http://toyota.jp/customize/bb/
Old 12-27-2005, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcitylocal
Sweeeeeet interior but the exterior sucks...IMO
Agreed.

That exterior does everything wrong that the current model did right. No simple, straight lines. It's all g@yed up with an evil looking clown-face slapped on the front.No thanks.

But it's a moot point since THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE GETTING HERE.

Toyota has already said that the xB replacement here will be Avensis-based with the 2.4 liter. Think of it as a box-shaped tC.

Which of course means we can kiss the nice light weight, high MPG and $14k price goodbye. That pretty much guarantees I won't replace this car with whatever this thing will be called, since there are alot of appealing cars in that price/weight range to choose from. I'm sure it will be nice whatever it is though.

I would have been perfectly happy with an *slightly* larger xB replacement with a 1ZZ-FE and a genuine independent rear suspension. That would have been a more sensible evolution IMO.

From what I've read, the Mazda5 would hold more appeal to me. All the utility and sporty handling without the riceboy fanbase.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Biznox
Originally Posted by surfcitylocal
Sweeeeeet interior but the exterior sucks...IMO
Agreed.

That exterior does everything wrong that the current model did right. No simple, straight lines. It's all g@yed up with an evil looking clown-face slapped on the front.No thanks.

But it's a moot point since THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE GETTING HERE.

Toyota has already said that the xB replacement here will be Avensis-based with the 2.4 liter. Think of it as a box-shaped tC.

Which of course means we can kiss the nice light weight, high MPG and $14k price goodbye. That pretty much guarantees I won't replace this car with whatever this thing will be called, since there are alot of appealing cars in that price/weight range to choose from. I'm sure it will be nice whatever it is though.

I would have been perfectly happy with an *slightly* larger xB replacement with a 1ZZ-FE and a genuine independent rear suspension. That would have been a more sensible evolution IMO.

From what I've read, the Mazda5 would hold more appeal to me. All the utility and sporty handling without the riceboy fanbase.
Show us where Toyota says we are definitely get a replacement with 2.4l and Avensis chasis. I don't recall Toyota ever stating the idea of the 2.4l concept being rock solid. Infact, there was more talk with using the 1.8l 1zz vs. 2az, i recall two articals about the 2.4l switch and one turned out to be a rumor, and the other was from toyota talking about the t2b. The t2b was the base form of the 3rd gen bB, as you can see it shares alot of exterior characteristics the t2b had, especially with the front end. So, again, show us this artical that states Toyota is definitely using that chasis and the 2az.

Cya
Old 12-28-2005, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by uno7
...Assembly Plant Head (Ikeda) Plant, Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
Interesting. That's why this bB is so small. Daihatsu always makes small cars. Even the chassis code on the new bB is different from the current xB and the new Vitz/Yaris (1NZFE engine).

Chassis code:
Old bB/current xB: NCP31
New Vitz (JDM): NCP91
New bB: QNC21

I like the t2B Cargo concept. The Taco is too tall for simple needs of hauling stuff from one place to another. The Cargo would fit that job well. Just need to make sure 5-people have room and a mininum 5-foot bed (tailgate down) with the Tacomas composite bed material.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Netz is a Toyota sub-brand like Scion, only it is exclusive to Japan.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i'll take the 1zz over the 2az any day.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
i'll take the 1zz over the 2az any day.
Ditto, at least in a smallish car.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

il trade my bcp for the streetbillet bcp like color
Old 12-29-2005, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

somthing about it is really off key... like even looking at the center console... it doesnt run "centered" with the gauge cluster or the middle of the car (based on the arm rest)... and the back sadley resembles a PT Pooper

Still, Im only mentioning its negatives, I see a lot of positives too... which could out weigh the neg
Old 12-29-2005, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a little more fuel to the fire:

"The generation-two bB, out now, is expected to be the replacement for the Scion xB."
—Edmunds "Inside Line"

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108647
Old 12-29-2005, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member

dont like the newer version
Old 12-29-2005, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

"The generation-two bB, out now, is expected to be the replacement for the Scion xB."
—Edmunds "Inside Line"

they don't know what they're talking about. the new bB is the 3rd generation! not second. we have a second gen bB but with the larger motor and LHD.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

—Edmunds "Inside Line"

they don't know what they're talking about. the new bB is the 3rd generation! not second. we have a second gen bB but with the larger motor and LHD.
I never trust Edmunds, their numbers are always off and their facts are always questionable.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sushiboy

—Edmunds "Inside Line"

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108647
Expected to be?

Expected by whom? That's a pretty baseless and non-commital statement.

I'd be positively amazed if they introduce that ugly ___ cracked-out Jack-o-lantern looking thing as a replacement for the xB in the U.S. Especially considering all the effort they put into making the t2b prototype which looks nothing like it and isn't even based on the same platform.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The xB we have now is the 1st generation bB. In Japan, each generation is further divided into before and after minor model change. So our xB is a 'after minor model change' 1st generation bB.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, after looking at the new bB flash page on toyota.jp, I think the new bB is cooler than I thought, at least on the inside. I still think the exterior is a bit busy, but I don't think it's as hideous as I first thought.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
The xB we have now is the 1st generation bB. In Japan, each generation is further divided into before and after minor model change. So our xB is a 'after minor model change' 1st generation bB.
Edmunds is correct in stating that the new bB is Generation 2. Generation 1 bB only had the 1.3L engine, license plate holder is located on the rear bumper and sold late 1998-2001. Generation 1.5 bB/Gen 1 xB has two engine options 1.5L and 1.3L(bB only). Gen 1.5 license plate holder is located on the hatch. Gen 1.5 bB was sold in 2002 with some Gen 1 bB bumpers and eventually switch over to the USDM bumpers and headlights in late 2004-05.
Gen 1 and 1.5 bB's with Gen 1 bumpers and headlights

USDM xB

JDM 1.5 bB sold with USDM bumpers and headlights
Old 12-30-2005, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those familiar with Hondas, it's kinda of like a 1996-2000 Civic. They are all considered 6th generation, but the 1996-1998s had slightly different exterior bits (grille, fenders, taillights), but the chassis and just about everything else was the same.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
no we have the second gen. the first gen had the smoothe headlights and smaller bumbers. the second gen has the headlights like ours and the bumpers like ours.

you can say it's 1.5 but....... everything i hear from all my friends that order , buy and sell jdm parts call it first and second gen. i even believe one of the toyota pages about the new bB call it the third generation.

Quick Reply: 2007 Scion xB