First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Carbon Fiber

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My Dream Carbon Fiber...

Originally Posted by WeeMan
Hopefully it is not to late to post what we would like to see in carbon fiber. Alot of my ideas are probably repeats from all the other posts, but it is what i would like to see...(apart from everything already in production)

1.) carbon fiber Halo headlights
2.) carbon fiber Altezza taillights
3.) those center grilles with the halo fog lights (tired of that ABS plastic crap)
4.) Wind Deflectors (those window channel things that are normally a black plastic)
5.) license plate hood
6.) carbon fiber wiper arms (think about it...that would be bad @$$!)
7.) yakima rack (might as well make it look nice on top of my box.) Poles and locking posts etc etc...
8.) carbon fiber Air Conditioning Vents
9.) Headlight / Windshield Wiper / etc control arms (replaced with a carbon fiber tube, sure it isn't much but those little details are what the judges look for at the shows...)

That is on top of all the other stuff that they already make for the xb (hoods, lip kit, hatch, dash, rear bumper overlay, door panels) all that good stuff. hopefully some of this stuff can be put into production (or is even feasible) Bring It!

OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOO ScionxB06 is sure not gonna like this!!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey 2005!

We carbon fiber junkies need to stick together. safety in numbers i always say.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree!

So did you check out the CF wheels?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no. i haven't seen them applied to the xB i have seen the formula ones with the CF wheels. do you know a website where they are at or do i have to Gooooooogle them?

Not sure if i would go that far for CF, but i think the look is very cool. I perfer the classic, SHINY CHROME, wheels.

have you checked out: http://www.perfectlyround.com

click the tuner wheels, and then the Scorp Chrome wheels. I LOVE THESE RIMS.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check this out

http://www.ram.mc/wheels/BST/gallery/serial_number.jpg

http://www.headhunterinc.com/carbon_fiber.htm
Old 09-07-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok. You guys can get off it. I simply stated an opinion and you all are going to run it into the ground. Correct me if im wrong, but i'm sure you guys have all made some sort of disagreeing comment about somthing on one of the hundreds of posts on here. Why dont you understand thats what i did, and let it go. It's just like the war, you either agree or disagree, you either like Bush or hate him. Get over it, its an opinion, my opinion. If you want to see some worthwhile carbon fiber in use, i'll try to post some pics of my full suspension mtn bike, with the ENTIRE swing arm made of CARBON FIBER. Ohhh, NOOO! SCIONXB06 has carbon fiber!!! Ohh yeah, my helmet is CARBON FIBER. My ball bat is CARBON FIBER. I have CARBON FIBER ALL OVER MY BIKE!! This is what i'm talking about, CF with an actual use. IN MY OPINION, which i'm pretty sure i'm still entitled to have under the Constitution, thats what carbon fiber is for. Yeah, i'll admit, carbon fiber looks cool, WHEN IT LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS, not when you have a dash, made of black plastic, and a random piece of colored carbon randomly placed like a zit on some kids face. It it flows and doesn't stand out like a sore thumb, its cool with me. I dont care where or how you use it, I just thought that taste had somthing to do with the placement, and from most of what i've seen with these 150 piece kits, it just looks out of place. A CF center dash looks good to me, i like that, but not when everything around it has "pieces" of carbon fiber around it and it just looks out of place. THIS IS MY OPINION!! I'm sorry if i'm offending you by having it, but at least respect it.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

We got your feelings the first time, just let it go...
Old 09-07-2005, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did, i was respectfully asking that everyone else do the same...
Old 09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionxB06
Ok. You guys can get off it. I simply stated an opinion and you all are going to run it into the ground. Correct me if im wrong, but i'm sure you guys have all made some sort of disagreeing comment about somthing on one of the hundreds of posts on here. Why dont you understand thats what i did, and let it go. It's just like the war, you either agree or disagree, you either like Bush or hate him. Get over it, its an opinion, my opinion. If you want to see some worthwhile carbon fiber in use, i'll try to post some pics of my full suspension mtn bike, with the ENTIRE swing arm made of CARBON FIBER. Ohhh, NOOO! SCIONXB06 has carbon fiber!!! Ohh yeah, my helmet is CARBON FIBER. My ball bat is CARBON FIBER. I have CARBON FIBER ALL OVER MY BIKE!! This is what i'm talking about, CF with an actual use. IN MY OPINION, which i'm pretty sure i'm still entitled to have under the Constitution, thats what carbon fiber is for. Yeah, i'll admit, carbon fiber looks cool, WHEN IT LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS, not when you have a dash, made of black plastic, and a random piece of colored carbon randomly placed like a zit on some kids face. It it flows and doesn't stand out like a sore thumb, its cool with me. I dont care where or how you use it, I just thought that taste had somthing to do with the placement, and from most of what i've seen with these 150 piece kits, it just looks out of place. A CF center dash looks good to me, i like that, but not when everything around it has "pieces" of carbon fiber around it and it just looks out of place. THIS IS MY OPINION!! I'm sorry if i'm offending you by having it, but at least respect it.

Ok, you stated your opinion and so did we. What is your point, or was that it?

So what about the war?
Well yes, I do agree that we defeated Hitler and the German ****'s in WWII, if you want to disagree about that we can.

And about Bush, yes I do like his baked beans. I think the maple or barbecue are my favorite.

ScionxB06 my entire swing arm is also made of carbon fiber, if YOU wanna see I’ll send you some pics (hehe) but you have to promise not to show them to anyone else.

Anyway, why would you think you have offended me or anyone else by having an opinion? I am not offended are you?
Besides, even if I (or anyone else) do not agree with your opinion, why should anyone have to respect it?
I do not have to respect your opinion.

Let me know if you wanna see my “swing arm” (I thought I as the only one who called it that).
Old 09-08-2005, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Enough is enough already, children. Please don't take this squabble to other threads...