Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Adventures in RS3 shopping(basically done)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Adventures in RS3 shopping(basically done)

If everything works out to where I won't be losing a substantial sum of money(gas, insurance, payments) over the first year, I'll be trading in my '06 tC.

Now my question to you guys is, does anyone have any advice on what I should bring with me, or may need for the initial "money talks" meeting? I know I need my title to prove I own the car, but I feel like I might be forgetting something.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow a total of 5 of them left in the NY area.
Automatic RS3.0 : $17,680
Manual : $16,880

Thats all there is to it.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I know the price for the vehicle, transmission isn't a big deal to me for this car so I'm going to take whichever I can get first. Should I maybe bring my original receipt from the dealer to show the add-ons that were installed at the time of purchase? I'm going to a different dealer for this car since my previous one shot themselves in the foot via phone convo:

Me: "Hi, I'm looking to trade in my tC for one of the Release Series 3.0 xB's that are left."

Salesman: "What's a release series?"

*I hang up*
Old 09-07-2006, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Good choice not dealing with them. I think I spoke to you via AIM the other day. Im obvioulsy the best salesperson in the world considering this kind of follow-up. HAHAHA....

...Anyway, just bring your registration. Bringing the receipts wont do you any good. From what you told me your payoff was you should be in a pretty good spot. Just be very firm with them right from the start and tell them exactly what you're trying to accomplish. Say, "This is what I need for my trade, This is the car Im looking for, and This is the time frame Im working with..." Once you've laid all that out everybody is on the same page. Good luck and I hope you get the RS3.0 you're looking for!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah that was me you spoke to the other day. The salesman was talking to the manager to get the dealer trade finished and I have to call him back in about an hour to double check things and set a proper time to meet. Once again, thanks for helping me out.

Hopefully in a few short weeks(maybe less), I can change my avatar on here and get some nice pics to show off.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Awesome man! Sounds like you have things under control and are on your way to getting your RS!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another tC owner bites the dust and joins the box side
Old 09-07-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's funny, if you asked me if I'd be even looking into a box when I got the tC I'd laugh at you. Irony rules man.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madzozs
It's funny, if you asked me if I'd be even looking into a box when I got the tC I'd laugh at you. Irony rules man.
same here man. but it grew on me so much that i had to have one. hope everything goes well.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welp got a call earlier on my lunch break from the dealer. He told me the manager was having a bit more trouble getting the car than they thought at first. One dealership they worked with said they had a pending sale and wouldn't know for sure until tomorrow, or if the guy called tomorrow and asked them to hold it again. They have another possible one from a different dealer that they will know for sure tomorrow as well. Then he said there are 2 places they couldn't get in touch with the managers for.

Hopefully one of the first 2 dealers will swap with them and hook it up tomorrow. I'm going for another test drive tomorrow just to hold me over. What I may end up doing if I can't get this RS is wait until the 4 comes out and rock out with my box out.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madzozs
Yeah I know the price for the vehicle, transmission isn't a big deal to me for this car so I'm going to take whichever I can get first. Should I maybe bring my original receipt from the dealer to show the add-ons that were installed at the time of purchase? I'm going to a different dealer for this car since my previous one shot themselves in the foot via phone convo:

Me: "Hi, I'm looking to trade in my tC for one of the Release Series 3.0 xB's that are left."

Salesman: "What's a release series?"

*I hang up*
I had a similar experience happen to me too, THE Scion salesman didn't know what a Release Series was, I even had a picture of it and handed it to him. He had to go to the boss and look it up. He returns and says oh yeah, that's a limited edition!

So I go to Houston to get a RS3.0 from a dealership that has seen them before.

Just today I went to the same dealership to get the oil changed, the guy said what is this? a limited edition? I never seen one before.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why are you switching from a tc to a xb? I'm still torn but leaning towards the tc only because of the lack of power from the xb
Old 09-08-2006, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, it'll save me money in the long run. I'm going to be switching jobs in the next few months and that will help, especially since my current commute is 2.2 miles both ways. Plus, I have a niece that I watch often and the tC isn't the best for car seats and getting the kid out.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Yeah, coming by an RS3.0 at this point will be fairly difficult. We sold out of the two we received back in March (I actually bought one). Then I begged another off of a dealer who didn't really want it much. That was in April. No new ones left around here really.

You may be better off taking the Torched Penny in the end. Your wait will only be a month or two at this point if all my info is correct. The Envy is hot, but it may be just too late for a new one.

-Alex
Old 09-08-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was actually toying with that idea when the calls started coming up negative. Any news on the features of the RS4?

You mentioned a month or two for waiting, is that until its revealed officially? If so, how long fro then would a release be roughly?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you really want the RS 3.0 just go directly to one of the dealers that has the car on their lot. You'll end up having to pay 'transportation fees' if they send it to another dealer and they're not going to put it on a truck to send it either. I can't see paying for someone to rack up miles on my new car.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member

I don't have any vadvise for you.... but MAN! Am I JEALOUS?!! I want a torched penny!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I called one of the dealers myself and they have the car in the show room. It's a decent drive from where I live so commuting to and from would be a big pain. The salesman I worked with said the dealership owner "may have sold it to another dealer" and actually asked me if I could call in sick today and go down and start working the details out. He then told me to call him on Monday morning(i have monday's and tuesday's off) and see if it's still in the showroom. If so he could hold it for me for the day if I was going to go down and work it out.

Good news is I have a family friend that lives 20 minutes from the dealer, and my credit union I am financing through has a branch right near there as well. So basically, if the car is there Monday, I'm going to drive down and hopefully have all the paperwork taken care of so I can drive home sometime Tuesday.

Obviously the chances of this all working out are about the same as hitting the lotto...and I don't play the lotto.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Too bad you couldn't set up a deposit on the phone. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I mentioned the minimum deposit over the phone and was all set to do it, but it really seemed like he didn't have it sold to a dealer. I'm willing to bet he was waiting for someone to come in over the weekend and buy it.

Oh well, hopefully it'll still be there tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply: Adventures in RS3 shopping(basically done)