly...

I really hope they do release the new gen like this, this way i can say to the newbies my box is better than yours.

Cya
Old 12-27-2005, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I doubt that will be coming here in the US. Never believe what they tell you at the dealership. You have more knowledge and facts coming here on this board then you will from a salesman or someone else who works at a dealership.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05_JDM_bB
I doubt that will be coming here in the US. Never believe what they tell you at the dealership. You have more knowledge and facts coming here on this board then you will from a salesman or someone else who works at a dealership.
I had knowledge before i came here to the board, and you are correct. I do believe this was discussed already. I quote myself,
I know they aren't reliable, as i stated above this no one really knows what it will look like untill its closer to debute.
Cya
Old 12-27-2005, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd rock it
Old 12-27-2005, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the larger instruments in the new interior. I don't like the complete lack of storage shelves on the dash - I've gotten used to having those.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member
Scion Evolution

December 26 , 2005

Toyota Launches Fully Redesigned bB
— "A Car-shaped Music Player" that Incorporates Youthful Sensibilities —

Tokyo — TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION (TMC) announced today that it has begun nationwide sales in Japan of the completely redesigned bB passenger vehicle through "Netz" dealers.

The first-generation bB, launched in 2000, was developed as an individualistic, compact hatchback—a completely new genre. Its sense of presence, apparent at a single glance, and its spacious, comfortable interior suitable for a diverse range of uses proved popular among younger customers.

The New bB
(in "Z" trim, "Q version" with 1.5-liter front-wheel drive, options)

The new bB retains the strengths of the previous bB and strives to embody the lifestyle of people who want to be surrounded by music everywhere they go, adopting the development theme of "A Car-shaped Music Player" to satisfy the preferences of the younger generation.

With an emphasis on "sound", "illumination", and "relaxation", the new bB seeks to create an interior space in which one can be completely immersed in music. To achieve this, the bB incorporates an audio system that uses the latest in acoustic technology and features interior lighting that flashes in rhythm to the music, while newly developed front seats help create a sense of privacy.

Sales Outline
Sales channels "Netz" dealers nationwide in Japan
Monthly sales target in Japan 5,000 units
Dealer launch events January 14 and 15, 2006

Assembly Plant
Head (Ikeda) Plant, Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/05/1226.html

Unless i'm mistaken, weren't Xb's being made for the USA in canada recently? (or were going to?) if thats the case, then the asnwer is clear, we're staying box shaped while japan gets this new Bb
Old 12-27-2005, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Good find Uno. Thanks for posting it up.

There IS a new Toyota production plant being built in Canada (in addition to the one that makes Corollas and Matrix now), but it won't be cranking out cars for about another year (according to my training). One of the vehicles on the new plant's schedule is the new Rav4. I have not heard if any of the Scions will be produced there, but it's certainly a decent possibility.

That line about the 1.5L engine for the new bB is very telling to me. EVERYTHING I have ever seen or heard about the new "xB" has talked about a bigger displacement engine. At least the 1.8L from the Corolla (again, a possible link to Canada there), but as large as the Camry/tC 2.4L as was spec'd for the t2b concept.

That's what I'm thinking...

-Alex
Old 12-27-2005, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I still say the next gens are as follows:

xb >>> full size 32 foot RV
tC >>> Diesel locomotive (on 30's)
xA >>> Full size sneaker teamed up with adidas
Old 12-27-2005, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That emblem in the grill looks just like a Scion emblem. Does this mean that it may actually eventually be a Scion instead of a Toyota Bb?

Old 12-27-2005, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of Japanese cars have model-specific badging that isn't so common here in the states. I don't think it means we're going to see this in the US.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

eh... if it comes I think it'll be a let down... It doesn't seem to have any of the cool things the t2B was hyping.. not even the mono foglight I wasn't too thrilled about (but got used to)
no sliding/suicide/scissored doors, no bigger engine with comparable gas mileage...

oh well if it comes out at least it'll make me happier I got the xB when i did
Old 12-27-2005, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...there will be no 2007 scion xB .
...the 3rd gen . bB will not come stateside .
...look for the total redesigned 2008 replacement in early 2007 .

Quick Reply: 2007 Scion xB