Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

floormats on a new xB worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default floormats on a new xB worth it?

So very soon I will be going down to the dealership to put a nice fat downpayment on a new xB (have to sell the gas chhugging jeep first) . I was looking at all the options and I KNOW Im going to want roof racks for surfboards my questions are

If I get yakima racks through the dealer are they covered under any warranty at all from like scratches to the car or anything since it was dealer installed?

Are the dealer floormats any good like the tC floormats or are they just fabric, My girlfriend has a tC and her floor mats are actually pretty tough.

other than that Im getting the xB bone stock with automatic tranny.

thanks for any input.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought the floormats off of eBay for MUCH cheaper than the $120 the dealer wanted. I think I paid half of that. Anyway, I got them, they're nice, and they came in the factory plastic bag from SCION.

If I were you, I'd get 'em.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default Watch what you are buying.

While I purchased them from the dealer, I agree that there are much better prices on e-bay.

My suggestions:

Buy OEM. Unless you prefer the non-OEM mats for a specific reason, the OEM are nice. They have small holes that lock them in place. You can buy the hooks from the Scion parts department, and cut your own holes in non-OEM mats. Up to you if you want to do it.

Watch what you are buying. Most of the sets on ebay run about $60 (price plus shipping) and are 4 piece sets. The dealer OEM set is $120, but has the cargo mat as well, which I specifically wanted.

To answer your question - the OEM feel like nice mats, heavy duty carpet. I can't testify as to wear, since I've had my box less than a week. Given my 6 children, I'll be able to give them a fairly thorough 6 month wear test, though.

Kudos on your anticipated purchase. I'm lovin' my Salsa box.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member

to me $120 is a rip off

I went to Walmart (I know I hate that place to) and got a four piece set for under $30. They're the rubber type but still look good and cover the entire floor area nice.

As for the rear I haven't got it done yet but plan to get house carpet in black, cut it to fit, then have the wife sew nylon strap around the edges to give it a finished look. Did it for her car and it looks good and was only around $20. Very durable too.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you've just gotta have that Scion logotype on 'em, you might want to check out scionpartspeople or trdsparks. You'll miss the instant gratification factor, especially if you go for the cheap shipping, but you'll save more than a few bucks.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ totally agree. i had the first set and then ended up buying the good set from sparks for $45. i use the old set for everyday use and the good ones for shows.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Gargamel: So you are spending $50 to have cheap, non-matching mats that slide around when you could have gotten the Scion ones for that price? Does not make sense.

I like mine. Get them.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yes buy them , they're good.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DO NOT BUY THEM FROM DEALER!
But DO buy some. They are nice.
You can get them much cheaper online. I can post the link I got mine from if you want. And one or two others.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My genuine scion mats were part of the deal, whether I wanted 'em or not, so I took 'em. They're nice conventional carpet mats, but I would rather have spent the money on Weathertechs, arguably the best mats on the market...
Old 07-28-2006, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Max
Gargamel: So you are spending $50 to have cheap, non-matching mats that slide around when you could have gotten the Scion ones for that price? Does not make sense.

I like mine. Get them.
They may be cheap in price but work great. I live where it snows a lot and carpet mats are useless. The ones I got fit great and do not slide around at all.

I told the dealer straight up that either he takes the mats out and the price off the sticker or no deal. He tried that "no haggle" crap and then I made him install cruise for free on top of the deal

I get the most out of my money, not just let others tell me what I get! $120 for mats is dumb to me, like said above- it you like the carpet mats get them anywhere but the dealer and save $$
Old 07-28-2006, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

dud the stock mats work well , look good, and it's much easier to get a floor mat equipped car over one without it . theyre port installed on like 90% of vehicles
Old 07-28-2006, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by gargamel
Originally Posted by Max

I like mine. Get them.
They may be cheap in price but work great. I live where it snows a lot and carpet mats are useless. The ones I got fit great and do not slide around at all.

I told the dealer straight up that either he takes the mats out and the price off the sticker or no deal. He tried that "no haggle" crap and then I made him install cruise for free on top of the deal

I get the most out of my money, not just let others tell me what I get! $120 for mats is dumb to me, like said above- it you like the carpet mats get them anywhere but the dealer and save $$

you cant get the dealer to install cruise and remove mats. theyre breaking toyota corps rules for selling scions and they'd be losing massive money. and that "no haggle crap" you speak of is scion's number one rule. it's actually a great thing. i mean think of how great of a deal the xB is. a/c , abs , trac control , vsc , 30+mpg , unique...... worth much more than 14+ k

The dealers only make around 750 profit per xB sold.... the mats come in the car when a dealer receives them , and cruise may be cheap for a dealer but still kills them for that installed...... that dealer would have to hate money. and last time i cecked all dealers care about IS money
Old 07-28-2006, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have purchased several accessories on Ebay from Sullivan Toyota. Here are the mats:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCION...spagenameZWDVW

These folks ship fast and you avoid tax if you are out of their state. Good luck!!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI, Mine came w/o mats, and I got cruise for free.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

wow some dealers must want to lose their privledge of selling scions , AND hate making money. these car's sell themselves. if dealers are out selling them cheaper and killing their allready minuscule profit they're retarded.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I got mats in mine, but a I also ordered a spare set of floor mats front/rear online much cheaper

When winter comes around i'll probably pick up a set of weather mats, I wish ours were like the tC's all weather mats..
Old 07-28-2006, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some dealers sell the 4-piece set of floormats (option YV40) for $66. the fifth piece is nice but not worth an extra $54(option YV50). I got the floormats because I wanted them and wanted to get it over with. Last time I had a car that needed mats it took me 6 months to get around to it , and then the mats I bought didn't fit right.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

most cars have the five piece kit in them from port. is it worth waiting up to an extra month to save 54 bucks? not in my opinion.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
wow some dealers must want to lose their privledge of selling scions , AND hate making money. these car's sell themselves. if dealers are out selling them cheaper and killing their allready minuscule profit they're retarded.
The rule with "no haggle" is they can't come down in price. Nothing says they can't add to the deal. Plus your in Cali, that alone says you paid more That's why I moved from there. Just because you didn't get as good of a deal as others don't make it BS. xB's don't sell them selves up here at all, everyone wants a 4x4 for the winter months.

Quick Reply: floormats on a new xB worth it?