Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Front Strut Tie Bar From Hotchkis, and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Front Strut Tie Bar From Hotchkis, and other questions

Does anyone have their XA equipped with the Front Strut Tie Bar, and if so, are they happy with their purchase. I.E. is the added stability noticeable.?

I am just got my Tax Refund, and I figured I would spend about $800 on accessories for my XA. I was thinking of adding the keyless entry, and the Strut Tie Bar. I already the AEM COI,

But, I am also curious about the TRD springs/struts. I have no plans on lowering my car, and I have the Stock Tires, so would these options be a waste of $$ for me?

And everyone keeps saying how loud the TRD exhaust is with the automatic inside, so I guess I am not going be buying that. If I had a manny transmission, I probably would.

I confess, I don't know much about these options, but since I do have extra cash, and am Scion Accessory obsessed, I figured I'd ask.... :?

thanks,

jr
Old 01-26-2004, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

every strut bar i have added has had a big improvement. i would say to go for it. it is something that you will notice a big difference.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hotchkiss strut tie bar - I have one, but had it installed before I took delivery, so had nothing to compare it to.

TRD springs - I have them, but would not recommend them. The ride is like a buckboard drawn by a horse, lol. Look into coilovers.

TRD sport muffler - Got that, too, before I took delivery. I don't know why peeps say they are loud; I can barely hear mine. But engine noise has never bothered me, because I like to be able hear if something is going wrong. I know it isn't loud enough to cause a noise ticket. Doesn't add much to hp, and they say it lowers torque. Maybe better check into different brands before you purchase. Stylis, one of the guys on this board sells exhausts, as do other peeps here.

I would prolly look into wheels and tires if it was my $800
Old 01-26-2004, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

TRD sport muffler - Got that, too, before I took delivery. I don't know why peeps say they are loud; I can barely hear mine. But engine noise has never bothered me, because I like to be able hear if something is going wrong. I know it isn't loud enough to cause a noise ticket. Doesn't add much to hp, and they say it lowers torque. Maybe better check into different brands before you purchase. Stylis, one of the guys on this board sells exhausts, as do other peeps here.

Do you have an automatic or Manny Trans? I ask because a lot of people have said that at 2500 rpm, the TRD muffler really drones, and is irritating, with the auto. I have nothing to compare with though. That's why I'm a little apprehensive about buying it.

jr.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have an auto