Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

my toaster is toasted 12/01/06

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default my toaster is toasted 12/01/06

well the xB is gone.. i don't know they're going to total it or not but i think they should. Got rear ended pretty hard on my way home from work yesterday.. so hard that i blacked out and struck the car in front of me as well. The rear hatch is destroyed, rear window shattered, the front bumper, grill, hood are all broken and messed up. i really hope they total it so i can atleast get a new one and not have to deal with driving a car that's been damaged that bad. pics will come later on today or tonight.. i'm having a friend take me to the car to get my stuff and navigation out. This happened at like 3:30, i didn't get out of the hospital till like 9pm.. so my day pretty much sucked
Old 12-02-2006, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry about your loss there... it'll probably be totaled with all of the damage so you should get a new one... good luck!

Also, good thing you weren't hurt very bad!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch
Old 12-02-2006, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

deaf? me = sandwich on OT
Old 12-02-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sandwich
deaf? me = sandwich on OT
yes i recorgized you. im from kearny.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but i hope you are okay. lets hope you get cover for it
Old 12-02-2006, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trip to the hospital = $ettlement!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member

mucho ouch
Old 12-02-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

ouch buddy, sorry to hear this! are you going to buy another box??
Old 12-02-2006, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

hope you are all right.........and I also hope they total it for you.....If they do what color will you get this time round????
Old 12-03-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The best part is that you're apparently OK. Be sure of that, before you sign anything...

Be sure that the car is checked over very thoroughly if they don't want to total it out... damage to the unibody can be subtle. If the doors don't line up properly, or if they're hard to close, then the whole thing is probably wracked or twisted in ways that are unrepairable... Yeh, they can make it look good again, but it may not ever drive the same or give even tire wear...

Sometimes holding out on the medical paperwork can help insurance guys find a way to total out the car... offer a package deal, where they can close out the whole thing at once...

Take your time, be absolutely sure you're OK before making any medical settlement agreement... sometimes it takes a while for problems to manifest themselves.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, just be glad you are ok, cars are able to be replaced, friends on the other hand well you'll remember the ones you lost early forever.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Wow thats really sad,Get one of those Lawyers that you do not pay unless they get $$Really u pay Ins your whole life and they never,medical/car/home come threw w/right amount.Investigate who hit you,keep claims open w/all Ins your medical/car.Thats my business.Your in NJ come on they are famous for those"Have u been in an Acident Lately "ads!Keep Dairy aches and pain take to DR.Good luck feel better!Frm a mom!!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

damn, glad your ok. got any pix? are you going to get another B?
Old 12-03-2006, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

hey guys i got pics last night, i will post them up today.

i've mostly been pretty stiff in the neck/back area and been taking muscle relaxers.

i have to give a recorded statement to my ins. company on monday and describe what happened. since they know the accident isnt my fault, this is OK to do without a lawyer right? they said its going to be used against the guy that hit me.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Jhhnn
The best part is that you're apparently OK. Be sure of that, before you sign anything...

Be sure that the car is checked over very thoroughly if they don't want to total it out... damage to the unibody can be subtle. If the doors don't line up properly, or if they're hard to close, then the whole thing is probably wracked or twisted in ways that are unrepairable... Yeh, they can make it look good again, but it may not ever drive the same or give even tire wear...

Sometimes holding out on the medical paperwork can help insurance guys find a way to total out the car... offer a package deal, where they can close out the whole thing at once...

Take your time, be absolutely sure you're OK before making any medical settlement agreement... sometimes it takes a while for problems to manifest themselves.
this sound like good advice but i dont understand it really...what do you mean hold on out medical paperwork? package deal? and medical settlement agreement? i've never been in an accident so i dont realy know how this works.. if they fix it, how can they guarantee that the rear hatch will close right always, and ill get even tire wear etc? i really wish they'd total it
Old 12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Before your recorded statement it is very important that you write out everything that happened! Get as much detail as you can remember, even the smallest memory. During your statement, it is okay to say you don't remember at this time. What they are hoping you will say is things you are "positive" about but later youmay have more clarity and your statement becomes invalid. That will bite you big time.

It is okay to say you don't have clear recollection at this time. It can take days or a week or two before you remember things perfectly. If they press you, make sure you clearing state your recollection is still a bit fuzzy. That gives you a way outj. This goes for any future depositions as well.

I've had 2 head ons from knee-jerks who can't seem to stay on their own side of the highway.

Anyway. I'm a glad you are still with us. I do hope that your recovery does well. Find a very good chiropractor! It is what saved my wife and me. We still have some difficulties, but overall, we could have been worse off.

Take care. I will be looking for good news about your situation down the road. We support you!