First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Might have to sell the xB soon.................:(

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Might have to sell the xB soon.................:(

When I originally bought my Scion, I had planned on living with my parents for another year and a half until I turned 21 (hey, they offered free housing as long as I went to college!). All the money I was saving from not having to pay rent was going to this car. I was planning on having it mostly paid off by the time I finished school.

I have currently have a 75% paid scholarship to any public institution in Florida.

Well, today my step father came to me and said there was a large possibility that my mother and him could be getting orders to relocate to another base within the next 6 months. They're both in the military, and it looks like they're both going to be making rank this year - which means that the air force will reassign them to another base that has an opening for their types of jobs. This will most likely be out of state.

The kicker is, I won't be able to move with them due to the scholarship. Not only that, but I can't really work more because i already work full time and go to school full time. If I cut back on my schooling and work more, I'll loose my military health insurance and military privileges, yet I'll be able to afford an apartment and the xB. But I can't really do that because I need those privileges and the insurance.

Geeze, I've just stuck between and rock and a hard place. It seems as if my only real option is to sell my new baby if it comes down to it
Old 02-17-2004, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default sorry to hear that

sorry to hear that man. Best of luck to you. If you need to sell the xB go ahead and sell it. Remember its only a car, its not like u cant come back aroundn buy another one when you can afford it again right? =)
Old 02-17-2004, 10:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just as a tip if the militery insurence is like any other govt insurence you cannot get health insurence past 22yo... NO EXCEPTION. Dispite their being state laws (in TX and I am sure other places) stating insurence should be offered to you if your going to school full time till the age of 25.

I am a victim this the burocratic bull____... The offical response I got for the government on how I wan't allowed to have coverage dispite beinga full time college senior was that it superceded state laws because THEY WERE the govt and the reason it is so "is in a en effort to save the tax-payers dollars."

I just though I'd mention that... becuase no one did to me or my parents earlier. A car is a car, your college will help you in life... you assess your priorities.... I think your on the right track. Unless of coarse your XB attracts the attention of a wealth heiress to multibillion dollar estate (lets say the Hilton sisters) and they become your sugar mama.... In that case keep the XB, if it doesn't work out, which it most certainly won't you still have some mad cash (ask J.Lo's ex Chris Judd... the back ground dancer she married).

-will
Old 02-17-2004, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear about this. i hope everything works out ok.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

man....houseing goes first not the xB. You can live in your xB jus put a faucet thing on the back of your car for bathroom.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

or u can buy a azutek lol but realy hope everthing works out for u
Old 02-18-2004, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Why not work full-time and do college online?

That's what i'll be doing next semester.

Good luck.

Andrew
Old 02-18-2004, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, after doing an extensive account of how much money I make, it seems as if I CAN afford an apartment now There's a lot of clutter that my money's gone towards, i figure if I cut the fat I'll be fine

Plus, after talking about the situation with my Mom/Step-Dad and Dad/Step-mom, they said that if I really needed help, they'd be there to help me out financially. It was really weird talking to them about it, just because since I was 16 I haven't relied on them supporting me, financially. I just have this thing about asking people for money - I don't like to do it and haven't had to since I started working, and they said that was cool and that anytime I needed help to just give them a call.

I feel much better now, looks like I'll be keeping the xB Uncertainty sucks.