Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Longer current wait?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member

I put money down on my 2006 xB on October 28th and it came in on November 8th. Then I had to wait another 2 days for them to add the accessories. Didn't take too long, but it felt like forever. It was definately worth the wait!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ...

Originally Posted by midtowndesi
I ordered mine on November 11th and I'm still waiting... These have been the longest 6 days of my life...

But, seriously, when I get my white xB in, I'm going to try to flip it... I saw a 2005 model with 12k miles being sold for something in the 18s and it barely had any options on it - just like the one i ordered... I'm going to put it on ebay for 19k... wish me luck!
"Sold for" and "Offered at" are two different things.

Look at the completed e-bay listings for the xB. Most of the listings don't meet the reserve and the bidding RARLEY goes over the new price.

As a rule, used xBs just don't bring new price.

Good Luck!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Delivery

Took me 4 weeks, picked it up tonight..............>
Old 11-18-2005, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tyler_Knight
I ordered mine on November 11th and I'm still waiting... These have been the longest 6 days of my life...

But, seriously, when I get my white xB in, I'm going to try to flip it... I saw a 2005 model with 12k miles being sold for something in the 18s and it barely had any options on it - just like the one i ordered... I'm going to put it on ebay for 19k... wish me luck!
"Sold for" and "Offered at" are two different things.

Look at the completed e-bay listings for the xB. Most of the listings don't meet the reserve and the bidding RARLEY goes over the new price.

As a rule, used xBs just don't bring new price.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice! I'll def. let you know what happens with this one. If I do wind up selling it, i gotta order another one and go through this f*cking wait all over again =( that's the only thing that's holding me back from going full throttle on this plan =/
Old 11-20-2005, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Box is in the garage. I picked it up today. They told me 4-6 weeks and found one in Wisconsin. Took one week! That BOP color is very cameleon-like. Sparley blue in the sun and looks black in my garage. I'm stoked!
Old 11-20-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CNYScions
SL Member

Ya'll are killing me, still waiting.........2 months and counting.......
Old 12-01-2005, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Four-and-a-half weeks and it's here!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZONkBoX
Four-and-a-half weeks and it's here!
Congrats dude! I ordered mine on Nov. 11th and I'm itching to get it!#@#
Old 12-01-2005, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CNYScions
SL Member

Talked to the manager of Scion at the dealership. He said he will know for sure when and if it gets here on Dec 6th, I guess when he gets his allotment(?) sheet. He says he is pretty sure it is and if it is. If it is on the sheet, then it should arrive around Dec 20th. Geez over 3 months wait for a $15K car. It better be worth. I just loved the panoramic view and how big the interior is. It was neat test driving, now let's hope it's neat to own. More hp would be nice, but I can live. Wouldn't really want to trade HPs for MPGs at this point. The garage queen has enough HP's when "I feel the need, the need for speed"
Old 12-01-2005, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I were you, I would contact some dealers in DFW and see if you can get one sooner. The drive would likely be worth it....
Old 01-09-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CNYScions
SL Member

My Scion saga. Sept 10, 2005 ordered a BSP auto, bone stock....3 months later, December still no sign of my BSP, so I decided to get the new color Salsa Red auto, bone stock, +$150 for new features in the new 2006 models....Jan 07, 2006, no sign of the Salsa Red on the allocation.....so I might as well go for the Envy Green RS 3.0 price increased from an original price of $15K+ to $17K+, whew. Now, I'm hoping it will be by the end of February. If not, I just might give up on ordering a xB. Probably just get a Pontiac Solstice for some summer cruising....... Has anyone had a longer wait than that!
Old 01-09-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default yo

Me again....

I ordered my xB on Nov 11th.

In the 3rd week of December, the dealer told me that my car was "at port" and would be here before new years...

I still haven't gotten in yet and now the same exact person is telling me that my car hasn't gotten to port in the first f*cking place!!!!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to go to the dealer and ask if I can have my deposit back (please pray that pigs will fly tomorrow)....

I ordered a white xB but like the black... I saw a black xB at another dealer and am hoping that they can get that car for me... we'll see what happens.... I'll keep you guys posted.

Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time, xBLong.... I would suggest picking a car that a dealer has in stock - try to get one allocated from another nearby dealer if possible.

just my thoughts. im so ____ed right now...
- sh00k
Old 01-09-2006, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Tuners

I ordered my tC with a dozen accessories three weeks ago. It's coming in this week! My waiting time was a lot less than everyone elses.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

hey xBLong - I really feel for ya man. I had a saga of my own with one of the stealerships around here...long story short...they never delivered, I got fed up and found one on the ground at another place here in denver:
http://www.stevinsonscionwest.com/New-Inventory.aspx

Looks like they have nine of them right now. Denver's not too far from you huh? Like 500mi? It's only 10 hours... eh... I guess DFW is a lot closer to ya...

Anyhow, if you decide to come to denver to get one, you've got a place to stay, and hell, you could even go skiing/snowboarding...this is the best season i've seen in 20 years...

good luck, and I am serious if you want to come to denver
Old 01-09-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

midtowndesi: you WILL get your deposit back. I simply cancelled my check, and went in to inform them and asked to have my deal jacket. I heard alot of the same crap from the first dealership i went to.

Guys, there are some other useful stories here:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89805

My story goes like this: walk into dealership and ask for 'my' color (BCP)... the sales mgr humms and haws about 'how long' it will take and 'how rare' that color is and 'blah blah blah i can GUARANTEE you a TCM 3 weeks from now' and all this other gestapo scare crizzap. I fell for it.

Fortunately, that 'guaranteed' date came and went and they were talking about 'all the hurricanes' holding things up. (this _after_ i was told it had cleared port!) whatever. I started calling every freakin dealership around, and was willing to part with my deposit if i had to. I almost gave up after hearing expected waits at two and three months everywhere I called.

But, finally... found my color and gearbox on the ground that day, drove over to the first dealership in it and got my deposit back. I even asked the beotch if he wanted to go for a spin in the car he couldn't sell me.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

Originally Posted by cherryBox
midtowndesi: you WILL get your deposit back. I simply cancelled my check, and went in to inform them and asked to have my deal jacket. I heard alot of the same crap from the first dealership i went to.
I put down a $2,000 deposit with my debit card - This works the same way as with checks, right? If so, I'm going to go to the dealer tonight after work and let them know that I'm cancelling if they don't tell me where my car is.

In addition to this, I drove by another scion dealer and saw that they had 3 brand new xB's sitting in front of their lot... None of them were white but it really ____ed me off.... =/

Another question - I was given the VIN number for "my xB" in the 3rd week of december and I'm still waiting for it... Just wondering how long others waited AFTER RECIEVING THEIR VIN NUMBERS - for their xBs....?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I put down a $2,000 deposit with my debit card - This works the same way as with checks, right? If so, I'm going to go to the dealer tonight after work and let them know that I'm cancelling if they don't tell me where my car is.
talk to your bank before talking to the stealership.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

talk to your bank before talking to the stealership.
hehe - that's exactly what I was going to do... will update everyone when i get an idea... i hope i can get my 2g back! that place sucks so badly!

im a fair person and never judge but this is ridiculous. I've been told one thing then another... i wonder if stealerships+salesmen act like a$$holes on purpose..... they all seem to be this way... (exception of a very select few...)
Old 01-09-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

LOL - I was on the phone with my bank. 2 minutes after I hung up with them, the dealer calls me saying that they have my xB!!!

I'll be picking it up either today(tonight) or tomorrow! I'll be posting pics in the next day or two! ;]
- shook
Old 01-09-2006, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CNYScions
SL Member

hey xBLong - I really feel for ya man. I had a saga of my own with one of the stealerships around here...long story short...they never delivered, I got fed up and found one on the ground at another place here in denver:
http://www.stevinsonscionwest.com/New-Inventory.aspx

Looks like they have nine of them right now. Denver's not too far from you huh? Like 500mi? It's only 10 hours... eh... I guess DFW is a lot closer to ya...

Anyhow, if you decide to come to denver to get one, you've got a place to stay, and hell, you could even go skiing/snowboarding...this is the best season i've seen in 20 years...

good luck, and I am serious if you want to come to denver
Holy crap, that's one heck of an offer. Thanks for the offer. Makes me feel good that there are people like you on SL. If ya need a place to stay in OK, then hit me up. Figure the only reason you would, is if you were driving through

Quick Reply: Longer current wait?