Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

How long did you have to wait for your xb?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default How long did you have to wait for your xb?

I am waiting for my xb and they told me it would take 7 to 10 days. Right now they are saying December 2nd. I can hardly wait!!!~ I am just wondering if you had to wait and how long? and if it was there when they said it was going to be? As if I have to wait longer than Dec 2nd I am gonna be mad!LOL~
Old 11-24-2003, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i jus hope you didnt pick the dealer i chose althought i am from san anontio, tx they kept BSing well it seemed that way to me. my dad had called and whatever in Oct at the beginning i believe it was the 3 and they said they could get the car fast and whatever so we overnighter the check after i told them what i wanted. well after a few days we called to see what was up to keep in contact and they said they hadnt recieved the check 7 days after we sent it they finally found it. then they said it would take 2 to 3 days to get the car to the dealer and then 8 to 10 working days for the car to make it to San Antonio so they said it would be here by a certain date which i dont remember but when that day came around... no scion so we called again then they came up with it was going to take 8 dayd for the scion to come in to the dealer arghh so now its Nov 8th i believe and finally my scion arrives and im smiling from ear to ear :D but then i still cant drive it cause i need the title to get the plates out and the dealer didnt even apply for it til after we called them and asked for it when they could have did it the same day they ordered the car but yeah it was a month of hell and anticipation which paid off in the end because when i drive i still have that smile on my face i hope you dont have to go thru what i did
Old 11-24-2003, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ordered mine from Dublin Toyota, took 13 days.. they said 7-14 so it worked out. GOOD LUCK with yours
Old 11-24-2003, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I had to wait a week for mine...lol...it was the toughest week of my life...the waiting is definately the hardest part...congrats on your purchase
Old 11-24-2003, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i guess i was pretty lucky... one week after my civic died, i had my new baby! the day my civic gave out, i went to longo and only then realized how affordable the scion was.. i was ready to bring it home that very day but they didnt have a black one. they said the only way i'd be able to get one was to order it and even then, the next shipment wasnt due for about 4-5 wks. i decided just to check back later. 7 days after, i called in and they had 2 black xbs so i rolled in and picked it up. and we lived happily ever after :D
Old 11-24-2003, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I belive it went like this...Aug 2 met my friend cause he bought one..put down my deposit on one..Aug 9th went in and found my Love...so really not that long
Old 11-24-2003, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i couldve had an xb the day i went to the dealer but i am picky.

i waited close to 2 months for my xb (black manual).

i couldve done without the wait, but im happy with my xb :D
Old 11-24-2003, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 days, but i have had mine since june.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i had to wait about an hour or so while the finance guy wrote the contract! they had 10 xB's on the lot and the second one i drove i bought!

i got there at 10a.m. and left at noon in my Polar xB!

and glad i did, am i!
Old 11-25-2003, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks everyone........My dealer said 7 to 10 working days and said no later than December 3rd.~~ So I am hoping they keep there word. If they do not I am headed to the city to find a dealer that has my car!LOL~ I did not put a deposit down or sign anything so I can just look elsewhere if they make me wait past the time they said it would be there. I have a week left to wait!!! The waiting is so hard!~ There are not to many xb's around where I live so I got a glimpse of a Camo one the other day and he was probably laughing at me for stairing so hard!LOL~ I want my Box now!!!~ :0)~ Tiffany~
Old 11-25-2003, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What city you in?
Old 11-25-2003, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Its a very small town!!LOL~ called Nice.~~ In Lake County. Its 3 hours North of San Fran. SO if I have to I will go to San Fran and hunt down my Scion. But I am hoping my dealer will pull thru for me.~~:0)~ Tiffany
Old 11-25-2003, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In SF ... check out SF Scion on Van Ness... Edwin and Steven can hook you up. Let them know Thomas from scionmag.com sent you over... They have a large selection...

Thomas
Old 11-25-2003, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only waiting i had to do was to wait for them to wash it
Old 11-25-2003, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionracerxb
the only waiting i had to do was to wait for them to wash it
Same here. I did have to go through a few dealers to find one who wouldn't play games, though.

It seems as though xBs are in somewhat shorter supply these days. Our local dealer is only displaying a "showroom queen", silver with a flame paint job.

George
Old 11-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

The TCM 5 speed was in high demand when I finally got around to getting it. I called Satish at Dublin Toyota and he told me up to a 3 week wait, so I said OK. He called me 3 days later to come pick up my car. I went the next day, check in hand, filled out the paperwork, and off I went.

squirrel
Old 11-29-2003, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member

I put my deposit down on my xB from Dublin Toyota on Nov. 23 and they said it would come on the 26th. I was so excited and I called to go get it on Wed, but they said it wouldn't come until Dec. 2. It made me sad!!!! I have to wait almost a week. I want my box now!!!
Old 11-29-2003, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Mine is supposed to be there Dec 2nd too and I sure hope it is because if I have to wait any longer I do not think I could stand it.~~~
Old 11-29-2003, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member

Got a call from my scion dealer yesterday. My Xb should be here by Dec.1 or 2nd. Can't wait. I put my deposit down in Nov. 22nd :D
Old 11-30-2003, 05:47 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by crazyxbgurl
I put my deposit down on my xB from Dublin Toyota on Nov. 23 and they said it would come on the 26th. I was so excited and I called to go get it on Wed, but they said it wouldn't come until Dec. 2. It made me sad!!!! I have to wait almost a week. I want my box now!!!
hey crazyxbgurl,

did you see satish or prim when you bought your xB?

I've dealt w/ them for the past 12 years. Good peeps! And I know the guys in the parts dept since they used to work at Center Auto Parts in Oakland!

squirrel

Quick Reply: How long did you have to wait for your xb?