First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Keyed........

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Keyed........

well My Lunchbox was keyed last night while I was at work I am so ____eed they keyed the driver side door and part of the rear door ... and I park in private property and work said they wont cover the 800.00 dollar bill..... ( so much for my updated pics a while ago)
Old 06-08-2007, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks!

Any suspects? Crazy ex-girlfriend?

-THE DON
Old 06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, That sucks. I know exactly how you feel. I got keyed 10 days after I bought my car. This was before my insurance company even looked at my car. So of coarse I was stuck paying for it.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

scyon I feel your pain, If it makes you feel better I caught the F@#% hater that wanted to key my box at a club one night he got his butt kicked. Death to people that key cars.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same thing happened to me at a mall parking lot, though I'm fairly certain it was some r-tard peering into my car that had a sharp belt buckle or something.

What do you guys use for that? Is there any good scratch-filler on the market?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang that sux first day I brought my Tc to college someone keyed my hood and stuck cigarette butts in the door handles! ARG!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well my est. is in and the damages are $857.38..... I just hope after it gets fixed that it dont happen again..
Old 06-12-2007, 06:32 AM
SL Member

AhhhH! That's horrible! All my friends told me that I'm going to get my car keyed now that I have my wrap on since it gets a lot of attention. I do get a little scared when I drive down into LA but there's nothing I can do about it. Maybe I'll start parking next to nicer cars so they get the key instead of me.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

$800--what a waste. There is a place in Hell for those people!!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ouch! That is so aggravating....It's a shame you can't have anything nice without some Jerk having to mess it up.....
Old 06-12-2007, 09:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone know any good scratch-fillers?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some #@^$#@ was throwing rocks at my box so I chased him with a black wiffle bat hehe, he thought it was real ;)
Old 06-16-2007, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My box got keyed as well. It was at the airport.

I didn't know if I should have been ____ed or honored. (BTW- I went with ____ed)

I mean, who the hell keys a Scion xB. Isn't keying reserved for fancy cars and all. I mean, key a cheap econo box like an xB. What the hell....
Old 06-18-2007, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member

My 97 Previa was keyed about a year ago. I done no wrong, it is a just mini van but still keyed, not a fancy car. It is a jungle out there here in L.A.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I am fully convinced that keying a car is a sin. And I can not regreat my stupid teenage vandalism more, but what I can do is educate the kids I work with that this kind of crap only comes back to haunt you. I have been a victim of this sort of thing, and if you are able, make a police report. If it's a large department they might have an online criminal mischief report form. This way it's at least documented that it occurred and even if it's a stretch, (and I mean a real stretch) you've taken a step toward catching these people. Especially with a-holes viedotaping their antics.

Sorry your car got victimized, try to keep your head up. Use it as an excuse to learn how to sand and prep a car and get a bad a** paint job.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

I feel your pain buddy I just hate it when my xb got keyed (like 3 times). Just ____es me off. When a-holes do that.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by LoadedAgain
I mean, who the hell keys a Scion xB. Isn't keying reserved for fancy cars and all. I mean, key a cheap econo box like an xB. What the hell....
I think it's people who don't understand what the xB is.

I was talking to a guy in a bar, and he mentioned going out with his buddies and keying/spraypainting xBs.

When I mentioned to him that xBs are just cheap cars that aren't too harsh on the environment and get good gas mileage, he looked a little dumbstruck.

I think there's people out there who think "it looks different, therefore it must be some sort of expensive status symbol."
Old 06-20-2007, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Evander
I was talking to a guy in a bar, and he mentioned going out with his buddies and keying/spraypainting xBs.

When I mentioned to him that xBs are just cheap cars that aren't too harsh on the environment and get good gas mileage, he looked a little dumbstruck.
You mentioned that to him AFTER you decked him and he was laying on the floor . . . RIGHT??
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sucks, I try to park next to islands and aways from people.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by pooder
Originally Posted by Evander

You mentioned that to him AFTER you decked him and he was laying on the floor . . . RIGHT??
I kick the guys ___, and he just gets ____ed off, learns nothing, and keeps doingit out of spite.

I teach the guy something about the car, he feels ashamed,and never does it again.

On top of that, we had both had quite a bit to drink at this point, and had been hving a great conversation otherwise. And, while I'm not the smallest of men, neither was he (part-time bouncer, etc.) While I probably could have taken him, he'd definitely have put up a fight.

I always find education prevails over violence. Sort of, teach a man to fish, and he eats for a life time; hit a man with a fish, and he just gets kind of mad.