First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Custom graphics / vinyl wrapping

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Custom graphics / vinyl wrapping

Hey all. Looking to get mt hood wrapped as well as my front end down about half the doors in a Godzilla design. Anyone know where to even begin to look for something like this? I have no clue, dont want to paint cause I want to be able to go back to stock later.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 PM
SL Member

Default Re: Custom graphics / vinyl wrapping

Originally Posted by oni424
Hey all. Looking to get mt hood wrapped as well as my front end down about half the doors in a Godzilla design. Anyone know where to even begin to look for something like this? I have no clue, dont want to paint cause I want to be able to go back to stock later.
The real hard part is trying to find a high resolution image of Godzilla. It's going to have be a super huge crisp picture so it looks on the car.

Here's what you can do:

-If you can't draw you should stop by a Tattoo shop and commission a drawing of what you want for your box. They'll know what looks best because you're basically tattooing your car. Tell them that you'll advertise for them and they might cut you a deal.

It could get expensive. I charge about $50 - $100 an hour for artwork.

The drawing should be dark bold lines so the vinyl shop can render it in Illustrator and blow it up to any size. You can have shading but it's better if it's done in Illustrator rather than by hand. All coloring should be done in the program to give it a clean pixel free look.

-You could also try and find huge images of godzilla on the net and collage them together so you don't lose resolution and have blurry pictures. I don't think it would be as cool though.

-Find a Vinyl car wrap place near you and ask for a template. Usually they'll want a deposit before you get it. I've got the side template if you need but not the hood. Fit your design on the template in Illustrator yourself to save money and give it to them and they'll print it out on a sublimation printer, cut it out, and install it.

It should run around $600-$900 depending where you go and how much you want done.

If you have any questions let me know! Check out my box. I did the exact same thing as I mentioned above but I drew the design myself. Mine cost $1200 for sides and back.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know of www.stickerdudedesigns.com they do some pretty cool stuff out here. A lot of xb's for b96. They did a fleet of elements for a chicago pizza co. check this one http://www.stickerdudedesigns.com/pi...ck_SDScion.jpg