First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Ideas for our New Show Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Ideas for our New Show Car

Hey everybody, I was just asked to design the new show car for my dealership. I want some ideas for it; i want this car to be differant and to stand out, but have a very clean look.

The sky is the limit as far as price goes so don't hold back.

I need pictures of all the products suggested so that I can show the owner what i'm going to build. Part #'s, exact products, and websites/stores that sell them would also be needed (Its nice to design a dream car, but I actually need to be able to get all these parts)

Thanks in advance, Ben
Old 11-16-2004, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

get the tanabe df210's they are available at most any performance store online for approx 150 shipped , put some trd wheels on 18" but get the spokes powdercoated black. trd short shifter , aem intake
Old 11-16-2004, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why can't it be my job to build a show car?

I think you should go with Camo and make it look like a tank. Instead of going with big wheels, go with something like 15x7 wheels with a really fat tire. Carbon fiber hood. Carbon fiber hatch and OEM rear spoiler. Tint the windows as black as you can and then slam the car to the ground. Then for the interior, go with black leather and army camo inserts.

If you wanted to go all out and be weird, get some fake vines, run them around the interior pillars and cover the whole headliner with more fake plants so it looks like a jungle...

And the performance parts... well, just get some silicon hoses, an intake, a shiny oil cap, some billet aluminum battery tie downs, and one of those little stretchy TRD reservoir cover dohickies. It'll look like it's fast, even if it isn't.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about all four doors being lambos. And maybe even the back ones being suicide lambos.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by uncompiled
Why can't it be my job to build a show car?

I think you should go with Camo and make it look like a tank. Instead of going with big wheels, go with something like 15x7 wheels with a really fat tire. Carbon fiber hood. Carbon fiber hatch and OEM rear spoiler. Tint the windows as black as you can and then slam the car to the ground. Then for the interior, go with black leather and army camo inserts.

If you wanted to go all out and be weird, get some fake vines, run them around the interior pillars and cover the whole headliner with more fake plants so it looks like a jungle...

And the performance parts... well, just get some silicon hoses, an intake, a shiny oil cap, some billet aluminum battery tie downs, and one of those little stretchy TRD reservoir cover dohickies. It'll look like it's fast, even if it isn't.

I sorta like that jungle idea, but I'm going for a very clean, sleek look with the interior, but maybe I'll use that somehow. I need products that are available to purchase now, custom body/interior work may be out of the question depending on the timeframe I'm given

Keep in mind that everything I do has to be legal, (gotta be careful with tints) we've gotta warranty all this stuff, and it has to be retailable (I don't think that's a word, but it gets the idea across) because someday we'll have to sell the car.

Keep the ideas coming!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Take the rearmost side windows and turn them into saltwater aquariums w/UV lights and some flashy fish. And maybe one of those diver guys :mrgreen:
I'm sure you could work that into the jungle motif. Which by the way is extrememly original and cool IMO.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is kind of a small detail but how about putting pistons in to open and hold up the bonnet. VW has this on there cars it is so nice. You could probably find a junked new VW and take those.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cost is no object? Then start by importing the JDM all-wheel drive components for the bB and doing an engine swap with forced induction.

then do a chopped top, like the far right picture here:
https://www.scionlife.com/?Old%20Punk
Old 11-16-2004, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Man, no offense guys, but some of your ideas are whack; different, but whack.

No matter what rims you choose, definitely get the OneTonGarage shims for the rear wheels (or else the rear wheels will look more sunk into the wheel well than the fronts). Have every light in the interior changed to the same color (I'm talking about the speedo, the clock, the radio - maybe go aftermarket with the head unit, the A/C, the dome, the under dash cathodes, the cup holders, and anywhere else you put lights). Leather seats with suede sewed into them with a suede headliner is awesome (I know because I've got just that). Go for a dash cover kit, maybe carbon fiber to match the exterior color and the interior lights. One word: armrest (which ever you prefer). I'm not sure about the stock door panels, but the ones that came with my car (I'm pretty sure they're aftermarket) have space for 6-1/2 separates in each door - a must if you're putting a system in it. Lights in the trunk area so you can see what you're doing at night or just to light up any woofers you put back there. Do something with the front grill/bumper (either a bB emblem on the stock grill with the billet grills in the bumper or go with all billet grills). This would be awesome - 4 wheel disc brake conversion. It looks like a lot of work, but it's something a dealership can do easy, and it looks sooo good behind big wheels. Debadge the rear. Sunroof (maybe two). CAI, Exhaust system including performance header. Wire and hose dressups in the engine. Cathodes hidden in the engine compartment (for the dark). I'm not a fan of the exterior carbon fiber products, and if you want to look "clean", I wouldn't go there (maybe on the door pillars, that's it). No exterior decals. Get the rim spokes painted to match the car. Clear corners. Smoked tails (maybe to match the paint, depending on what color you go with). Sway and strut bars. Two inch drop and shocks/struts.

That's all I can think of... actually, that's pretty much what my car is (some of that stuff is yet to come).
Old 11-16-2004, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member

If you're going for the clean look... I'd say shave off the door handles and put in some door poppers. Then go with the viper 791x (i'm pretty sure thats what it is) alarm system with auto start... Its sweet i just got that put into my car.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Start with a black xB. White leather seats with light gray piping to match the pillars. Black patent headliner and gloss black upper dash with white speedometer surround and center dash. Leave all the silver parts on the dash silver, but swap the steering wheel with a leather wrapped one from a 2002 Camry SE. Re-solder all the LEDs in the clock/radio/AC controls so they're white.

Throw on some BBS (BMW style mesh) wheels in 17" with 5 degrees camber and air suspension. Slam that baby to the ground.

I'll post the exterior stuff later.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

All I have to say is, if you have to ask............
Old 11-16-2004, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sliding doors have not been done at all yet
Old 11-16-2004, 11:47 PM

How about a precisionmuffler.com axle back? :twisted: Always a great way to go on any show car, ask eveildave! :D

Old 11-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

I'm thinking a custom Paint job maybe electric blue with silver as a secondary color? chop the top. Shave the door handles and gas cap. get a bodykit from japan(that way no one has it, and it will have the plate there) a Colored Carbon fiber hood and the shaved cf hatch (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=381020#381020)4 Racing seats, redone in silver suede and blue leather. sunroof, and redo the headliner in suede too. fiberglass the dash with mids and tweets. fiberglass the doors for some mids and tweets. do a fiberglass system in the back. Fiberglass overhead units for tvs, don't get a drop down. you can get ideas from M-E (its a magazine www.me-mag.com) don't get lambos its a f'in box car. maybe suicide the back. get a turbo for shows and stuff, and maybe some engine dress up. you cound end up with a really nice car if you don't do stupid stuff with it. bag the car, with a kit thats out, and weld little stands on the bottom so it doesnt smash the kit, but will be less than an inch off the ground. get some 19"s( 20's are to big and 18"s to small) get chrome but nothing flashy, something like these

Old 11-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

ohh and get a stylis axle back
Old 11-17-2004, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally feel that this would be an excellent opportunity to develop a functional suicde door set up AND have a dealer pay for the R & D to make it work.

Time frame might be an issue, though.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

money is ALWAYS a object... chop the top 4 inches repaint the car something easy on the eyes, shave all handles, custom widebody kit, and a absolute silly sound system..like 4 W6's in fiberglass with 2 floating 1000 watt amps and a 20 inch flat screen to hang down.....

or kevlar color the whole car
Old 11-17-2004, 10:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Old Punk
Cost is no object? Then start by importing the JDM all-wheel drive components for the bB and doing an engine swap with forced induction.

then do a chopped top, like the far right picture here:
https://www.scionlife.com/?Old%20Punk
and then put in those buckets seats. and convert it to a 5 bolt pattern nicer option for rims from japan and definitely get a full bumper body kit from japan.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about an uber lux xB? Plush leather, tastfully modern curtains for the back. Wood grain. Rear seat recliners. Humidor/Champaign fridge. TV's in headrest and dash nav only. Skylight for the back. All Black and Chrome outside, with mostly black interior with tan accenting and wood trim. Basically turn it into a Maybach 67 xB but don't stretch the car... Maybe too much for what your looking for. But you said money is no object... :twisted:

Quick Reply: Ideas for our New Show Car