Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

New Owner of XB O6

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Default New Owner of XB O6

My fellow Scions, I'm not sure what has taken over me. I'm at a point in life, where I should want the car that expresses success or say hey I'm here. I'm doing well for myself. I think some of you get what I mean. (Been there done that)

I recently wanted to change my approach on life. I guess when you feel more secure where your at in life. Out- wardly expression doesn't matter as much? My son will be driving in little over a year. I'm glad my daghter is still another seven yr's away from driving. By now your thinking this dude is in his 40's. Actually I turned 44 in March.

The box has always caught my attenition. Maybe the kid inside. Well I test drove a 1st gen three weeks agao, I completely fell in love with it. The idea of course, I was suppose to be buying this car for my son. Who will be drving in little over a year. And for the mean- time I would drive it. This would give me good gas milage and calm me down. It hasn't been to long now since I have had two speeding tickets. My wife turned in her Honda Mini Od. lease. And now drives my car. I picked up the XB,06 in black. Pretty loaded with console Ipod & Aux connections, and steering wheel audio controls. Now I need wheels. But don't want to go to big. I don't want to lose the gas milage. Well my work piers think I'm going through some mid life crisses or should I say my nieghbors. I'm loving evey minute of it. I'm not sure if it's the simplicity of the car or the Go cart feel of it. The opennes of the car inside. I simply love it.

It's a shame that for ,07. They didn't keep it the same. Just refined it little could have added a little extra HP like they did with the XD. Added cruise, more interior lighting. Sound proofed a little more. Slanted the front window by a degree or two. That's it. But hey I'm glad I have my 1st generation Scion XB. I hope to keep fit or some time. Well about my son having this car. We could always shop around for another one.

Peace
Jesse

[table:2c80d186d5][/table:2c80d186d5]
Old 04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Welcome to the scion family. I think your son will love the box. I have one and its my first car, and im loving it. Its practical, functional, and fun! The rest of the family loves it now too, so much that we ended up getting another! As far as new wheels, i got some 17"s off of discount tire for pretty cheap and they look nice too!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome Jesse!

Congrats on a fine ride! You will love it and enjoy it, I promise. You have an 06.5 due to the steering wheel controls which were a mid year addition...Nice! These get great mileage and are extremely practical. Also insanely fun to drive, like a street legal go kart.

I have both an 06 xB and an 08 C-Class. Both by choice and both express my current lot in life! A car does not determine success nor happiness. If you like it, make it so.

Have fun with it!

BTW, if you want wheels and mileage consider 15" and 16". My 17's lowered mpg by about 3~4. Sure does look great though!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

welcome...I understand completely being in the same age group I have already done the arrived cars...I traded in a Volvo S60R for the box....now I drive a highly modded box and my son who asks me for it all the time in a few years can't have it
Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Congrats. My dad bought an XB back in 05', then my brother in law bought one, then my brother, then my nephew, then me. My dad just bought an 08' XB but is keeping his 05' too. They are contagous.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats, Jesse. I'm a 50-yr-old guy who traded a nice BMW for my box...and haven't looked backed since. At my age, I'm more into driving what I WANT to drive, not what people expect me to drive.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by bbszero69
Congrats. My dad bought an XB back in 05', then my brother in law bought one, then my brother, then my nephew, then me. My dad just bought an 08' XB but is keeping his 05' too. They are contagous.
hah, thats pretty sweet
Old 04-07-2008, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome aboard--I stopped worrying about other people's thoughts in the 60's----------the xB is a statement of non-conformity. I hope my grandson likes mine in 10 years!!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome to SL.
it's a great car and lifestyle.
cheers!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Welcome to the box club!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Well, as you can see, there are a lot of us here in the same age group and thought process!
I bought mine (also a 2006.5) at 48, partially for a horrendous commute I had at the time, and partially just because I thought they were so danged cool. I'm 50, own my own business, make plenty of money, and have only put a couple thousand miles on my BMW in the nearly two years since I got the Scion because the xB is just so different, and so much fun! This is not bragging; the point here is that like you, I don't drive the xB because I have to, I drive it because I want to! (*However, I can't tell you how much crap I take for driving it from friends and peers...)
Have fun with it, and don't give a crap what other people say or think!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the site! Glad you are enjoying the new ride.........