Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

i want one!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member

Default i want one!!

so scion owners......how should i convince my wife that we should trade our xterra for a xa? they arent out yet here in colorado but i saw one at an import show and fell in love. if you can give all the positives about owning a xa, that would be great. thanks
Old 10-21-2003, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well, I don't have one, but its dirt cheap!
Old 10-21-2003, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I drive an xA. To get my xA though, i had to sell my '97 mitsu mirage. The money i recieved for the mirage was used as a down payment for the xA. For the starting price of the xA you get tons of standard features not found standard on other cars. The only thing is that i wish it came with more horsepower..err. Overall though, i love my xA! :D
Old 10-21-2003, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just sell her on the gas mileage girls love that kinda junk. (no offense girls just a joke)
Old 10-22-2003, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member

Don't know where you are in CO but the friends I have there insist that at least one vehicle be a 4x4. But they do live in one of the more mountainous areas. If that isn't a problem{or your Xetera isn't 4wd} then that only leaves one thing , downsizing. The xA is a sub-compact , although a very large sub. It will have less space all the way around. Now it will be cheaper to buy , cheaper to own , cheaper on gas , cheaper on insurance , cheaper in repairs. Personally I think it looks better and there are mods available and more coming so you can make it just right for you{and the wife}.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

All you need to do is take her to the nearest CA Toyota dealer, so she can see the car in person. You'll be driving it back home.

Besides, it's a Toyota at heart. It'll out last any xterra...
Old 10-24-2003, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member

I bought a Scion Xa about a month ago and it is the greatest! Great gas mileage even with the AC running (got about 32 mpg) but without....runs into the 35-37 range.

But i got to save some dough to get the "good stuff" performace parts. what should i invest on first? Intake or Exhaust? :D
Old 10-24-2003, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: i want one!!

Originally Posted by d-town hatch
so scion owners......how should i convince my wife that we should trade our xterra for a xa?
My wife was looking at Honda CRVs, which are kind of in the direction of an xterra and we ended up with an xB.

Her priorities were ease of use and utility. The Scion was a lot easier to maneuver than the larger vehicle, and the fact that it gets half again the milage was a plus.

OTOH, she did not like the looks of the xA at all, but that is a matter of taste.

George
Old 11-12-2003, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member

I want one too .
when are we gonna see these cars on the east coast(NY,NJ)?
Old 11-12-2003, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Keep in mind.. Scions are city/urban vehicles...made to be travelled mainly on flat surface rather than constant uphills and downhills...

if u live in Colorado...hopefully u'll be away from the mountainous region...especially with constant snow...although the xB comes with Traction control..it's mainly made for wet surface rather than snow.

And it's not dirt cheap as u expect..it's a great value/quality car. Ask a scion owner...and u'll see wat i mean... once u get it...the first thing u start to think is "mods"... and there are endless mods...

i've spend over $2500 already on mods...and i'm only 2% done with my goal...so it becomes an expensive project...unless u just drive it as a commuter.

But we all know...deep inside...all scions are begging to be modified.

please prove me wrong ...but i doubt any true scion owner will.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yah even though the xA is slow i still love my car. It needs more POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!! But its a real fun car to have.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member

Its a matter of choice.

As far as the Scion's out living the Xterra, you may be farther off than you suppose. The Xterra motor is strong, and when properly maintained it can last a VERY long time. The only problem there is the maintence cost. 4WD front rotors alone will cost ya at least 75$, and their driveline parts arent cheap either.

But I had a 1993 Camry in my shop two days ago with 329,000 miles on it. So yes, Toyota rocks.

Complaints about power? GReddy and Blitz are two answers to that simple question.

My friend Mark lives in CO, I think outside Vail, some technology center or district, and he owns three 240SX's and has no complaints of traction or snow.

CR-V does have more power, and is a honda. The xA is shweet looking and is a Toyota. In a recent survey rankings for the least amount of upkeep by consumers listed:

Toyota
Hyundai <---WTF?
Honda

Let her base her decision on that.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can't beat the price! :mrgreen:

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 11-18-2003, 10:11 PM