Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

New armrest? I haven't seen this one before.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New armrest? I haven't seen this one before.

I haven't bought an armrest yet. I heard about a black leather boomerang but they seem a little low and the way that they sit on it seems like it could be a little flimsy. I was searching eBay and saw this item. I haven't seen it before and it looks pretty darn nice. Has anyone seen this before or tried it? I may get one.

Old 08-04-2005, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much? No this looks new to me. Can you post the E-BAY link?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually the link is in my post(highlighted in red) but on this forum they don't stand out very well and are easy to miss.

***Here's the LINK***

The "buy now" price is listed at $128. they have a bunch of different options for the color and whether you want all black or you want that center stripe and for it to be another color.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually they are a dark grey just a little lighter than the 'normal' text around it - incredibly difficult to see.

They are only red after your browser has actually visited the link (to show it has been "read" [red]).
Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mailed the seller. I'll post again when he replies.
I just bought an xB and I'm interested in purchasing the armrest but I haven't seen these before and I haven't read any reviews of them. I'm interested in better understanding how they install and how stable they are once installed. I've looked at the Boomerang arm rests and yours looks much nicer. Before purchasing though I was hoping to see some users reviews as well as install instructions. Can you provide me w/anything? Thanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member

If you look REAL closely at the front of the unit in the top picture and read the description you can see that this is an armrest on stilts that straddle either side of the center console.

Looks well made though and I'd be tempted if my boomerang wasn't allready being shipped.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a repy from the seller:
Hi, to install it, you will just need to put it between the front seats, above the center console, push it down until it reaches floor, then it will stuck itself in there and stay stable. You can read our feedback for the other users' review. THanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member

Looks ok, but have you seen this from Zeta? It's abit pricey I know (about 185), but the quality is superb and it is adjustable via pressing a button all over the place. The thing get's bolted to the rear side of the front seats rails so you don't see posts and they have nicely included a calapsable/foldable cup holder attached at the rear of the armrest, it's a nice two-tone look with black leather like padded vinyl on the top door and dark grey below. This is how it looks in my 06 xB, the way it bolts down, it ain't goin anywhere when you get done. Just a thought.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rebus
Looks ok, but have you seen this from Zeta? It's abit pricey I know (about 185), but the quality is superb and it is adjustable all over the place. The thing get's bolted to the rear side of the front seats so you don't see posts and they have nicely included a cup holder attached at the rear of the armrest. Just a thought.

Before you drop $185 for the Zeta, check out the Boomerang. It doesn't have a cupholder, it actually sits in the rear cupholder slot for installation. But, you do get a CD zip envelope for 32 CDs and a small storage space. I will post photos later today.
$130 retail @ www.scionarmrest.com
Old 08-04-2005, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the zeta looks really nice. i might consider that. it looked a little sparse though so i was wondering how it looks. i'm going to have a black interior and it looks sort of gray so i was worried about it matching up.

the boomerang isn't too shabby. i like it but since i don't use cd's. i'll have an ipod or hard drive based music player. i prefer that much more over cd's. i was wondering if the cd holders are removable on the boomerang.

btw, i got a reply from the ebay seller. here's what he said:
Hi, to install it, you will just need to put it between the front seats, above the center console, push it down until it reaches floor, then it will stuck itself in there and stay stable. You can read our feedback for the other users' review. THanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member

Sorry the pic of my Zeta Armrest was washed out, the sun is very bright today. To illistrate, my interior is black, not grey but it looks that way in the pic.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes, CD holder is removable. is a small zipcase with a sturdy rubberized handle on it. take a look at the website for decent photos. it's raining here so no good sunlight for fotos
Old 08-06-2005, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that ebay one looks like an upholstered mdf box. i wouldnt think that just a "stick in" solution would feel all that sturdy.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member

I bought one of these before I had my xb. When I got the xb this puppy fits TIGHT, easily removeable and good storage and looks really nice. You can get the stripe in different colors. Highly recommend.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics please!!
Old 10-29-2005, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where can you buy one now?? Says item has ended on Ebay.

Mav
Old 10-29-2005, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member

philsonh is the sellers name. Try looking for him that way. And, if I could figure out how to get the picture from my computer to here...arrgh!Looks EXACTLY like the pics superfli posted here.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i love my oem armrest
Old 10-30-2005, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine came with the armrest with the cd case..im using it lol its pretty cool i think.

i used to keep cd's under the sun visor but now i can have em out of view which i like and it doesnt make my dash/visor look cluttered

though i will say the first one the thread was about sure looks very nice tho
Old 10-30-2005, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

interesting product addition for the burakkubukkosu.

Quick Reply: New armrest? I haven't seen this one before.