Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

bunch of mod questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member

Default bunch of mod questions...

Hey guys,
I'm a new poster I've posted once before but forgot my old account info... anyways...

Stereo:
I had the dealership install my xm radio and I want to upgrade decks to the new 7700 pioneer deck and I was wondering since I'm going from teh pioneer stock deck to the pioneer aftermarket if my XM is compatible with the new deck... I took it to the guys who put my sub, amp and ipod connector in (azm on guadalupe and country club for any fellow arizonians) and he said it might not be he was going to search around for me but I was hoping maybe someone here had an answer.

I'm going to be losing my ipod connector since it was made specifically for the stock scion deck so if anyone wants to purchase that talk to me on AIM: inlovewithasound.

Lights:
I want the dual halo projectors... how time consuming is this to install? I was looking at them and it looks like it uses the stock lights with an extra one, and i have been trying to gather as much from the forum as possible and people are talking about more bulbs? Can someone explain? Does is void warranty?

Rims:
Anyone know have any good pics of xb's on 17s? I'm rollin on hubbies still bc i dont wanna keep putting all this money into new tires... what size tires would be most money efficient? Is 17 the highest you can go if you drive a lot and dont want to replace tires every 20k miles?

sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the help.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since a non scion XM antenna will not work with the stock HU i doubt the scion XM antenna will work with an aftermarket HU.

as far as tires go i run 215/45/17s and i drive for a living btu i only have 3 k on my tires, but they dont look any worse for wear.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

An aftermarket Pioneer deck will have different connectors than the stock deck.

I don't know about the halo lights, but there's lots of guys here who have them and somebody will pipe up.

A good tire will wear well despite the size. Do some shopping around online and read the reviews people have left on sites like tirerack.com and discounttiredirect.com. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for with tires. There are some rare exceptions to this, but that's why I'm suggesting you read the reviews.

Pictures? Well, it's not a great one because I took it, but the car rocks. This is my boy Cisco's ride on Konig 17s:

-Alex