Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

APEXi N1 Axel Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member

Default APEXi N1 Axel Back Exhaust

Last week at the Apex Integration Garage Sale I found/bought a what appears to be an APEX N1 axel back exhaust. I want to know does anyone else have one on their car yet? I haven't installed it yet because the hangars are too high and I need to modify it. NOTE: this is not a universal muffler, its an N1 axel back.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it made for the scion xb??? if so, the hanger should fit
where did u find it??? i like apexi alot!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by bBted
where did u find it??? i like apexi alot!!! :shock:
Dude, did you even read his post--he said he got it at the Apex Garage sale...they have one every year.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMxB
Originally Posted by bBted
where did u find it??? i like apexi alot!!!
Dude, did you even read his post--he said he got it at the Apex Garage sale...they have one every year.
I DID! im just too exciting...i meant where can i get one?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not sure you made a good choice but thats just me and im going on the apexi N1 universal i had i my hatch. apexi is a good well known co. but damn when i had that exhaust... it was F-ing loud and annoying you could hear me coming from far. even with the silencer it was still loud it didnt do crap. the only exhuast i like from apexi sound wise was the apexi dunk.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i had a apex n1 on my old car. i liked it. wasn't too loud for me. and i had intake/header/catback exhuast>n1..

i didn't use a silencer either.

BUT i did use a resonator.. 2.25" so it doesn't choke the flow but does muffler the sound.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on my hatch i have a b18c engine, jackson racing SC, MSD ignition setup, intake, header, custom piping and N1 exhuast and it was hella load for me.

if the guy i sold it to still has it ill try to get a sound clip and post it and show yall
Old 03-17-2004, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member

Well you had a Jackson racing Supercharger! Any forced induction setup will be loud. BTW did your belts always fray? Jackson Racing sucks at making the pulleys align, so the belts always frays at one end. Back to the exhaust, the muffler is guranteed to be under 103 DB, Japan is strick on that sound level, so I could be a little louder, If I get the silincer I'll be 7 DB lower, which will bring me to 96 DB, I'll take that risk. Has anyone seen this setup for sale anywhere?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the Apexi N1 on my box and its fine I have it sitting out sideways on my box so its cool all the guys saw it on Sat in Tracy so they have seen it...it sounds great
Old 03-17-2004, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

issac, can you post a pic?? i missed it...
Old 03-17-2004, 08:51 PM

Default Re: APEXi N1 Axel Back Exhaust

Originally Posted by PeeWee
Last week at the Apex Integration Garage Sale I found/bought a what appears to be an APEX N1 axel back exhaust. I want to know does anyone else have one on their car yet? I haven't installed it yet because the hangars are too high and I need to modify it. NOTE: this is not a universal muffler, its an N1 axel back.
Welcome peewee !!!! How much? got any pics? Is it a 7in round muffler or a 6in round muffler? Does it scrap? are you lowered?

Old 03-17-2004, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sure TED(MY BAD was in a rush here at work) thanks for the correction GABE!!!! I will take some photos today and post it later..first I have to learn on how to post...
Old 03-17-2004, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by izzles
Sure Matt I will take some photos today and post it later..first I have to learn on how to post...
issac, thats ted not matt. Look the same though.

Old 03-18-2004, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: APEXi N1 Axel Back Exhaust

Welcome peewee !!!! How much? got any pics? Is it a 7in round muffler or a 6in round muffler? Does it scrap? are you lowered? [/quote]

I bought it for $200.00 w/o silencer. No pix I don't have a digi-cam. My friend told me its probably an N1 Evolution muffler, I found paperwork in the box, and its all Japanese and the only thing thats in English is the Apex N1 Evolution logo, I dont know if the paperwork is for the very muffler that I have or not. Ihope it won't scrape. Im not lowered yet, I'm saving for my suspension/rims next.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member

I installed the exhaust today. It fits nicely! Its louder in the lower rpm's/gears, and when I'm flooring it, its perfect that it doesnt wake up the neighbors up when I'm driving home, but it lets everyone know I'm here when I want them to.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PeeWee
I installed the exhaust today. It fits nicely! Its louder in the lower rpm's/gears, and when I'm flooring it, its perfect that it doesnt wake up the neighbors up when I'm driving home, but it lets everyone know I'm here when I want them to.
how does it look like? any angle after u put it on?

u kno where can i get one???
Old 03-20-2004, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member

Not much of an angle. Remember I had to customize it to fit my bB. My options were to: mod the hangar, cut the bumper or buy longer bushings for the hangar. I opted for the later one. Remember this was made for a Japanese bB so it WAS supposed to be mounted onto a bB without the "bodykit" that Scions have. (Meaning this axel back kit mounted too high and the cut in the lip for the stock muffler tip was too low, almost an inch too low) I do not know where to get it since I scored this at the A'PEX integration Garage Sale (A'PEX integration's headquarters is near Toyota of Orange)
Old 03-21-2004, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we need them pics!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

peewee,
I was there too but i was looking for a green dot(box was messed up but exhaust was still good) they had 4 N1 for N/A for 109ea too bad the 2 guys infront of me bought 2ea. ____ed me off left empty handed!! anyway if ever can you give us a sound clip of it cause i'm still interested on how it sounds on an xB.

hubert
Old 03-22-2004, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i was suppose to pick up that exhuast from the garage sale but you beat me to it. for anyone else that wants a jdm bb apex'i n1 setup they are available on a special order basis. on a brighter note i ended up going home with a nice big skyline gt-r intercooler that was on clearance.

Quick Reply: APEXi N1 Axel Back Exhaust