Heated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default Heated seats?

Does anyone know whether you can have a modification done to your xB's front seats to make them heated? My dealer offerred a heated seats option but you had to get the leather seat package first.

My wife got a cold weather package for her Mini which included heated windshield wiper fluid and heated side mirrors in addition to the heated seats--all for $300. This would be a great package for those of us in colder climates. :D
Old 02-16-2004, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

i am going this route (but am including the cooling option as well). initially there was some concern that the heated seat element was not compatible because of the seat sensor on the passenger seat. there was a fear it would melt or malfunction -- and i was told not to do it.
however, a quick call to the guys at scion customer service yielded some good news. turns out the new solara also uses the same seat sensor, and the solara is available with heated seats so the sensor should be fine.
i am personally going with the carbon fiber element from seat comfort http://www.seatcomfort.com/ because the element is able to be modified/cut to fit the scion seats and you can get both cooling and heating in one package. from earlier accounts of the air con performance i thought it a worthy option to add.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Heated seats?

Originally Posted by Dylan
Does anyone know whether you can have a modification done to your xB's front seats to make them heated? My dealer offerred a heated seats option but you had to get the leather seat package first.

My wife got a cold weather package for her Mini which included heated windshield wiper fluid and heated side mirrors in addition to the heated seats--all for $300. This would be a great package for those of us in colder climates. :D
Just a question? Didn't your wife's Mini have leather in it? All the heated seats I have seen have leather on them, that is why I am asking.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Nope. She has cloth seats. The heated seats in her Mini work amazingly well. It takes less than 10 seconds to begin feeling the warmth. This is very nice in -10 degree weather, when it takes 10 minutes or so for the car to really warm up to a comfortable temperature.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member

I live in south Texas. We just park them in the sun! It's free, and all-natural, too!
Old 02-16-2004, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Originally Posted by Scionobsessed
I live in south Texas. We just park them in the sun! It's free, and all-natural, too!
Haha... I'll be thinking of you this summer when we have 80 degree weather and you're in the 100s. For a/c then, all I will have to do is open a window--free and all natural.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member

Touche!
Old 02-18-2004, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

We will be working on Avus' xB and we will post pictures of the install of the heatin element..once everything comes in..
Old 02-18-2004, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

I just found out from my dealer that they can have a heating element installed in a cloth-covered seat. He said, if there's anything you want done to your xB, just ask and we can probably get it done for you.