First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

box haters

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default box haters

funny story..........
Me and my g/f/wifey have a restaurant and a customer asked her if that "box" was hers..When She said yes, he replied "why?, that thing is ugly"....I was busy takin the browns to the super bowl when this was happening....
The next day I was there when he came in and he told me that the box was ugly and he hated those things.....I replied in a professional and respectful way "could be worse, could be in a kia sephia", he was like " hey! thats what I drive"....I smiled and said "EXACTLY"......

I mean it was an old one on top of it.......Dirty as hell and worth like $800 at most.....
This guy was a customer I havent seen him since.........Cmon if ur gonna rag be in something better.......Plus that is rude as $hit, we didnt even know the dude......
Damn *****..........
One thing I hate is when you get those ppl who are smiling at ur box and there at the damn bus stop..........How could u be ragging when Im in a/c with my system going wherever I please and there sittin in the sun smellin my exhaust fumes.........
Old 04-22-2006, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Nothing worse than being burned about owning a Kia! Even though the new ones are decent vehicles, they still hold that certain conotation.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

True thats why I said it was old......
The new ones even though I would never want one are new!!
Anything new pretty much looks okay........But this one was old....
Old 04-22-2006, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i could never drive a car thats name is KIA (Killed In Action) lol
Old 04-22-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The longer they are out, the more acceptance they seem to get. It was rough in CA when they were first released. I didn't get mine then, but saw a few around and liked the unique shape. I ask about the car and others would tell me how ugly they were. So, after they were in CA for 8 months I went to see them at the dealer, test drove it, and back the next morning to buy it. Different always draws attention, good and bad.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I like the whole look of the box.....Different very Jdm......
ppl here in SA are so old school.............
I remember when I was in high school I wanted a civic with Tsw imolas in white..ppl in my class laughed....A year later everyone had white rims.....
This was awhile back though.......Its like were a year or two of what cali does..........
I need to take photos of the rice down here its funny as hell....
Old 04-23-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I tell people I'm trading my tc in for one. I get the "Why would you want one of those! Their ugly" reaction. One of these comments came from a pt cruiser owner.
Every time I hear "their ugly" makes me want mine even more. Hopefuly it comes in this week.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

My ex wife says it looks like an ice cream truck. She drives a new impala, which is plain as everything else on the road. She traded in a 95 tahoe that she paid too much for so she owes 30k on a 17k car. At least if I need money I can play farmer in the dell and sell ice cream
Old 04-23-2006, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

screw them at laugh at those people when you pump gas and get done faster and drive farther before sticking the hose in the hole. Right now , at $2.80 a gallon , I think the scion line is one of the best vehicles anyone could own. I was gonna hold out for a new fj or a h3 and I am so glad I did not wait on the f j landcruiser. It isnt worth 30 k and the fuel consumption sucks. I hope my xB runs for a long time. If we could get em to make a rs 4.0 in electric blue , I get a new one.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by dugzillaxb
My ex wife says it looks like an ice cream truck. She drives a new impala, which is plain as everything else on the road. She traded in a 95 tahoe that she paid too much for so she owes 30k on a 17k car. At least if I need money I can play farmer in the dell and sell ice cream
LOL.....My wife calls mine a Clown Car---You know like at the circus where the little car comes out and 20 clowns hop out of it.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions

welcome to my world.. I don't have a xB yet (may 15th) but I currently sport a Aprilia rally 50.

but hey I pass most people lol

ps: $4.00 for a month on gas
Old 04-23-2006, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member

I know what you guys mean i used to have a 1948 chevy fleetline lowrider mint and now i have my xb when i brought it it was either the xb or a 300m i chose the xb more fun and better payments and gas .My friends freaked i didnt get the 300m im happy with the xb
Old 04-23-2006, 06:15 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by OldYeller
LOL.....My wife calls mine a Clown Car---You know like at the circus where the little car comes out and 20 clowns hop out of it.
yah, 'Clown Car' or 'Green Machine' is pretty common for me. i get it from all my friends. my roommate wants to see how many ppl we can put in there at once... im sure we can hit 20
Old 04-23-2006, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was harassed a lot at work about my xB when I first got it too, funny thing happened, with the gas prices rising to almost $3.00/gal , everyone has suddenly taken an interest in my 30 mpg car, asking about the features and prices....who would have thunk...lol
Old 04-23-2006, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In the 8 months I've owned the "square car", as my 4 year old calls it, I've only had one incidence of hatred.......and that was from a couple of rednecks in an old rusted out Suburban. I was actually rather glad that our tastes didn't intersect anyway.

The vast majority of people either have little reaction or are quite enthusiastic about it. Smiles, thumbs-up and compliments from folks at gas stations and stoplights are common.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by dskinner
Nothing worse than being burned about owning a Kia! Even though the new ones are decent vehicles, they still hold that certain conotation.
Kias will move up on the laddder when you start seeing Chinese cars here. And remember, Toyotas and Hondas used to be in the same place that Korean cars are now.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bunch of haters out there
those are the type of people that get on my nerves

its cuz they got no taste in styling
some of us like to be "different"
Old 04-23-2006, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, I guess it the same pretty much everywhere.......

And a 300m????...what a waste of money....
$hitty on gas and a chrysler to top it off......
Sure they look nice with rims but every fake baller has one or wants one.......
Here I cant throw a rock without hitting one.....
Old 04-23-2006, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

Default box haters

Yea, my wife doesn't like my Short Bus as she calls it. She has only driven it 2 time in the year that I have owned it. She likes her Highlander. Hers is V6 AWD so it has more room and more power, but I get 10-12 mpg better than her. She also gets irate when people look or take pictures of my Box when cruising through Pigeon Forge or Gattlinburg. I just laugh. I would get rid of her if someone would take up payments. Wife, not my Box.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does she have projector headlights?

Quick Reply: box haters