Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! MY XB IS FINALLY HERE!!! Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! MY XB IS FINALLY HERE!!! Pics!

It's finally freaking here! I got my xB on Jan 9th - I had ordered it on November 11th of 2005!!! That's almost 2 months to the day! They're not kidding when they say the wait is about 3 to 8 weeks!

I bought the xB with NO options and payed $16,695 (which includes about $1,250 in nyc taxes) and I paid it in cash. I put down a $2,000 down payment on November 11th and paid the rest, $14,695, on the day of delivery with a bank certified check.

The dealer was really happy that I paid in cash because I had to only sign about 6 or 7 papers... He said that he had a guy that financed the car and the guy became furious because he signed about 19 papers!!!!!!

anyway, here she is...

I have posted pics of it here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tudorc...=/c7fa&.src=ph

Mods so far:
- Colgan full-face bra w/carbon fiber finish
- xB arm rest (Thank you, irontoad.com)
- cargo cover (Thank you, irontoad.com)

I still have the floor mats and rear bumper applique to put on...

The car was delivered with 1 mile on it and it's up to about 50 miles now. The bumps here in nyc are not as bad in the xB as I thought they would be - I just gotta slow down/avoid the big ones and I will still have my front end ;] lol....

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone on this site that has kept me sane during my 2 month wait. Like everyone says, the wait is really well worth it.

The only regret I have is not checking out more scion dealerships before throwing down my money and ordering one... This would have saved on the wait... This is one of the biggest things that I think a new buyer should be aware of...

Other than that, I'm a happy camper. I plan on making a laptop mount so I can use a laptop to listen to music (through the cars aux port) and to use it as a entertainment + navigation system. I just bought Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006 with the USB GPS device and the software is awesome! If I get a nice mount for it, i'm sure it'll be a blast to use once it's in the car!!!

If anyone has any questions, let me know. Once again, I sincerely thank the folks on scionlife!!! Now I can let my Hummer h2 sit and rott like it's already doing (literally)... lol!
- sh00k
Old 01-11-2006, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

congrats!
the full-face bra will come in handy in NYC.
the paint chips very easily on these boxes.
good color choice too ;)
Old 01-11-2006, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default new xb

Love the color, congrats man!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Congratulations! As the owner of a PW myself I think the color rocks! I'm in the process of getting the full bra for mine, I'm using the hood only cover from Scion right now. Enjoy the Box.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

congrats
Old 01-11-2006, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

congrats on the purchase. PW yeah baby!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well done...worth the wait isn't it?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RudyT
Well done...worth the wait isn't it?
hell yes it was worth the wait the only thing that sucked is the dealer telling me different things. end of dec, he said that the car was "at port." and then like a week ago he said "when it gets to port, i'll personally drive it over here..."

anyway, yeah, definitely worth the wait but the wait was unnecessary. if i had looked around at other dealers, i would have found one - i am sure.

=]
Old 01-11-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

congratulations!!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats.
Kudos on the Colgon Bra. I purchased one after a big scratch happened on the bumper within the first 50 miles. I also have the matching c/f mirror covers. The Sacramento valley is full of bugs in the summer.

Time to lower!! Drop it. You'lle be glad you did! Looks soooo much better!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by losmorob
Time to lower!! Drop it. You'lle be glad you did! Looks soooo much better!
I agree that it looks better, dude, but no way in hell am I going to drop it! lol! the bumps in nyc are too huge... I mean, as it is, im surprised i did not bottom out within the first 50 miles of ownership! that includes going on like steep inclines into a gas station and into the driveway that i am parking it... i would lower it if the roads here were better! i'm considering getting 17" rims for it but, again, im afraid about hitting potholes and getting flat tires, etc. =(

Old 01-11-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man does that bra look nice. How much did you happen to pay for that full frontal hehehe..

I guess the current one that scion sells for the xB, is just totally useless...sorta.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I Love White! Nice Ride. What's your first major mod?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The colgan bra was about $134 shipped from Cali. Installation took like 5 minutes. I agree that the "bra" that scion offers doesn't do much - which is why i decided to go with the full-face version. Plus, the finish on the bra is carbon fiber and it looks really nice compared to the white xb with tinted windows xB =]

The first big mod? I'm not really sure to be honest... I've spent a good amount of money on the car by paying for it in cash so I don't plan on going nuts with it yet... I think one big mod may be that i want to build (maybe buy) a laptop stand for my xB... I bought microsoft streets and trips 2006 with the gps locator so i have gps at my hand. i also plan on using the laptop to play music... since i can also play movies on it, and it has a nice huge screen, i want to try to find a way that i can mount the laptop in front of the stock radio and above the floor shifter. this way, i can see the navigation and the passenger can watch a movie if they want..

I know this is illegal in some states and im sure you can get a hefty ticket for it but to me, the risk is worth the benefit. i can use the gps anytime im stopped! and passengers can watch movies, play music, attach a usb controller and play video games etc!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice love the xb in white anyways car looks great but i hate the full face bra but i understand gotta protect the investment somehow huh
Old 01-11-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The bra looks tizight on the PW. You may want to look into an executive table for that laptop stand. Once my boomerang gets here I'm going to start building a folding table (with a freefloat mount) for the back seat to match the table I'm getting from Garson. Should look pimp when it's done.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Congrats on your new ride...! Enjoy it and looking forward to your mods and pics following
Old 01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

I think I am having an alarm/remote starter installed this Saturday! whoo hooo! lol... that's my first sorta "serious" mod to it ;]
- shook

PS - the xB did NOT have a full tank of gas when I picked it up and the salesman did NOT go over the options with me!!!

the dealer placed a follow-up call to me today asking how everything was. i told them the above 2 complaints.

They said that i can come in at any time and they'll fill me up with a full tank and they said that they'll speak to the salesman that sold me my car!

will keep you guys updated.