Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

HELP ON NEW XB??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member

Default HELP ON NEW XB??

I was at the dealership today. I want to buy a new XB. I love all the aftermarket parts available. I have a few questions. Should I buy the parts from a dealer. I am really picky. I think I am gonna have to have one specially made with all the stuff i like. or should I buy it stock and buy all the parts online. I noticed they are cheaper online. But what about instalation?? I have heard there is a new one coming out also. Should I just wait for that one to come out? Is it true it will be out in march? Im not sure if i can wait that long!! thanks for the advice.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member

Default ooops

A new XB that is. RS 2.0? Yellow?
Old 12-03-2004, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it has been confirmed that the RS2.0 will be yellow. Not sure of a date. I'd get one just because of the limited-edition nature of the vehicle.

As far as ordering stuff from the dealer vs. online, the dealer usually does have higher prices. However, for most things, the price is an installed price. I dont think this applies for some parts, like the intake. It all depends on how you wanna do it. You can find parts online and install them yourself or with some friends and save some money.

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Correction.. the dealer ALWAYS has higher prices.. sometimes 2 and 3 times the price of items that can be found online. You're better off buying a bone stock one and buying aftermarket parts.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The RS 2.0 will be available late March/early April.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: HELP ON NEW XB??

Originally Posted by djtroy
I was at the dealership today. I want to buy a new XB. I love all the aftermarket parts available. I have a few questions. Should I buy the parts from a dealer. I am really picky. I think I am gonna have to have one specially made with all the stuff i like. or should I buy it stock and buy all the parts online. I noticed they are cheaper online. But what about instalation?? I have heard there is a new one coming out also. Should I just wait for that one to come out? Is it true it will be out in march? Im not sure if i can wait that long!! thanks for the advice.
\
Just buy stock and do the installs yourself. Most everything is pretty cut and dry. If you need help with any installs go to the tech portion and you will find everything you need there. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member

You should but the car stock. Then get the opitions that you want. That way you still have the "stock" parts that you can put away for if you ever decide to sell that car. Not everyone will have the same "gotta have' options taste that you have. Or you can sell the stuff on e-bay and make some of your money back on the options.

Lets say...
The stock wheels might appeal to someone that doesn't want to pay high-dollar prices for new tires, for example.

Toyota offers like 4 different wheel options, all of which are overpriced. You can go online to tirerack or discount tire direct and get hundreds of options in wheels and tires...delivered to your door ready to be installed...
Old 12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: HELP ON NEW XB??

Originally Posted by VanillaRice
Originally Posted by djtroy
\
Just buy stock and do the installs yourself. Most everything is pretty cut and dry. If you need help with any installs go to the tech portion and you will find everything you need there. Good luck.
what he said!
Old 12-03-2004, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would wait. Get the special edition.
For parts get them your self. Everything except springs are really easy to do your self. Springs you need equipment.
Oh you might want to see if your dealer can start the order process. Good luck getting one.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the dealer for example sells the strut tower bar from hotchkiss under a toyota part number you can go direct to
hotchkiss and buy it from them and so on with other parts
what you wont find on the street is
the factory fog lights /steering wheel/trd items/factory wheels/xm tuner otherwise there are numerous aftermarket
equals just listen to your taste and your wallet and enjoy!!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unless the parts you want installed are prone to wear & tear or may break under hard use AND dealer warranties and will repair or replace all the parts he installs, it doesn't justified the inflated cost.
Save you money and go after-market.
Besides, it feels better to do the work yourself.
:D