Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jeffrgunn23
Originally Posted by rdclark
rdclark has no idea what he is talking about. First of all there are warranties out there that do refund your money if you don't use them, or at least a portion. As far as dealers that don't use the Toyota extended warranty not being trustworthy is b.s.. The company that my dealership uses is good anywhere in the U.S. as well at ANY Toyota dealership and priced about the same. I love how some people think that they know everything when they don't know anything at all.
"...or at least a portion." Which is it? There's a big difference between a full and a partial refund.

Please name the company your dealership uses and provide a link so we can all look for ourselves and see how the coverage compares to Toyota's.

RichC

Well if you read my post right you would see that I have said that each warranty company is different some may offer full refunds some may offer partial it depends on the company selling the warranty.

My dealership uses MPP which does not offer a refund at the end of the term but if you would like to compare the MPP to Toyota Financial be my guest, but you must have a lot of free time on your hands. The website is www.mppcoverage.com and the reason that our dealership uses that warranty is because MPP is owned by a Van Tuyl which is also the company that owns our dealership.
Well, if you read the thread right you'd see that the discussion is about people claiming that some warranty plans offer a full refund if it went unused by the end of the term. I'm still waiting for somebody to back up that claim. You're defending the claim, but you don't have any evidence either. The plan you sell offers no refund at all.

As far as what I choose to do with my time, that's my concern, not yours. You're selling the plan, I would think you'd be able to compare them off the top of your head.

Finally, please allow me to point out that you're posting in a Scion-related forum under your dealership's banner. You are not a civilian or a private individual here. Your attitude in this thread is not very professional, and reflect poorly on your dealership.

RichC
Old 06-15-2006, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My dealership uses MPP which does not offer a refund at the end of the term but if you would like to compare the MPP to Toyota Financial be my guest, but you must have a lot of free time on your hands. The website is www.mppcoverage.com and the reason that our dealership uses that warranty is because MPP is owned by a Van Tuyl which is also the company that owns our dealership.
A quick look reveals a plan that seems to be comparable to Toyota's, except that when traveling away from the home dealership the owner must first obtain approval from the insurer before they can get their car serviced.

If your parent company owns the insurer, I would expect that would allow them to charge less for the same coverage that Toyota offers. There's no middleman, after all. Is this in fact the case? Are your plans cheaper than Toyota's?

RichC
Old 06-15-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was defending dealerships like my own after you made the comment about not trusting dealerships that don't sell Toyota financial warranties. I am not defending anything else.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Easy boys, easy! Makes all the sense in the world to me that a dealership would sell the warranty of the parent company. That's why we live in America - many choices to be had.

At any rate, jethro_b, my saleman called back and left a message for me. He said that the extended Platinum Toyota warranty we have been speaking about (good at any Toyota dealership nationwide) is available for ANY Scion that is still under the factory warranty, i.e. not yet reached 3 years or 36,000 miles. So you would qualify.

If you can't find it locally, he'd be happy to help you. If you want his name and number, PM me. (I've never been PM'd on this forum, so how do I know if I have a PM?) I guess you could just email me at TimKillmeyer@compuserve.com

Tim
Old 06-16-2006, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

rdclark has no idea what he is talking about. First of all there are warranties out there that do refund your money if you don't use them, or at least a portion. As far as dealers that don't use the Toyota extended warranty not being trustworthy is b.s.. The company that my dealership uses is good anywhere in the U.S. as well at ANY Toyota dealership and priced about the same. I love how some people think that they know everything when they don't know anything at all.
"...or at least a portion." Which is it? There's a big difference between a full and a partial refund.

Please name the company your dealership uses and provide a link so we can all look for ourselves and see how the coverage compares to Toyota's.

RichC

Well if you read my post right you would see that I have said that each warranty company is different some may offer full refunds some may offer partial it depends on the company selling the warranty.

Well, if you read the thread right you'd see that the discussion is about people claiming that some warranty plans offer a full refund if it went unused by the end of the term. I'm still waiting for somebody to back up that claim. You're defending the claim, but you don't have any evidence either. The plan you sell offers no refund at all.

As far as what I choose to do with my time, that's my concern, not yours. You're selling the plan, I would think you'd be able to compare them off the top of your head.

Finally, please allow me to point out that you're posting in a Scion-related forum under your dealership's banner. You are not a civilian or a private individual here. Your attitude in this thread is not very professional, and reflect poorly on your dealership.

RichC

Actually, I don't believe anyone has claimed a full refund, have they? Will reread the entire thread when I am fully awake tomorrow.

In no way have I, at least, tried to imply a full refund, ONLY partial (in the experience Ihave had it was 50%).

To everyone else, thank you for the valuable information. I believe I am going to go ahead and cancel the extended warranty I purchased and put the money into an account to hold as a 'jic' issue for any repairs that are needed after the 3 year warranty arrives (or to buy another warranty closer to the end of the 3 year IF it seems reasonable at that time.)
Old 06-16-2006, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, and a note to add that I pretty much hate the world atm: 8 days after purchasing my xB, it got hit in a parking lot. No insurance info left (and no one around to witness apparently><). Now to figure out how much repairs will be. ugg. :?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jkrepps
Actually, I don't believe anyone has claimed a full refund, have they? Will reread the entire thread when I am fully awake tomorrow.
The fourth message in this thread.

RichC
Old 06-16-2006, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

K, missed that post. As far as I know, however, every single other person here has been speaking only of partial refunds.