Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

A little help needed for an 05 xB

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
SL Member

Default A little help needed for an 05 xB

Doors ajar light is staying lit, this just started yesterday, no clue why its doing it, we got snow yesterday for the first time since ive owned my xB, however i dont know if this would do it, I have checked all my doors and they are all closed. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know thanks a lot
Old 03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
SL Member

just to be clear, did you check the hatch too, in addition to the doors, I had the same problem and that's what it was. Just an idea, sorry if you already checked it too.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:06 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tuckerdwz2025
just to be clear, did you check the hatch too, in addition to the doors, I had the same problem and that's what it was. Just an idea, sorry if you already checked it too.
Hey man, no worries I thought the same thing, thats why I checked that first lol, strange thing is, its not that its lit fully, its a faint glow, but once the doors open, its actually as bright as it used to be lol
Old 03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

you have after market alarm installed???

i've some sort of wiring gremlin related to my after market alarm... and currently have 2 ground wires for it un-connected and my door ajar light is dimmly illuminated... and cant open my windows..
but i know if i re-ground those 2 fixes both issues for me.. (doesnt fix my battery drain tho)

any ways just a thought maybe bad/broken ground
Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Have you had a lot of rain or snow down your way lately?

I had this same problem a few months ago after a day of heavy rain. I couldn't figure out what the problem was -- checked my wiring, pin switches, etc. and couldn't find anything wrong yet that faint door ajar light wouldn't go out. I noticed that the light's intensity would vary slightly if I slammed my doors or rocked the car.

After a couple of dry days the door ajar light went out and returned to functioning normally. I came to the conclusion that most likely a bit of water had gotten into the system somewhere and was completing the circuit. I could be wrong about the cause though but the problem hasn't manifested itself again since.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member

^ i had the same problem in my 05 and it was due to water! i installed a sirius radio and i routed my antenna thru the rubber boot in the rear hatch (where electrical wires run above headliner - inside car - and go to hatch to supply power for wiper motor and lic plate lights) and somehow i forgot to secure the boot properly. i also noticed my headliner - when stock - was getting wet for no reason. so once i fastened it properly, the door-open light never reoccured and it has been 3 years since! so check all your doors to make sure the boots are secured properly and you should be ok then...........hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine ended up being the hatch was closed but not slammed
Old 03-05-2009, 02:27 PM
SL Member

A couple of those things could be my problem lol, I am havingsome issues with my aftermarket alarm which could have something to do with it, also we had snow for the first time since i bought my xB, and I have also used the rubber boot in the rear to run my backup camera line, so I guess it could be one of 3 things huh lol, I have to take my xB to the shop to look at my alarm, bc for some reason its not working properly, it wont let me disarm at times to get into my car lol
Old 03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
SL Member

So heres the outcome, it was actually my alarm system, it seems i had a shock sensor that went bad, and it was causing my door ajar to show up, as well as was causing my alarm, keyless, and auto start to malfunction, so they rewired everything and replaced everything, and now its perfect thanks for all your input guys!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that happens to me at random times. its annoying to look at but with the mileage on my ride im not too concerned about anything really.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 AM

Reaffirming the "Water" theory. Problem started today, which happened to be a very rainy Southern California day. This thread makes me think it's a water glitch.