Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Accessories...Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member

Default Accessories...Accessories

Hello everyone,

I am soon to be a new xA owner and am extremely excited. I am having problems desciding on what accessories to order (esp. since the smallish Scion dealer here in town seemed a bit clueless when it came to the details on these things). So I'm counting on you xA owners to help a girl out.

First of all, I know alot of these accessories are much cheaper if you get them done outside of the dealer... But I want to finance it all, and I don't have time to muck around with indepent shops. So, here we go. What do you guys think about about these accessories:

LED Light Enhancements: Blue (44)
I heard the lights really help the ambiance of the car at night... true? But the cupholder lights are crap.... Also, do you think blue interior lights would look alright on the plum color?

Interior: Carpeted Floor Mats/Cargo Mat (CF)
If I don't get these price-y mats, where can I find desent-fitting mats that look OEM?

Interior: **Driver and Front Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
I'm definately getting these.

Interior: SCION Security with Remote Keyless Entry (V3)
I really don't need a fancy alarm, I don't think... But I will be living in downtown Detroit next fall.... What do you think?

Interior: Cargo Liner (3X)
Anyone have the Liner? is it worth it???

Interior: Brushed Gray Molded Dash Applique (8A)
I like this look better than the fake metal looking silver accents.. How's the quality of this install? The word Applique makes it sound cheap.

Performance: *TRD Lowering Springs
Performance: *TRD Shocks
How much will these things help the ride? I hear Detroit has crappy roads, I'd like to be as comfy as I can be!

Exterior: Rear Tail Lights by TYC (FZ)
These look cool in the pict, Anyone have them?

Wheels: EP-10 Spoke Alloy Wheels
These look much cooler than the standard wheels, but are these 15" ? I don't want anything to comprimise my gas milage.

Thank you for any help you can give! Me and my new xA will be seeing you all on the streets of the D this fall!

*Soleil*
Old 04-26-2005, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The price dealer charges for those lights can't be justified by how cool they look.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i could i would of got my scion STOCK with nothing and get the mods myself, it will save you a lot of money. but good luck to ya.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I ordered my new xA, the only accessories I asked for were keyless entry and floor/cargo mats. I would definetly recommend that you get both. As for the rest, I would only suggest getting the extra airbags. You can never be too safe, right? In my opinion, the dealer simply charges too much for all of the accessories. The suspension upgrades likely won't do too well for you in Detroit, because you'll need all of the ground clearance you can get (that means no lowering springs) and the performance shocks will make the ride more harsh and less "comfy," to use your word. Good luck with your new car.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Accessories...Accessories

I heard the lights really help the ambiance of the car at night... true?
No, mostly for show, not really useful when it comes down to practicality. Down the road you'll probably slap yourself for spending $200 flashy blue lights which you'll use only when your passengers ask you "hey, what's that wierd button for?"

If I don't get these price-y mats, where can I find desent-fitting mats that look OEM?
No, again you can get it cheaper online at scionsport.com, trdsparks.com, and mcgeorgeparts.com.

I would recommend these for any safe conscious driver or if it is going to be used as a family hauler. The only problem is that you'll have to either special order it or wait around 6-8 weeks for one to become available.

I really don't need a fancy alarm, I don't think... But I will be living in downtown Detroit next fall.... What do you think?
Yes and no. Yes if you live in a shady neighborhood, no if you know a good audio shop that can hook you up.

No, not useful at all.

I like this look better than the fake metal looking silver accents.. How's the quality of this install? The word Applique makes it sound cheap.
Again, no. You'll slap yourself a second time for spending 200 plus on metal looking plastic

How much will these things help the ride? I hear Detroit has crappy roads, I'd like to be as comfy as I can be!
TRD parts will not soften your ride, it will make it more harsher. Grab a set of Tien H-Techs springs if you want a slightly smoother ride.

No, again you can get them much cheaper online at the sites mentioned above. There is an even better looking JDM taillight available for the same price.

These look much cooler than the standard wheels, but are these 15" ? I don't want anything to comprimise my gas milage.
NO! The tires on the xA have piddly grip and will scream under moderate cornering. This package is basically swapping the tires out of the stock rims and putting them on heavier rims and charging you 500 in the process.

If you didn't realize it yet, MOST of the scion accessories are either overpriced or serve no real function. Imo, the only thing I can recommend is the Scion armrest.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tail Lights: Buy them yourself and spend the 5 mins to install yourself. Its the easiest DIY every.
Wheels: Buy your own aftermarket rims at a shop.

Everything Else: not worth the $$
Old 04-27-2005, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

since you are a girl, the dealer might rape you even more. try to get the car first and worry about the aftermarket stuff later. one more tip get a handy boyfriend who can work on your xa for you............
Old 04-28-2005, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member

I am girl and here is my advice to another girl. Just get your Standard XA and nothing on it. You will be much happier when you find that you can add any of the accessories later and cheaper for some items. Plus it gives you time to get the feel of your car and decide how you really want to soop it up. I did get the floor mats from the dealer though and that is the last thing I will over spend on. The fog lights I will get off the shelf and I am checking into a cheaper alarm system.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spoiler, all xA's need to have a spoiler... either OEM or aftermarket... it doesn't look right without it...

~chris
Old 04-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Accessories...Accessories

Originally Posted by Soleil9
Hello everyone,

I am soon to be a new xA owner and am extremely excited. I am having problems desciding on what accessories to order (esp. since the smallish Scion dealer here in town seemed a bit clueless when it came to the details on these things). So I'm counting on you xA owners to help a girl out.

First of all, I know alot of these accessories are much cheaper if you get them done outside of the dealer... But I want to finance it all, and I don't have time to muck around with indepent shops. So, here we go. What do you guys think about about these accessories:

I heard the lights really help the ambiance of the car at night... true? But the cupholder lights are crap.... Also, do you think blue interior lights would look alright on the plum color?

Thank you for any help you can give! Me and my new xA will be seeing you all on the streets of the D this fall!

*Soleil*
If you decide to add on after you get your xA, you should be able to save money here.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaycate...ubmit=Continue...

Ken
Old 05-04-2005, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i reccomend bone stock....just get keyless entry and floor mats....everything else is not worth it...i understand that financing it is easier but the products that scion offer are garbage....go aftermarket everything...the only thing i would get is the C.A.I. but even thats too expensive...just my 2 cents
Old 05-08-2005, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member

Default Confused about Remote keyless entry

I'll be getting an Xa in a few days and I'm confused: Edmunds and others say that remote keyless entry is standard equipment on an Xa, but it is not mentioned on the Scion website as standard equip. Could someone please enlighten my poor confused brain????????
Old 05-09-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Remote keyless entry is not standard equipment on the xA. It is sold as an option/accessory. Personally I will be getting the Scion Security system with Keyless Entry from ScionSport. It's about $289.00 plus shipping and it's not that difficult to install.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member

Default Accesory after the fact....

As a former sales person, I would recomend that you avoid adding too much at the time of the sale. The dealer pads the add ons in order to make up for not making much $$ on the car. The dealer also wants you to finance more $$ because they get kickbacks from the banks, plus you don't want to make 48-60 payments on "apliques". I bought my 05 xa with nothing added. I regret not getting the keyless though. I recieved a $50 gift card from Scion and got the floor mats. The parts guy at the dealer "adjusted" the price of the floor mats to cover tax so I spent $0 out of pocket for them. Like über-xA-RS2, I am finding the accesories to be cheaper at ScionSport.

Good luck!