Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

New member, and new xB owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member

Default New member, and new xB owner

Just last night, I bought a 2004 xB, white in color. The day prior, I sold my Toyota Prerunner pickup, and was looking to get a 4cyl, standard truck for fuel economy mainly.

I started looking for this standard truck in autotrader, eBay etc. Then, just for kicks, I searched used xB's, since I have always liked them. I first saw them in Japan about 5 years ago. I was curious..

So I went to a local Ford dealer who advertised one for sale, grey in color. Drove down and it had a sold sign posted. Salesman said, yep, this one is sold. I told him it would have been nice to know this before I came down, despite calling said dealer prior. But, since I was there, I sat in it, looked it over and thought it was really cool!

Back home, searched further and found a high mileage, white 2004 xB not too far from me. I figured to save some money, and I drive ~100 miles/day, I called the owner.

He still had it and he was the original owner who had a similar daily drive. Went over to look at it and put down a deposit. Got a bank check the next day (Wednesday), and drove it home.

So far, its a blast to drive! And, this is coming from a Porsche 993 owner who drives many track days, and works in professional open-wheel racing. So one can say I am a true automobile enthusiast.

Of course, I HAD to search for a Scion forum to share my joy, and learn all I can about these 'boxes'

Since last night, I have scoped-out some mods for this xB and already purchased a billet aluminum strut brace

Looks as though this forum is very active and full of useful information! Thanks in advance!!!!

One question I have. The previous owner had installed those thin-wall, spline drive lug nuts and I need to locate and purchase a lug socket of this type. Any ideas to where to purchase this lug socket?

Future mods: exhaust header, cold air intake, rear sway bar, maybe some suspension springs that soften the ride, just a little.
Any ideas?
Old 04-08-2005, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome to the forum chris!

performance arena is in the Power hungry forum. run a search on top and youll find all your answers quicker that you can run the xB in a 1/4 mile.

hope you enjoy it and scionlife. its a different life indeed :-P