First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Craigslist ad.....looking for 2nd 1st gen xB

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Craigslist ad.....looking for 2nd 1st gen xB

2004 Scion XB Clean $ OBO HAVE TO SELL FAST

Looking for another Box. Came across this one posted on craigslist. Seems like a good deal.

However.....

Earlier today, a friend came to me asking if I could replace the radiator in her Lexus. She pulled up to my house in a black first gen xB (which she borrowed from her neighbor). I go to her house and fix her car. I see the owner of the xB and ask if they would be interested in selling it sometime in the near future. And if so, I would be interested in buying it.

The neighbor informs me that he would be willing to sell it as-is for $1,800 because "it has a thousand dollar sound system in it". I ask the neighbor what he would sell the xB for without the sound system. He says $800. What the heck......

Looks like I'll be working overtime for the next month in order to buy that Box.

It has 247,000 miles on it. Worn out tires and looks like it was painted with spray paint cans. Seats aren't ripped, but they Do look dirty as hell. The good things are that it has a manual transmission, 18 inch wheels, tinted windows, rear spoiler, fog lights, adjustable coilover shocks, cruise control and a few other factory options that my current xB does not have. A/C doesn't work and the brake rotors seem a bit wavy.....but I still think it will be a good deal.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why not a tC? I'll give you the greatest deal on my fully built, "ptuning everything" tC!