First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

My rims were stolen

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear that, that blows big!
yeah, puttin steels back on the car sounds too much time to be doing, and too generous.
to me, it's gotta be someone who visits the complex. ie. friends, family, friend of a friend etc...or even someone who has infiltrated (not members of SL, but infiltrater) in our SL community to find info on our/your whereabouts, habits so they can help themselves? I really hope not. (please don't get me wrong! i'm not talkin about us enthusiasts.PERIOD.)
i think it'll be a good idea for me to purchase another/diff. set of wheel locks, and mix-n-match 2 locks per each wheel.
if jerks wanna jack, they will. they will either steal our vehicle and ride it off or whatever, but at least i want to make it diffcult or time consumming to have thier way with my box.
hope everything turns out pos. for you JDZNate
Old 07-01-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is what I ALWAYS do with rims and I tell EVERYONE about it that is into rims: MARK YOUR $HIT!!!!!
When you get new wheels, type this up:

These rims belong to:
Your Name
Phone #
DL#
Address
"If you are reading this, please verify that the person who brought these rims in for service is the person listed above. If not, please contact the police because they are stolen. If stolen and your help leads to the return, a reward will be paid to you in cash."

I print up a bunch and tape them on the inside of the wheel in several spots. Eventually they will need new tires and if the tire tech sees it and puts 2+2 together... bingo. It's important that you have your DL number... that why they can check the license and verify that it is you. Or you can inscribe your DL number on several places inside the rim. All of this happens before you mount the tires up.

Maybe it is a good trick, maybe it isn't. Just remember, thieves are dumb and eventually they will get caught.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, you might wanna look under your car and make sure they didn't f*ck anything up when they lifted the vehicle. You know they don't care about using proper jack points.
Just a heads up.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, great tips Romanova. I like the idea of scribing an
ID on the inside of the wheel. Might take a few thousand
miles, but there's a good chance you'll get your rims back.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'm telling you in New York they used to jack up the car throw two milk crates under the car one in front one in back then jack ur sheit drop the jack get in there vans or truck and leave ur car on crates that on a big car the crate only hold long enuff for you not to trap ur jack under the car to get away.......not jack ur wheels and replace them with others....I think you live in Never Land and Peter Pan needed some wheels for his ride but felt bad and left you his capt hook. It just dont happen but hey its ok to be a cop and get jacked ur human too with a gun ...
Old 07-02-2005, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ERIKB
Jackers should be castrated upon site....glad you don't run with that crowd anymore Art, you may keep yours.
Hope you're able to retrieve your rims Nate.
Thanks man, yeah well I am 30 now so kind of stupid now to be running around with a makeshift "slim-jim" and a pocket full of sparkplug porcelyn... About to have kids and run my own buisness now

Anyhow I seriously doubt this happened and well read the guys post from NYC, that sounds about right cartons would work fine, whatever it takes to get your stock jacks out... after a while stock jacks are golden. but no one i mean no one throw rims back on the car, think about it, as fast as it takes to put on a rim is the same as taking off, not worth getting pinched...

like i said if you want something you ****** and grab as fast as you can, wheel lock in the way, just bring undersized sockets and hammer then on... you rock the lug but who cares as long as you get the wheels? Alarm? screw it rip the inside fender well plastic reach up and cut the battery ground or power. do u care about the fender well? hell no. or just smash the window or slim jim pop the hook your buddy sits there and cuts the power. done in a flash alarm only hums for 2 sec.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That sucks bro. I would cry like a girl if they jacked my "shoes". I just got wheel locks shipped today, and will install them 2marrow. I know they arent all that, but it will waste a bit of a thieves time. Im lucky enough to live in a town house with a gate, and my tc has its own personal body guard (A german shepard) watching for someone to get a bite out of. The only thing im worried about is when i go out with friends and park somewhere im unfamiliar with. I get nervous when i go back to my car, and check if everything is still there then let out a sigh of relief. When I used to own my system, I would worry everyday about getting jacked since a system is much easier/quicker to steal and can be done under a minute... Break window, pop trunk, slice wiring, and hope the person was dumb enought to mount the amp on the sub box so your ready to go.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

almost any decent alarm system will offer tilt sensors for 80 bucks extra, anawsome idea if you have some decent wheels.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd etch my name into rims if I had them.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pretty sure I know who might have done it, all I have to do is prove it. A while back I investigated a car stereo shop that was installing systems and then the kids that work there would give the address to their stealin' friends of the person who had the work done. They would wait about 2 weeks and then steal the stereo and sell it on ebay. I'm pretty sure that this is what happened. They knew the bolt pattern, the had the tools and the old ___ tires to put on. It's being looked in to. Might wait and see if there is a pattern of thefts and try to set the shop up.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

I would take fingerprints from the wheels they left. I'm sure there's pently of them.

I too tag anything of value. Had some tools and a HU stolen years back. I got them back because my name and DL # was on them.

In fact, my xB has the windows etch with the VIN# too.

Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, that really sucks! But it looks like they will be getting a nice surprise. Definitely chose the wrong car.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member

Dont know if these would work to well with wheels but someone might think twice about buying something from someone who is in possession of them.

www.stuffback.com

Rj
Old 07-02-2005, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I'm orig from Balt. Md the always used cinders or milk crates . never once heard of steelys being used. I think the guys at the party are in on it and its a prank or you got stupid jackers in the hood.... (hate to think you is not givin us the strait poopie on the jacker scoopie)
Old 07-02-2005, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this is why i haven't bought rims for my xb yet. Nobody wants the steelies.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My rims were stolen

Originally Posted by JDZNate
I'm a Federal Police Officer here in Walla Walla. There are only about 30 thousand people who live here and I'm usually on vehicle patrol. Can't wait untill I find them, cause they are in for a huge supprise.

omg this is sig material

Old 07-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Banned
SL Member

I race karts and we have a BIG problem with stuff getting stolen. I got tired of it and decided to "try" to help so I created www.KartTheft.com to help educate people on trailer safety and security.

I never broke into cars back then but took a few cb antenna's and fog lights, stuff I wish I never did now.

Dayton is a big area for car theft and wheels getting stolen, never heard of anyone putting wheels back on here either... I'm guessing that it had to be a prank from your buds.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah they could just be saying they don't know what happened...for a few days.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Whats up Nate
Old 01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

sounds like pranksters. wish ya the best .

Quick Reply: My rims were stolen