Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

honda jazz vs xb

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member

Default honda jazz vs xb

i understand that honda will bring the jazz(in some countries called the fit) into the usa next year(2006). it is supposed to compete with the scion. does anyone know how these compare? i was thinking of getting an xb, but would like to know more about the jazz. i heard it was the best seller in japan for several years. any info would be appreciated.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member

looks nice but like every other honda, http://www.honda.co.uk/front.html
Old 01-21-2005, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a sucker for the minivan meets wagon body style, and that thing's got a pretty fresh front end.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no fair, they have the Civic Type R, 200hp and 140lbs or torque for 0-60 fun of 6.6seconds.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Jazz will compete mroe directly wiht the xA.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Reminds me of a Toyota Matrix.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TheIcon
Reminds me of a Toyota Matrix.
damn u taking the words right out of my fingers.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if you look at the pricing its all in pounds. . english money. and considering the british pound is 2 to 1 to the american dollar right now, the pricing looks to be very high. 16k for the base model and up near 25k for the higher end model. once again no one can come close to toyotas pricing. the element is like 28k loaded the same as my 16k xb. and ford or GMs new piece of crap is supposed to be like a 23k base price O_O do they think were all rich? ive put 7k in mods into my xB, (soundsystem, DVD player, xbox/ps2, wheels, interior neon, carbon fiber hood, JDM grill, intake/exaust, lowered, badges, etc. etc. etc.) and im JUST breaking the 23k mark. whats the point of buying a car and you have 0 money left to mod. and thats where toyota wins.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

............honda...........
Old 01-21-2005, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by kacosta
............honda...........
dont hold back tell us how you really feel...

it looks like the bastard offspring of an SI and a CRV... bad honda bad

~wC
Old 01-22-2005, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

That Honda is fugly
Old 01-22-2005, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by badtouch
if you look at the pricing its all in pounds. . english money. and considering the british pound is 2 to 1 to the american dollar right now, the pricing looks to be very high. 16k for the base model and up near 25k for the higher end model. once again no one can come close to toyotas pricing. the element is like 28k loaded the same as my 16k xb. and ford or GMs new piece of crap is supposed to be like a 23k base price O_O do they think were all rich? ive put 7k in mods into my xB, (soundsystem, DVD player, xbox/ps2, wheels, interior neon, carbon fiber hood, JDM grill, intake/exaust, lowered, badges, etc. etc. etc.) and im JUST breaking the 23k mark. whats the point of buying a car and you have 0 money left to mod. and thats where toyota wins.
AS you may know, not everyone is a poor college student, or poor in general. There are many things that the Element offers over the xB - each vehicle has their own strengths and weaknesses.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

once again another ugly honda
Old 01-22-2005, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: honda jazz vs xb

Originally Posted by burt
i understand that honda will bring the jazz(in some countries called the fit) into the usa next year(2006). it is supposed to compete with the scion. does anyone know how these compare? i was thinking of getting an xb, but would like to know more about the jazz. i heard it was the best seller in japan for several years. any info would be appreciated.
not saying the element is a bad car thats what i was looking at before i came across the xB. but as he was saying, honda, as with many other companies are starting to make more boxy/small econo cars to compete with toyota. or just importing designs that have been in japan for years and are starting to do really well on the american market now. yes they all have pros and cons, but what i was stating was that no one can seem to come close in terms of pricing. it all depends on what your looking for
Old 01-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

Does it have a remote control? and which does it run on, D or C cell? But in all honesty, aren't we doing exactly what we hate people doing to us? judging our cars without considering? It is a "cool" car, for those few special "cool" people out there
Old 01-25-2005, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
IV ACE

I don't care, Mugen has a Honda Fit called the Fit Dynamite with a Integra Type-R Motor (K20A 260 HP), so Scions beat already, and the car aint out yet!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinking a Chevy Avieo clone..... why would anyone buy an avieo... is a damn daewooo.... I won't buy a daewoo TV... but thats another tangent I won't get off on.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

My friend has an avieo, bought the exact same day as my xB, and it is already breaking down! hahahahah dang daewoo hahahahahahah
Old 03-18-2005, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I think that tuning these things (Scion or Honda) is really stupid. . . it costs far too much money to make it even remotely quick. There are many other options that yield higher performance, for less money, and without pushing the engine to extremities. If the goal is to compete in some sort of class restriction, then go for it, but all these cars are good for is show. Autocross, drag, track, there are far better cars in every class of autosports than econo cars, laborously reworked to perform. Even a Celica/RSX type class makes more sense than a tuned Civic/Fit/Jazz/xB/xA. Sure, you can make them fun. . . but making an econo car fast is an oxymoron, IMO (and it really is just an opinion). It's not worth it to buy a cheap car, and spend lots of money to make it fast, when you could buy a fast car off the bat, for less money out the door.
I think Scion got the formula just right. . . it's about personalization, style, and show, not speed. I mean, the "rice" craze, as much as we all hate rice, is exactly that. Makin the cars an expression of ourselves (and many people express how ugly they are (outside and in) with awful modding).
If I really wanted to make an econocar quick, then Honda would definitely be the winner. But if I wanted an econocar, I'd go Toyota. If I wanted an econocar with some expression and individualism, I'd go Scion.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

honda is bringing it here just as scion discontinues the xB....
thats just funny...

Quick Reply: honda jazz vs xb