Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Champion Gulf Fwy Toyota is really bad.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default Champion Gulf Fwy Toyota is really bad.

On the subject of Dealership and Customer Service, My Driver's side door lock is on the fritz! Went to my neighborhood Scion Dealer, so they could tell me they are not fixing that either. I have a Remote Start Alarm. They said the alarm installer, screwed up the actuator. The alarm has been in the car for almost 8 months, and just started doing this a couple of weeks ago. IM STILL UNDER WARRANTY! The lock pops back up after arming, and the only way to lock the driver's door is to go to the passenger side, and lock all of the doors there. Then it stays locked until i disarm and it pops up no prob. Anyone have this problem? Please Advise.....
Old 12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your dealership is screwing you over. if your under warranty they should be fixing these things. just go in confident that your right.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if they are refusing to fix it just let BBB(Better Business Bureau) handle it. and i believe some one also had this problem recently, https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=205057
Old 12-31-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think it has anything to do with the car i think it is the alarm system, therefor scion isnt going to be able to do anything for you.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bugtoxb
i dont think it has anything to do with the car i think it is the alarm system, therefor scion isnt going to be able to do anything for you.

yup. who ever installed it should fix it.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

who ever installed it is resposible thats what i would say.
you cant make the dealership resposible for a mod you had done some were elts.

now if its truly a problem with the car and nothing to do with the alarm then yah the dealer should take care of it.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Exactly, unless the installer of the alarm was hired by the dealer, the dealer is under no obligation to fix what they messed up. Good luck and hope it all works out for ya.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Now Allen Scion is really bad...They refused to install a spoiler that i bought from Newscionparts.com (carson toyota) because they said it was counterfit and that carson toyota is not an actual dealership...

there are crappy dealerships all over but it seems like the problem you are having with them is justified for them not to touch it under warranty...
Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^ haha wow. a counterfeit spoiler. you shoulda slapped them with a parts book!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
^ haha wow. a counterfeit spoiler. you shoulda slapped them with a parts book!
i wanted to slap them with more than a parts book believe me...but yeah i got the toyota japan OEM spoiler from them, it came in the Genuine Toyota Parts sealed box and everything...

they said since the instructions were in japanese and the template was 2 pieces for each side and not "one long piece" that it was counterfit...i had it out with the parts manager, the GM and the owner and got nowhere so i told them that i would rather drive the hour to Slidel's dealership than the 15 mins to them...

I even went to TRDSPARKS.com and printed out the instructions in English that shows 2 mounting templates but they still stick to their counterfit story...

i know im beating the dead horse now but the comment that won them the "heres your sign" award was when i put my skunk2 springs on the box and took it to get an alignment, after waiting in the waiting room for over 4 hours i went out and asked what was taking so long...

their reply was "we cant touch your car because you have aftermarket parts on it...They said that since i did not have TRD springs and since i did not have TOYOTA rims on my box that they couldnt touch it...Isn't that what SCION is all about...Customization???if so why do these dealerships give us so much crap for using non TRD parts...

I dont know how custom we can be when we are all rocking the same parts...Ok i am done venting haha...am i the only one thats having such a hard time with the stealerships
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is possible that they gave you that story because they did not want to put it on cause u did not buy it from them! And thats all the person could come up with
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my local scion dealer has never given me any problems.
i took it to them with tein springs, sportmax rims, monroe shoks/struts, ect, ect. all they ever said was "wow man, nice car"
Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by bugtoxb
it is possible that they gave you that story because they did not want to put it on cause u did not buy it from them! And thats all the person could come up with
thats the only thing i can think...plus noone at that dealership likes me anymore because i dont just sit around and let them walk all over me...haha
Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

im scared to take my car to the dealer because my car is lowered and all my lugs need a key and if they scratch my rims, all hell will break loose!!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's my dealership story-I bought my Scion used so I am unaware of any work that has been done but the parts were all stock.

My stereo has 2 problems-1) the aux plug in works intermitently and 2) when it's cold the stations default to 96.7 by itself and then I just hit the preset and it jumps back and usually stays.

I took it to the dealer (also a toyota dealership), they had me sign the waiver and then it took forever. I kept wandering back there and finallt the service guy brought me over and we talked to the mechanic.

His ipod worked fine through the aux (once they plugged the cable back in) so they couldn't do anything else with that-then they told me the foam strip was missing from the top of the stereo meaning someone was in there before. So they say they cannot warranty the stereo-no way.

They tried to charge me $95 for the labor because they had to take the stereo out only to find out that it was a warranty deal-I pointed out that the waiver I signed said there was $0 cost so I stood on that. They said I was right and I left without paying anything but I kinda have a bad taste in my mouth over that dealership now.

I also told them about the buzz under the dash on the drivers side but said they couldn't get it to make it so they couldn't fix it.

So I am going to get a Pioneer installed at circuit city next month....
Old 01-03-2008, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't remember seeing any foam on top of my stock radio when i took it out.
but mine is 06.5 so it might be on yours
Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

People that take their cars to the dealer are way braver than I. I've heard way too many horror stories for mine to ever be trusted in the hands of a dealerships service department.
I'd be right there with the car every step of the visit. God forbid that I ever need any warranty work. They would absolutely hate having me there looking over their shoulders.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i was the mechanic and u were standing there i would refuse to work on ur car till u went in the waiting room, they are more likly to make a mistake if u are there looking over their sholder!
Old 01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't take my car anywere.
i took it to the dealer for 2 of the free oil changes and that was it.
the horror stories are from more then just dealerships.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Champion Gulf Fwy Toyota is really bad.

Originally Posted by xbsilvee
On the subject of Dealership and Customer Service, My Driver's side door lock is on the fritz! Went to my neighborhood Scion Dealer, so they could tell me they are not fixing that either. I have a Remote Start Alarm. They said the alarm installer, screwed up the actuator. The alarm has been in the car for almost 8 months, and just started doing this a couple of weeks ago. IM STILL UNDER WARRANTY! The lock pops back up after arming, and the only way to lock the driver's door is to go to the passenger side, and lock all of the doors there. Then it stays locked until i disarm and it pops up no prob. Anyone have this problem? Please Advise.....

Why would they fix it? Most alarm installers at BigBox retailers have no clue what they are doing. Not saying you had your alarm installed at BB, but you know. The tech now has to dig through all the alarm hassle to diagnosis the problem. Take it back to wherever you got it installed ( I bet they give you way more run-around) or pay up!

Quick Reply: Champion Gulf Fwy Toyota is really bad.