First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Just got my Black XB

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just got my Black XB

just got my black xb after about 1 month of waiting .. they didn't even wax it .... sales person just washed it in front of me ... only options i got was the spoiler and the leather ! but i have a question how do i change the color on the stock cd deck ? and i killed it 4 times on my first drive (to work) is it really bad for your car ?
Old 10-16-2004, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats......post pics when going through stages......thanks...... :D
Old 10-16-2004, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you are only able to change the color of the screen if you got the 6 disc changer.. and from the sounds of it you didnt' ,.... so you cant change it

as for killing it .. im guessing you got a stick ... and have never had one before ? ..... its not super bad for the car.. but not good either.. take some time in a parking lot and practice
Old 10-16-2004, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

congrats
Old 10-16-2004, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member

You are special

Seriously though how/why did you choose black?

TAKE CARE OF HER!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I choose black cuz i loved waiting for a month to get my car don't know why but everyone here in the islands wants black or blue .. they had lots of camo/white/cherry but had to wait a month for black or blue ?!?!?

yeah i was rushing to work so i killed it 4 times but after work i didn't kill it any more .. .. maybe cuz of the rushing ..but the engine got really hot when i got home (is this normal ? also smelled like the brakes were burning!!!!), checked the liquids and they were all good (thought the sales even forgot to fill in those)

i used to drive a 87 corolla manual that's what taught me to drive stick then i got a 95 tercel auto and funny thing is the xb feels like alot more power then the tercel but i thought they had similar engines ???

no i didn't get the 6 disc changer i'll just get a dvd player later on any suggestions ? (thinking of the panasonic 7500) ...

thanks for all the replies !!!! :D
Old 10-16-2004, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Nice! Same color as me! I didn't even know you could get leather?!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want it the dealer could work something out. What are they gonna say...I want leather...well sorry we dont have that and dont want our shop doing it and making lots o profit.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by TheDanger
If you want it the dealer could work something out. What are they gonna say...I want leather...well sorry we dont have that and dont want our shop doing it and making lots o profit.
Yeah that's true! I know some dealerships will install leather but not from the factory. I thought it was a new option though. Could've got some Katzkin too though!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by LowProMofo
Yeah that's true! I know some dealerships will install leather but not from the factory. I thought it was a new option though. Could've got some Katzkin too though!
as of right now . Katskin does not make a kit for the xB ... its in the works though
Old 10-16-2004, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i got the leather and spoiler cuz i'd rather spend 1600 on those two rather then 1900 on 18" trd rims alone !!

what do u guys clean ur black xb w/ ? my sales rep was spraying this pink sh*t on it that didn't really give my car a smooth touch just shines but doesn't feel like wax ???. he told me i could buy some from the toyota parts department don't know why i would want to do that ???
Old 10-16-2004, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats
Old 10-16-2004, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jack_d12
what do u guys clean ur black xb w/ ? my sales rep was spraying this pink sh*t on it that didn't really give my car a smooth touch just shines but doesn't feel like wax ???. he told me i could buy some from the toyota parts department don't know why i would want to do that ???
I wash my car with Mother's car wash. Wax it with Zaino. Before your first wax job make sure you claybar the car to remove all the contaminates. Also usee microfiber towels to reduce the chances of swirl marks.

Congrats on the new xB. I too love the black...particularly since it isn't your average black.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Alan
Originally Posted by jack_d12
I wash my car with Mother's car wash. Wax it with Zaino. Before your first wax job make sure you claybar the car to remove all the contaminates. Also usee microfiber towels to reduce the chances of swirl marks.

Congrats on the new xB. I too love the black...particularly since it isn't your average black.
Werd on the clay bar! I love it! Yeah I have the black too and in the sun or under light it's really just a very dark grey. Looks great.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where do u guys buy all that stuff ? we just got checkers and k mart down here and doesn't seem like they'll have it .....
Old 10-16-2004, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can get Zaino protectant/polish, claybars, etc etc at

http://www.zainobros.com

With Zaino you won't see ANY swirl marks, and you get a really, really nice deep mirror shine.

I'll never use anything else again
Old 10-16-2004, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the islands eh!! and where would that be???
Old 10-16-2004, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Congrats
Old 10-16-2004, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BxB
as of right now . Katskin does not make a kit for the xB ... its in the works though
Yes they do. I have 3 customers now that have Katzkin leather in their xB's. One got solid black leather, one has a 2-tone "dark graphite/earth" to match his steering wheel, and one is getting "Sage" leather in his Cammo xB. Any time we have a customer that wants leather we do it with Katzkin for 2 reasons... it is a softer leather than the toyota leather and it can be done in any color the customer wants.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by florencescion
Originally Posted by Soon2BxB
Yes they do. I have 3 customers now that have Katzkin leather in their xB's. One got solid black leather, one has a 2-tone "dark graphite/earth" to match his steering wheel, and one is getting "Sage" leather in his Cammo xB. Any time we have a customer that wants leather we do it with Katzkin for 2 reasons... it is a softer leather than the toyota leather and it can be done in any color the customer wants.
that must be fairly new ... becuase i recall just recently that they didnt have any kits

i love the katzkin kits and am if i go the leather route .. ill be going with them

thanx for the info btw .. i stand corrected

Quick Reply: Just got my Black XB