Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Double Stroller in an xB?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member

Default Double Stroller in an xB?

We can easily fit a single stroller in the back with plenty of room left over, but cannot find a double stroller that fits there.

We currently have a Graco CitiLite that folds flat in the rear cargo area.

Anyone found a double stroller that fits in the rear cargo area of their xB?
Old 04-23-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a double stroller in the back made by Graco. Tight fit, but I put it on its side and it fits no problem. Can't fit much else though.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my graco euro system hardly fits
Old 04-23-2005, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have an Evenflo double stroller and it fits great. I have extra room too. You can get one at wal-mart for like $80. It is really easy to use too. Can fit an infant seat and a toddler and then 2 toddlers when the infant gets older.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member

I have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=glance&s=toys
Old 04-24-2005, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet rims...
Old 04-25-2005, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The side by sides are nice but they are ver hard to manuever in stores. Too wide for the aisles. I have this one which is a piggy back style and it is the one that fits great in the xb. here is the link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2476210
Old 04-25-2005, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dear god $90 for a stroller. Im gonna carry each of my kids under my arm. Better yet Im gonna hand em over to mom. I could get me some nice headlights for that.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheIcon
Dear god $90 for a stroller. Im gonna carry each of my kids under my arm. Better yet Im gonna hand em over to mom. I could get me some nice headlights for that.
That's why much hasn't been added to my car for awhile> These kids are expensive, especially since I have 2 girls. I'll always be poor now!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

lol - I know the feeling. I have a 5 mos. old and a 20 mos. old. And everything necessary is pricey. Even the formula alone is killing me. I am glad I had them close together though b/c then I didn't have to buy nearly as much stuff for the new baby. I already had it all.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We've got a 6 week-old girl and a 3 year-old boy. He's a trememndous help around the house now, helping us clean and keep his baby sister fed and changed. We're enjoying it while it lasts, because they won't always be this nice to each other!

I plan on putting their 2 seats on the "60" section of the back seat and constantly leaving the "40" section folded down. After adding strollers and miscellaneous stuff to the cargo area, there won't be much room left except on the "40" section!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fetthunter
We've got a 6 week-old girl and a 3 year-old boy. He's a trememndous help around the house now, helping us clean and keep his baby sister fed and changed. We're enjoying it while it lasts, because they won't always be this nice to each other!

I plan on putting their 2 seats on the "60" section of the back seat and constantly leaving the "40" section folded down. After adding strollers and miscellaneous stuff to the cargo area, there won't be much room left except on the "40" section!
Hopefully it will fit. I have to use each spot. However, some people take a double take when they look in the back, it looks like I got a couple of racing seats in the back
Old 04-26-2005, 11:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BMarle
Originally Posted by Fetthunter

Hopefully it will fit. I have to use each spot. However, some people take a double take when they look in the back, it looks like I got a couple of racing seats in the back
The "60" portion of the seat has 2 LATCH anchors, and the "40" portion has 1 LATCH anchor, so in theory it's designed to accomodate 3 car seats total.

Yeah, our son's car seat is a black leather Eddie Bauer seat with a 5-point harness. We got it beause it's leather and looks at home in my modded TBird, not to mention being well-built and easy to clean.

Our girl will need one in a year when she's able to ride in that type of seat.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the replies. We have a 2 year old and another due in 5 months, so we're looking for the right double stroller in case the 2 yr old get's tired of walking.

So far, the MacLaren Rally Twin looks like the best for what we need. New they're about $250, but we found a couple used for half that. I'll post some pics when it's "installed".
Old 04-26-2005, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by scionchic
lol - I know the feeling. I have a 5 mos. old and a 20 mos. old. And everything necessary is pricey. Even the formula alone is killing me. I am glad I had them close together though b/c then I didn't have to buy nearly as much stuff for the new baby. I already had it all.
You're just spitting them out aren't you? Oh and have you tried appling for WIC? They cover alot of food until your kids are 5 years old!