Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Champion Gulf Fwy Toyota is really bad.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Champion Gulf Fwy Toyota is really bad.

Originally Posted by xbsilvee
On the subject of Dealership and Customer Service, My Driver's side door lock is on the fritz! Went to my neighborhood Scion Dealer, so they could tell me they are not fixing that either. I have a Remote Start Alarm. They said the alarm installer, screwed up the actuator. The alarm has been in the car for almost 8 months, and just started doing this a couple of weeks ago. IM STILL UNDER WARRANTY! The lock pops back up after arming, and the only way to lock the driver's door is to go to the passenger side, and lock all of the doors there. Then it stays locked until i disarm and it pops up no prob. Anyone have this problem? Please Advise.....
I dont know why the aftermarket alarm you have installed would cause the problem you talked about. I beleave the alarm sends a signal pulse to the acuator. if the dealer is correct in the car has a bad acuator then that should be covered under your scion warranty. the only way the dealer could say its not there responsabilty is if they can prove that the alarm pulse caused the faulure in the acuator. Correct me if im wrong but they tap into the factory wiring and no acuators are touched. Are'nt the acuators located in the doors? Installers dont remove door panels to install alarms, do they??
Old 01-06-2008, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^^that is correct...but you know how stealerships are...if they can find a way to get out of it or charge you something then they will and thats what they did...
Old 01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok here is my view on the whole dealership thing. No one is willing to pay the price for good mechanics so dealerships have to hire ok mechanics cuase they cant afford to hire the good ones. yet you whine and cry cause they dont do a good job! So the consumer is what is hurting everything because they arent willing to pay for what they really want. Think about this, that little bit of money has to pay how many people! A dealership can't survive on just vehicle sales, they make their money on sales. So unless you stop whining and complaining about this and that maybe you should support the dealerships. a dealership has an overhead aka floor plan, my dad was a yamaha dealer his floor plan of just atv's, snowmobiles, motorcycles, and generators was 1.5 million he had to pay a certian percentage of that a month. basically its like paying a 1.5 million dollar loan. so think about that we werent a big dealership either, these car dealers floor plan has to be astronomical! the reason the person in his little shop is cheaper is becuase he does not have the floor plan, however by the time u are done he might not be cheaper. becuase he is going to have to go through the dealer most likly to get you the parts. so yes his hourly rate may be cheaper but the final price wont be cheaper, not to mention the quailty of the work is prob gonna be better cause the scion techs were trained by scion and certified! sorry to get off topic but people like you are the reason the world is run by walmart and gas stations and the internet! the alarm system was not put in my the dealership of scion it is not their problem period end of story!!!!! I dont mean to insult anyone, i am just sick of people who put the blame on the wrong people!!!