Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

I really want to tint the front window...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys are nuts (with limo all around, and w/s). I work in a aftermarket shop that does a lot of tinting, and whenever I drive a car with Limo on the front, and anything on the windshield, I just don't understand how you drive at night. Its just ridiculous.

Cops here are extremly against really dark tint. Florida is just as hot (if not hotter than) California or Arizona, and you guys are just begging for problems. You guys know that if you have illegal tint on your windows and you get into a accident, your insurance company can drop any claim you have? Its an illegal aftermarket addon, and insurace companies dispute claims all the time.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and just FYI, Even if you go with a really dark tint, that doesn't neccessarily block out any more heat than lighter shades. From Limo to 30% (the legal limit for front drs in FL) there is only about a 7% more heat reduction using LLumar HP film.

I laugh every time people like you guys come and complain about tint tickets. (It seems to happen to tC's more, though thats probably because the average tC driver here, thinks there car is a Indy 500 car.)
Old 06-06-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honey, I never said I was doing limo tint. I'm doing a tint to match the back windows, and I want the little strip across the top to block the horrible sunlight that gets between the visor and rear view mirror!! Haha! My boyfriend used to have a G35 with limo tint all the way around, and I know how it is to drive at night (though I must say you do get used to it after a while) and I'm not getting limo because I just want something classy and enough to block the sun.

Also, I drive an xB, so I'm on your side.....My car is most definately NOT an Indy 500 car...haha!!

And I'm not looking to block heat, I'm looking to block sun.

Thanks for the input though!!

Also, the signature is hilarious!!

~Stephanie
Old 06-06-2007, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't really talking about you, I was talking about all the wackos who posted on the 2nd page.

I understand about the strip, I'm thinking about getting one for my xB.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, haha! I was confused...Haha!!

~Stephanie
Old 06-22-2007, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
According to tintlaws.com, you are allowed a four inch tint visor on the front windscreen. That's it, otherwise it's highly illegal, and depending upon the level of tint, super dangerous.
law is Louisiana is 6" eyebrows.

I got 5% eyebrow. 5% on all back and rear windows. and 20% on driver and passenger front windows. It is hard to back up at night sometimes lol but Im getting a inferred back up cam soon in replacment of my rear wiper.

with the factory tint already on all the 5% tint is way darker and my 20% is illegal on my front side windows. I don't think I will ever tint the front windshield unless i get like a 85% just to cut down on the UV's coming into the car and possibly damaging the fabrics like you see in old cars.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I only want the top strip, not the whole thing! That would be crazy!!

haha!!

~Stephanie
Old 06-22-2007, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Find out what your state law is on the eyebrow 4" - 6" and get it done. it should only cost you about $30.00 for a brow if that. i got my whole car done for $155.00 and it has a lifetime warranty so if it peels they will replace it.

The length will be the farthest point of the sticker to the roof since our shields bend you will have to messure the far left or right to get the length
Old 06-22-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, the guy I'm going to has a warranty, and my whole family has been using him forever, he comes to your house and does it! And it's a really good price too! The best tint job I've ever seen! And since my family has been going to him for so long and sending people to him and such, we get a special warranty as to if we get a ticket, he will take it off and put it back on! Sweet!

I know how long it will be, I am not new to cars!

~Stephanie