Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Feature ride of the month TOTAL LOSS see pictures october!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 10:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Feature ride of the month TOTAL LOSS see pictures october!!!

Yes, someone that ran the red light going about 40 miles per hr hit my brother Mark. The XB was totaled! No one in the car was hurt. The Xb took the hit excellent. The Mazda MPV that hit him was totaled too. We were able to get him another XB Fast thanks to Oliver at Scion of Glendora.

His New XB has some new item on the back light looks good.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ouch!

I'm glad to hear that everyone is ok--I can't believe the dumbass drivers we have on earth sometimes...it's rediculous.

Is that amber portion a new thing they added to the xBs that are selling now, or was it added on?
Old 10-31-2003, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

was it hard dealing with the insurance companies?how were you able to get your new ride so fast?
Old 10-31-2003, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default lights

mine came with the amber portion...and i got mine about 4 months ago
Old 10-31-2003, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, sorry to hear that but at least it got taken care of fast and we can see how the xB really holds up.. I hadn't seen the amber light in the back yet, I don't think.. I'm sure some NorCal guy will correct me, but pretty sure..

I was just telling my mom this morning back in Houston that I have never seen so many people run red lights until I got out here. Then she said I had never been to the side of town where she works (she's director of an early childhood education facility for underprivileged kids) and people run lights like their optional... ugh, some people and how they drive regardless of where they are ____es me off, had someone try to pull out from a left turning lane w/o looking, almost took out my door... happened twice from the same lane w/ 2 different cars... grrr
Old 10-31-2003, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im glad everyones safe.. :D

as for the amber portion...

runs out to check- lol!
Old 10-31-2003, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fixA
...I was just telling my mom this morning back in Houston that I have never seen so many people run red lights until I got out here...
People on the west coast tend to stretch the yellows, while the people on the east coast tend to jump the green. Mix the two tendencies together and you get a recipe for disaster.

I think that everyone should be required to ride a motorcycle for a year before being allowed to drive a car. Those that survive would develop much better defensive driving habits.

George
Old 10-31-2003, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Sorry to hear about the accident, and we are glad to hear that everyone is ok.

Just out of curiousity, since your xB was totalled did it end up at a junk yard, or did they offer to let you buy it back?

I hope that the person that hit you can pull their head out of their butt next time they are on the road.

Vicki and Phil
Old 10-31-2003, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sucks when someone runs a red light because a lot of bad things could happen. good that he was able to get another one.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member

That really sucks. I'm so sorry, but at least it worked out somewhat. The only tragedy is that even though your brother did nothing wrong, his rates will probably go up anyway... I love how insurance companies reward the stupid and punish those not at fault...

-j5
Old 10-31-2003, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

The insurance 21st century was great they came out in 2 days. Decided that the car was totaled and is sending the finance company the check that was some negative. However, he had gap insurance. The Gap took care of the rest. Gap is a great item for those of you out there that do not know. They played out $4004. Yes, the insurance is selling it as is I believe they took it to the Hollywood action. Oliver at Scion of Glendora called the factory and told them about the accident and he got him a new XB in less than 2 Weeks. Thanks Oliver and Toyota Corporation.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

It is sad to think that there is a lonely xB sitting out in a junk yard somewhere, someone needs to go rescue it and then donate it's organs to those in need.

Well I am glad that everything worked out well, and that it was taken care of so fast. I hope that everything is good, and at least there was a bright side since your brother had gap insurance, way to plan ahead!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

glad to hear everone is ok!!!! looks like the xb did pretty good in the hit. so do u think he is the frist xb to be total in the us
Old 11-01-2003, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Yes I wonder if this is the 1st total loss XB?
Old 11-01-2003, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear about that. No one was hurt and gap insurance ate up the difference. and now you guys have a new one with 0 miles. =)
Old 11-01-2003, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude... I am so glad that you didnt' get hurt.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member

Default totaled???

First, I'm glad that everyone got out ok. But, this doesn't fare well for our xB's. I mean, that thing is brand new, so it's still worth like 12,000, right? I can't believe that amount of damage was enough to make it a total loss. I had a similar amount of damage on a 99 Civic in May, and it was still fixable even when the car was only worth 6000.

Scott
Old 11-01-2003, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotaisme
The insurance 21st century was great they came out in 2 days. Decided that the car was totaled and is sending the finance company the check that was some negative. However, he had gap insurance. The Gap took care of the rest. Gap is a great item for those of you out there that do not know. They played out $4004. Yes, the insurance is selling it as is I believe they took it to the Hollywood action. Oliver at Scion of Glendora called the factory and told them about the accident and he got him a new XB in less than 2 Weeks. Thanks Oliver and Toyota Corporation.
can you tell me what company he got gap insur. from?
Old 11-01-2003, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

He got Gap from Toyota Financial Services
Old 11-01-2003, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely glad to hear that no one was hurt. It's sad that the car had to be considered a total loss, but in all honesty, if you've got a new car into an accident, sometimes it's better to have it written off, because it's sorta not too cool to have to fix a new car; it's never "going to be the same again."

This is a good example of a case where GAP helped out! From what I've seen, GAP is worthwhile if you decide to put a sizable chunk of cash for down payment. If you get into an accident like this one, where you end up owing extra money, it's a much bigger financial burden if you had already put so much $$$ into the car upon purchase.

Quick Reply: Feature ride of the month TOTAL LOSS see pictures october!!!