Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

CALLING ALL ENVY GREEN OWNERS I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok this is really starting to ____ me off. my car was supposed to be here almost a month an a half ago.every week they say it will be here next week or they expect it anyday. is anyone else having this problem? its been at the port an they have been holding it there f or no apparent reason at all and theey wont release it.. im getting extreamly angry now... humph...
Old 03-27-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's in port waiting to have all the special features put on. I.E. Audio, LCD monitors, etc. Each RS 3.0 is taking about 8 hours of port time. And no matter how much you bug your dealer, they can't "jump line" and put it in front of other ones that are waiting for all the port installations. (Trust me, I speak from personal experience!)

HOWEVER, your dealership is playing you. They CAN look in the system and see if it has been released from port yet. If it hasn't, they shouldn't be saying "next week" or "any day now". Mine was released from port (Portland port) on/around March 17, and is due to the dealership between the 29th and 6th. Albeit, I will admit that my region is probably about as far away as possible from our Port, so that causes it to take a bit longer, and I don't know which port you work through.

The best thing to do is explain to the dealer that you DO plan on purchasing it, whenever it comes in, but you don't like being led to believe that it's coming in soon, and it not showing up. Ask them to let you know when it actually leaves port, and you should expect it within 1-3 weeks after then.

Regards,
TygerD
Old 03-27-2006, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member

Default sick of waiting

I have had the exact same problem, I have been waiting for my car FOREVER, I paid my deposit on 1/31, it was in the first allocation of 3.0s and still is not here... The worst part is that my dealer is lying to me, one person tells me that it is on the way and another tells me that it is still sitting in LA at the port... They told me that my car was on the way the end of February and when it arrived on the first of March, they told me that it was tracked incorrectly and that it was not really my car, but someone else's. I am starting to think that they sold my car out from under me. The worst part is because they had told me that it was coming in the end of Feb and that it would be here by the 1st of March, I sold my car and have not had anything to drive for a month, I am also getting very irritated, and everytime I call they say "this is just as frustrating for me as it is for you..." ARRRGHHHH I am about t give up!!! I am sick of their excuses and it seems that there really must be more that they can do for me to get my car here!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put my money down on my RS 3.0 on 1/29/06. I received a call in mid feb and the salesman stated that it was in port. She didn't know how long it would take to prep the car, but she would let me know when she did. She called me back on a Friday (2/2406) and stated that the car was released from the port. It should be in the dealership between Feb 28th and Mar 6th. Got a call on Mar 6 and she stated the car would be ready the next day. Picked it up the next day. The dealer may not know when the car will be released from the port. But when they do they can tell you a definite timespan of when they should receive it once it is released by the port. The saleswomen stated the delivery times were pretty accurate. Hope this helps (Probably not).
Old 03-27-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow, I lucked out. LOL. We were just having our regular Meet and Greet, when I was admiring the first 3.0 that came into our region. When, the sales guy says, "yeah, we just got another one of those in this afternoon". Of course I thought he was just kidding or if he wasn't it had to of been an order for someone. Well, as it turns out. I bought it on Saint Patty's Day. No waiting, it was great!!! BTW- I hadn't even had my 05 BSP for 8mo. They gave me an awsome trade-in for it!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Wow, I would be mad too! I bought mine a couple days ago.. they had 2 on the lot. The salesman said there had been a waiting list on them until now.. Its worth the wait though!! its so nice!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yay...
i got mine in...
awsome... but.. maby its just me, cuz i work at a high end audio/video store, but does the audio system in that car seem to be lacking a bit? when the ipod is hooked up to it the sound kinda skips everyonce in a while whne up mid-high loud. and the bass suxs all together. but i took care of that 2 type r's in the trunk oh yea...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member

Default still frustrated

Congrats guys!! Still waiting here!! There are now three 3.0s on our lot and ALL are 5 speeds, and my auto is still sitting in LA somewhere... arrghhh... I am starting to think they call it envy green because those of us that can't seem to get one envy all of you!! Congrats, hoping to have mine by June
I am wondering has anyone received an automatic that came from the LA port???
Old 03-29-2006, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

hmm.. I have an automatic but, no idea where it came from.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

We got one auto in from the LA port right away, whereas the other has been sitting there (it arrived at port with the first one that we got mind you) for about a month. My manager says it has to do with the fact that Toyota has just introduced the Yaris, FJ & '07 Camry.

Assuming that my Envy Green shows up on our next allocation (I just put my order in) I'll probably get it just in time for Thanksgiving, jk.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the info dskinner!! Glad to know that this really is a legitimate issue and not just the dealership messing with me!! Good luck with getting yours, I hear ya with the ETA of Thanksgiving hehehe... It's getting old huh?! It is pretty poor customer service to let a car that someone has put a deposit on just sit in the port, it's ridiculous, our dealership got three unclaimed RS 3.0s and mine has been sitting down there since like Feb 28th... I could've walked to LA and driven it home by now
Old 03-30-2006, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Guys. I Ordered mine on the 25th this month and they told me that it will be ready by the 17th or 18th of next month (April). I hope their promise is grand. I think I'll be getting it on time cause I know the Salesmen whom I'm buying it from. My brother bought his tC from the same person and he got his as promised.

I'm getting it with:
Front Strut Bar w/ Sway Bars
Foglights
Interior Illumination
Armrest
(note: this is also the RS3.0 version)

Also I'm new to this board. Glad to meet all you guys here @ Scionlife.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I was told that they are slow to leave port because they are adding the alarm and audio features there.

Also... Have you seen the xB we're giving away on Scionetics? Link is in my signature below.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TygerDralion
It's in port waiting to have all the special features put on. I.E. Audio, LCD monitors, etc. Each RS 3.0 is taking about 8 hours of port time. And no matter how much you bug your dealer, they can't "jump line" and put it in front of other ones that are waiting for all the port installations. (Trust me, I speak from personal experience!)

HOWEVER, your dealership is playing you. They CAN look in the system and see if it has been released from port yet. If it hasn't, they shouldn't be saying "next week" or "any day now". Mine was released from port (Portland port) on/around March 17, and is due to the dealership between the 29th and 6th. Albeit, I will admit that my region is probably about as far away as possible from our Port, so that causes it to take a bit longer, and I don't know which port you work through.

The best thing to do is explain to the dealer that you DO plan on purchasing it, whenever it comes in, but you don't like being led to believe that it's coming in soon, and it not showing up. Ask them to let you know when it actually leaves port, and you should expect it within 1-3 weeks after then.

Regards,
TygerD
Wow. Excellent info. I was thinking you work at a dealership!

Hope you're driving your RS3.0 now!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbcrud
Wow. Excellent info. I was thinking you work at a dealership!

Hope you're driving your RS3.0 now!
Nope, just have a honest salesperson (that I bug every few days) and have had plenty of time on my hands due to NOT driving my green box that I've spent on ScionLife.

Thanks, though!!!!

PS - Mine is scheduled to be in within the next week.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Just got mine yesterday #969. I love it.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Yes!!! I got it!!

I LOVE my 3.0. Picked it up on April Fools Day!! Thanks Bryan and Mark at Camelback Scion!!!
I think I was the most impatient customer they had. This car is SOOOO worth the wait! Mine is #1527
Thanks guys......
Hey Bryan, find your highlighters??
Old 04-06-2006, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and loving it
Old 04-06-2006, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, everyone! PLease be sure to stop by the What # is your RS 3.0? thread and report your number. We're trying to get a list worked up of the RS 3.0 numbers represented on ScionLife.

Thanks!!![/url]
Old 04-07-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got mine on e-bay. Got tired of being told by local dealerships that it would be "in any day now". After weeks of hearing this I decided to look on e-bay and bought one from a dealership in Johnstown, PA. Had to drive 230 miles to pick it up but it was worth it. Mine is #394 and I paid $18,701 but it came with lots of extras. It's an automatic, came with fog lights, green led lights, rear bumper protector, silver sport pedals, door sill enhancements, and floor and cargo mats. I had cruise control installed for $450 by the dealership. Just got it 4/3/06 so still trying to master the controls on the radio to operate the iPod. Love the green color, it looks even better in person. It's a real head turner. Stopped at a roadside rest area and had a guy want to look inside. Stopped for gas and saw people talking and pointing.

Quick Reply: CALLING ALL ENVY GREEN OWNERS I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU