First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Drive an xB naked

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Drive an xB naked

There was a seller on eBay some time ago that had stickers that said "Life's short. Drive an xB naked" with a caricature on it. They aren't on eBay that I can find and I need that sticker.

Has anyone else seen this and know where I can get one?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

create the design in photoshop or even paint, and take a jpeg or pdf to your local sign shop or anywhere that can print vinyl stickers.... car shops, the mall, etc.. it's mostly text and should be very easy to create. if you can't make it, pm me and i'll create the art for you
Old 03-23-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Just keep checking Ebay. They're on there ALL the time. (Uh, just not at the moment...)
Old 03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<<<<<<<<<<go to photobucket.com search xB. print the picture and take it to your local sign shop...or right click on my avatar and save the pic
Old 03-23-2007, 07:50 PM
SL Member

Try importequipment.com

That is the site where I got my "toaster" stickers
Old 03-23-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't normally object to matters of personal expression, but I have to warn you all: I hate those stickers SO VERY MUCH, that if I ever come up behind another xB with one in the window, I'm hitting the gas instead of the brake. I need a new front bumper anyway.

if you're going THAT route, you may as well just complete the "cliche suburbanite" look, and get a magnetic ribbon around Calvin peeing on a Jesus fish. ;)
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZOMGXB
I don't normally object to matters of personal expression, but I have to warn you all: I hate those stickers SO VERY MUCH, that if I ever come up behind another xB with one in the window, I'm hitting the gas instead of the brake. I need a new front bumper anyway.

if you're going THAT route, you may as well just complete the "cliche suburbanite" look, and get a magnetic ribbon around Calvin peeing on a Jesus fish. ;)
Hey everyone, check out Mr. Positive.!!! and im sure that everyone loves everything about your car. Why cant people just answer the damn questions and help instead of being a$$h@le$ about it............?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what works for some doesn't work for all... thats why there are not 1000's of xb's out there that are identical.. it's all about personal taste... granted i hate stickers of all types, but i wouldn't openly admit to wanting to crash my car into someone who decided to put some lame sticker on theirs... i figure it makes my car look better next to theirs, but hey... to each his own right?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea no kiddin damn!! wtf is all that about makes me wanna rant about people that need alarm clocks to get up in the morning b4 someone pee's in there cheerio's. and i suppose you wouldnt like my decals that say" please dont finger my box "too huh??
Old 03-24-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmao piston return spring
Old 03-24-2007, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cmon you guys, its the usa!!! when it comes to "speech" "let them say what they will"...words only hurt if you let them.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea but to ram someone in the ^$$ for a decal they have??? cmon an opinion is one thing but to say hes going to outright thrash someones ride because of a decal. sad very sad
Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by J1slim
<<<<<<<<<<go to photobucket.com search xB. print the picture and take it to your local sign shop...or right click on my avatar and save the pic
That's the one! Now if I can A) find it, or B) find the time to shop shop.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IH8ONYU
create the design in photoshop or even paint, and take a jpeg or pdf to your local sign shop or anywhere that can print vinyl stickers.... car shops, the mall, etc.. it's mostly text and should be very easy to create. if you can't make it, pm me and i'll create the art for you
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoxOffice
Just keep checking Ebay. They're on there ALL the time. (Uh, just not at the moment...)
So I've found. LOL
Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZOMGXB

Well, I don't do any mythology, so if I had the fish it would be the Darwin one. But thanks for the warning. At least I'll know who it is that hits the gas.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="Hey everyone, check out Mr. Positive.!!! and im sure that everyone loves everything about your car. Why cant people just answer the damn questions and help instead of being a$$h@le$ about it............?[/quote]

I took it as tongue-in-cheek. At least his didn't just shout "Search is your friend".
Old 03-24-2007, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope never seen that decal before or even heard about it till now!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, I was TOTALLY SERIOUS about causing thousands of dollars in property damage, to the property of a stranger, over a sticker. Internet, I have a friend I'd like you to meet. His name is Sense of Humor.

My point, which I tried to soften with a technique I like to call "humor" is, those stickers are as cookie-cutter as it comes. DRIVE A SATURN NAKED...DRIVE A CAVALIER NAKED...DRIVE A MINI NAKED...you guys haven't seen these things everywhere? They're the antithesis of individual expression. I see about three of these a day, on everything from Dodge Rams to minivans. I thought the point of these things was to be different.

I mean, whoever makes these is just so obviously deleting the name of the previous car and putting in the new one. Have you seen the one that says "DRIVE A XB NAKED"? That's not even grammatically correct, for God's sake...because it used to be Ford or GM. At least get something that's xB-specific.

I tried to be nicer than "OMG THOSE ARE EVERYWHERE WHY WOULD YOU WANT ONE?"... it would be nice if people would reciprocate and not freak out, especially when even the original poster realized it was a joke. And since someone had already offered to MAKE HIM ONE FOR FREE, j1Slim, I didn't really feel I had anything to add to the original question.

So, Mr. Radiate, good luck with your stickers, and if I see you...I promise I'll just wave.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is a higher res copy:

and here is who I think was the original seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/Pinned-Designs-Signs-Decals

Bill

Quick Reply: Drive an xB naked