First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Inner Fender / Wheel Well Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Well, I don't think it is too much to ask, especially since it is rule number 1 for this site; here it is if you haven't seen it:

1. I will keep my posts relevant and helpful.

I give a damn because I am tired of wading through a bunch of garbage because people want to raise their participation level; I am not the only one on here that feels this way:

Originally Posted by duston831
Seems like the majority of post in the forum (tc) are either completely off topic, completely useless, people posting just to increase their post count, or people flaming others for asking question. I wasnt sure where to put this so i made a new topic. Yea this might seem pretty useless, but im tired of going to a topic and finding 10% of the post actually usefull or interesting.
I can understand why many of the respectable and informative posters have left this site.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Not sure the offset of your rims, but have you considered putting 5mm spacers in? That might solve your rubbing problem if it's on the inside.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jocdoc
dude, the issue isn't if you think the tires size is wrong or right., the issue is what do you do to fix this cats problem. he wants the answer and i gave it to him. you cant add more plastic into the well since its already rubbing, you and i know buying new springs is foolish. if we only put on tires that toyota/scion says is the right size then no one would be ridin' 19"s or 20". fact is hundreds are driving with them. not every one wants to ride with a rubber band. the problem isn't how it rides, it's that it's rubbin. its all cool.
we don't know his offset and that doesn't matter now, he already has the tires. so lets fix it.
Exactly !! i didnt know there was a wrong and a right size to use. bro have you tried removing the piece of plastic that is getting caught up in the fender well. only remove until you have to. i dont recomend removing the whole thing , its gonna get really messy in there . what are the guys with the Air bags doing for this problem ?
Old 02-23-2005, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anybody considered having the inner wheel wheel massaged by a body shop and then spraying a bedliner, like Rhino Liner or LineX, in there? I've not looked into my wheel wells, so don't know how practical this is, but it's a thought... It's been done on pickups and other cars for years.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Yeah, anyone with airbags has experienced what I'm talking about. What have you guys done with the inner wheel wells (the plastic parts)?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by pdrizzle
Yeah, anyone with airbags has experienced what I'm talking about. What have you guys done with the inner wheel wells (the plastic parts)?
Just about everyone with bags has completely removed the inner liner , most of them just custom made a small piece to sheild the intake. Bashing in the liner may be hard since it probably wont continue to hold the shape becuase it is all thin plastic.