First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Laughing stock xb? Do you?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Laughing stock xb? Do you?

Does People in here look down or laugh at someone's xb that is still stock? Question: Is it a must to mod your xbox...I mean the exterior?

I have a stock.....dont have $ to mod anything at all yet ..
Old 06-12-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would hope not. There is nothing wrong with a stock car. This website is for Scion Owners. Not Modders, "Tunerz", fabricators, etc.

That being said, it isn't hard for the modding bug to hit. Yet, if you don't, I see no issue with that. Enjoy your xB. That is all that matters!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nothing wrong with stock. Just keep it clean. theres some mod that don't require $ to start with, de-badge, clear corners.
trust me if you show up on meets, you'll be more inspired to do mods, next time you knew you'll have $$$ for mods and can't stop
Old 06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Scion ideal is to customize. Many people really like the idea of making their car unique or at least stand out from the pack.

For me it's about making my car fit my needs (performance is a NEED ) better. But I'd say the bulk of my mods can't be noticed by the average person.

I think of it like owning a house; you spend a lot of time there and you want to make it YOUR home so you decorate it.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

a scion is a scion, no matter whether its customized or not. i personally cant leave anything alone, ive even customized my xb toys. to each his own. if u r interested in cheap mods, look them up here. most of my mods were less than $20.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

like the above people their is nothing wrong with stock if that is what you like. just take it slow and do what you want to your car. my box stands out just cuz the rims and little $hit i have done
Old 06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

friends dont let friends drive stock.

but seriously.. nothing wrong with having stock. my xb is modded but i have no rims. i sold them and yet have to get a new set.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nothing wrong with stock. I may want to mod my car, and I may not dig the stock as much- but I'm not going to laugh at a stock xB. If somebody laughs at someone else for driving a stock xB, they must be some kind of butthole. How can someone laugh at a car that they've chosen to go out and purchase also?

On the Scion board, please reserve all laughter and ridicule for the Honda civic.

If somone wants to make fun of the stock Scion xB, an internet forum dedicated to the owners of that car, is probably not the best place for it. Here is a link to a place where you will find lots of people who will agree about how laughable you feel the car is:
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/
Old 06-12-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nothing wrong with stock, ask anyone from the Orlando area, I'm the ONLY one that is stock. Everyone knows that I love Scion but just don't want to mod the xB, quite yet.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Come to MD, the stock B's are always out in force. I see the occasional modified one, very rare though. Infact I have more fun parking next to stock B'x it reminds me of when I first bought the car. If you don't want to you don't have to
Old 06-12-2006, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope, stock is still sweet.

i never really had a stock box (bought mine used from the dealer and it was already loaded up with OEM performance pieces and dress up mods), but driving just about any xB is a unique experience. you can customize an xB to your tastes and still remain "stock", which is what everyone loves about our cars.

just like everyone else says, even if you're low on cash, don't worry. if you really are looking into mods, look at the tech section (accessed from the FEATURES menu above) to get some ideas. a surprising amount (to me at least) can be done for little or no money at all.

heh, the old mod bug does get you though, cuz once you do totally customize something with your own two hands, it's hard to resist the urge to keep going.

anyway, if you like your box stock, more power to you man. just go out, drive, and have a blast.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we all had a stock one once
Old 06-13-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm driving a stock '06 and I have 16,xxx miles on it, and I love it. Stock rocks!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...Cabin Air Filter...

Stock is fine. Just be sure to add a CABIN AIR FILTER for your empty CABIN AIR FILTER TRAY. Do not buy one from SCION for $22, make one yourself or buy one at any parts store for $12. You may need to say that you have a 04 or 05 XB, the new numbers take a long time to hit the stores.
See the TECH thread called 'Fabricate your own CABIN AIR FILTER' and see photos of how to pop off your glove box to access the CABIN AIR FILTER TRAY.
This will reduce pollen and dust on your dashboard.

If anything we are laughing with you............
The best laugh I got was seeing some of the more extreme MODS shown on SCIONLIFE.com.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have no problems with the stock. I also appreciate when I see one with the free mods, but I really don't care for someone who takes no pride in their car (curbage, dirty, dinged)
Old 06-13-2006, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I will let you in on a secret--the outside world laughs at our boxes--be they stock or modded. It is your car--and you are ultimately the one who must be happy with it. AND--if we were all loaded with money we would probably be drving something else. I have never seen anyone shunned at any meet for having a stock ride. Get out there and have fun with your ride!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My xB is stock and I've had it for over 2 years. In my little hick town the car stands out enough not being modded. I don't really consider putting a different radio in it modding. That's just a necessity.

JOe
Old 06-13-2006, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine is bone stock too dude and just like you - I don't got the money nor do i want to put a ton of cash/effort/time/etc into my box! it gets me from A to B. If I lived in an area where i didnt have to fear about getting rims stolen, the only mod i think would be to add rims... I don't think anything else is needed.

I am using a laptop in my car for music/navigation. I wouldn't consider that a mod since the laptop is removable and nor do I think that this is a necessity in every xB. it's just something that I use and find it awesome. I have 1 CD in my car and that's my girlfriends music. other than that, everything i listen to is on my hard drive.

you can check out the link to my setup in my signature. My most favorite thing that i love about this: having an suv with navigation pull up beside my tiny little box and having them creep up to my passenger/driver side window (at night) and having them drool over the ridiculously large (comparativly) screen i have in my car that makes the entire interior glow! l0l the way that i have it mounted plus the fact that you cant see the keyboard (it's a tablet) makes everyone think that I have a 12" in-dash navigation screen! lol... (only at nite tho - you can see my mount in the daytime)

- sh00k
Old 06-13-2006, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i wish i never modded mine. ____. i hate it now, problems problems problems.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ exactly problems + time/money/effort spent = why i dont do mods. they're nice and all but i feel that i underappreciate modded cars so why do that to mine? lol. sure it'll look better but im not competing in a car show...
- sh00k

Quick Reply: Laughing stock xb? Do you?