SL Member

Default My rims were stolen

Gone!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Damn....That Sucks. I hope you find whoever did it.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

That blows about your wheels...atleast you didn't find it up on blocks or just sitting on the ground.

I do think it's comical that you're a Federal Police Officer...they picked the wrong motha-f$%ka to mess with
Old 07-01-2005, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That really suck...Time to lock and load!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks...

If you live in a apartment complex theres a real good chance it's someone who lives there. They know when you come and go vice versa. I would bet your rims are in the same complex. When I lived in a apartment I paid extra for a garage, Or if the apartment complex didn't have garages I wouldn't live there. I had to know my ride was okay so I could sleep.

Good Luck!!! and Happy B-day!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

dude i wish i was a federal police officer to cath the thieves who broke into my xb and stole my stuff. im stuck..insurance wont cover it with out receipts and the radar detector is not covered under the policy..

walla walla funy name for a city
Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I'm also glad that they didn't do any body damage, like keying the car. I guess that it could be worse. What a nice B-day.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Man! You're a Poopie and they didn't even think twice about it? Good luck in finding these felon(s).
Old 07-01-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you have lock lugs on your wheels? Or would that not even help?
Old 07-01-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just glad that I didn't catch them in the act. I had finished giving a Martial Arts Demo at the park and was still pumped up. Plus since it was my B-Day I had about six beers in me by then. I probibly would have done some damage.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got the enkei rims with the tuner lug nuts so u have to have a key to take the lug nuts off but that can only save you for so long...probably peepz out there with the key some where else :[
Old 07-01-2005, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Didn't have them. I'll know better next time. I'm also not going to be buying such expensive rims. The car stuck out like a sore thumb.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a key for the rims on my Toyota Tacoma 4x4. I lost it once and that sucked. The problem is that anyone can go to their local wheel and tire shop and pic up keys to lugs.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by JDZNate
Didn't have them. I'll know better next time. I'm also not going to be buying such expensive rims. The car stuck out like a sore thumb.
Ouch. Expensive wheels and no locks is kinda like playing catcher (baseball) without a cup.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDZNate
I have a key for the rims on my Toyota Tacoma 4x4. I lost it once and that sucked. The problem is that anyone can go to their local wheel and tire shop and pic up keys to lugs.
wheel locks. you get what you pay for. i can gaurentee (sp) that im one of the select few in my communinty if not the only one who has volk lugs. you average hood would pay 150 for a key and you cant get a replacement w/o the serial number off the box i believe.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I find this story difficult to believe given i have "borrowed" rims in the past...

I used to run with the wrong crowd and we did the sort of thing quite often either to make a quick buck or to satisfy our own needs. I personally have experience and know a lot of people I use to run with who did the same and not once have I heard anyone put rims back onto a car they just "borrowed" rims from. First off people who steal rims use either their stock jacks (break into other cars to collect stock jacks) and use them to steal wheels and leave the car on the jacks. one most cars like a xB you can jack up a whole side of the car in the front and not need more than 2 jacks. after doing one side you just lower the car down onto the frame and leave the jack. and the go do the otherside.

I personally as well as my crew would just bring bricks or whatever books, anything you could rest the car on top of... so you could still take your jack(s) with you. i have never heard anyone bring rims with them and then take someones wheels off and then kindly put wheels back on.

think about it, when you go and do this "gig" you don't wanna drive around with steelies in the back of you car, you may even get pulled over for suspicion (they did that a lot a my old campus). then what do you think these crooks do, pull these wheels out (without making much noise) stack them near your car and jack them up, take your rims off place them back into another car, then put the steelies onto yours?

criminals want to get in and out asap. they don't have time and i never had the luxury to do this. when the rim comes off the target you go to the next and then the next etc... you don't take it off then go get another put it back on and throw lugs back on it... you want to be in and out in 5min or less with a 2 man team...

anyhow if you are telling the truth then lets see a pic... you may have fooled a lot of people here but i ain't no spring chicken. nice sob story though.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're right!

if it is true, it musta been someone he knew, that knew he was inside having a b-day party, and he wouldn't be out for a while.....rookies.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't think that they took their rims off. They just put junkers on mine and there was only three tires on it and they look like spare tires. The other side was lifted with a jack. This is a small town, we haven't had a lot of thefts like this. Once and a while there will be a car stolen here and there.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah they were probibly eyeing the car for a while.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jackers should be castrated upon site....glad you don't run with that crowd anymore Art, you may keep yours.
Hope you're able to retrieve your rims Nate.

Quick Reply: My rims were stolen