First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

new photo shoot for my new sponsor zaino check it out

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Then try some Werkstatt.

http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com

Lasts just as long as the Z, is easier to apply, and costs way less.

Zaino is good stuff, but honestly, I've never seen the reason that it gets all the overzealous followers that it does.

I kind of doubt that it's holding up as well as you think it does though. A whole year for a sealant, even the holy "ZFX'd Zaino" is a long time. Are you sure it hasn't broken down? Does it still sheet water just like it did on the first day? Bead like it did the first day? I'm really skeptical that it would be preforming like new a whole year later. Maybe on a garage queen that sees 200 miles of driving a year, but not even a semi-daily driver.

But like Mike Phillips (of Meguiar's lol) says, "Find something you like and use it often."
Old 05-02-2008, 09:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MSIGuy
Then try some Werkstatt.

Zaino is good stuff, but honestly, I've never seen the reason that it gets all the overzealous followers that it does.

I kind of doubt that it's holding up as well as you think it does though. A whole year for a sealant, even the holy "ZFX'd Zaino" is a long time. Are you sure it hasn't broken down? Does it still sheet water just like it did on the first day? Bead like it did the first day? I'm really skeptical that it would be preforming like new a whole year later. Maybe on a garage queen that sees 200 miles of driving a year, but not even a semi-daily driver.

But like Mike Phillips (of Meguiar's lol) says, "Find something you like and use it often."

well it did last that long and no its not garage keep didnt drive it in the snow at all.iam def not saying its the best you like what you like but def holds up best from what i have tryed since we have the worst paint.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We have the worst paint? Hmmm... I wasn't aware of that, what makes you say that?

It's no BMW with Cerami-Clear, but it's also no G35...
Old 05-02-2008, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

We have the worst paint? Hmmm... I wasn't aware of that, what makes you say that?

let me say that again they just dont give us the enuff clear coat my car scatchs way to easy
Old 05-03-2008, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Clean_XB
Originally Posted by njforcedlife77

let me say that again they just dont give us the enuff clear coat my car scatchs way to easy
holy crap....you even painted the alpine PDX amp?

on a side note, what does everyone recommend for a BSP??? black swirl marks like crazy
yea man apline was painted by paul at www.patterntek.com best painted stuff ever. can to do it by hand to remove the swirls but heard portercable helps alot .you should test what you use on your car with a blank cd something it making it happen.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got trapped in my car once too. That's Duragloss 105 on top of 101.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's not because they didn't put enough on there, it's because you're washing/drying the wrong way and causing swirls. It's not overly soft, but not super hard, just right to correct with a DA.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That's not because they didn't put enough on there, it's because you're washing/drying the wrong way and causing swirls. It's not overly soft, but not super hard, just right to correct with a DA.
iam not taking about washing it and getting scratch iam taking about a rock or just hit with some thing it scatchs so easy.i know how to wash a car and detail it amd what to use. i tape my car once with my watch not hard the paint was gone it suxs hands down.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by samhain
I got trapped in my car once too. That's Duragloss 105 on top of 101.

damn scions trapping us i saw that pix before nice shine man
Old 05-03-2008, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stew32
Looks nice. I washed and waxed my xB exactly once in the 1.5 years I've had it so...
what did you use?or just never drive it
hehe... I drive it every day. I just don't care so much about having it be sparkling clean. I let the rain wash it for me. I used Nu Finish and after 1.5 years "the water still beads" (mostly).
Old 05-03-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Looks nice. I washed and waxed my xB exactly once in the 1.5 years I've had it so...
what did you use?or just never drive it
hehe... I drive it every day. I just don't care so much about having it be sparkling clean. I let the rain wash it for me. I used Nu Finish and after 1.5 years "the water still beads" (mostly).
well mine is a car show car like to keep it clean and rep my sponsors with a clean car.i do use my car every day so have to clean it alot because i dont have garage
Old 05-03-2008, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm curious about this whole sponsorship thing, do you actually have an agreement set out with Sal saying he's sponsoring you, or are you using the word sponsor as a, "These are the things I use" not a "the company gives me these because I'm such a good representative of their company."
Old 05-03-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Then try some Werkstatt.

never ever use this type of stuff or sealents on paint....pain is organic and has to breathe
Old 05-03-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm curious about this whole sponsorship thing, do you actually have an agreement set out with Sal saying he's sponsoring you, or are you using the word sponsor as a, "These are the things I use" not a "the company gives me these because I'm such a good representative of their company."
well i have 6 sponsors they send me product i rep there stuff i only rep great products that i would use on my car.i have killerglass,patterntek,ezbaked,scion pro, keytechniques,zaino.i was lucky to get zaino he doesnt sponsor people met him in person because i do live in nj when i need stuff he will send it to me.i do have a agreement with all my sponsors.the best sponsor i have is patterntek he painted my whole inside of my car and would do anything for me because i rep him well and got him alot of buisness.big company will make you sign agreement with them like iam trying to get katskin to do my seats and looking for company to do my rims.if you want to get one just got to email them and talk to them have a plan set for them what you can bring to the table.what your future plans are for you car and what your doing to it.go to car show win some get good pix done for you car hope this helps you man.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

cool car
Old 05-04-2008, 05:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
never ever use this type of stuff or sealents on paint....pain is organic and has to breathe
Originally Posted by TurboWax
Hands down the durability of our Polymer wax will outlast Carnauba wax products.
Ummm... TurboWax is a synthetic sealant... so, um... yeah. You don't really know what you're talking about.

Yeah, paint needs time to cure, but after 30-90 days the paint is fully cured (cured in hours from the factory) there's nothing wrong with using a synthetic sealant on your paint...
Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Amazing how much Turbowax gets spammed here, but how little people know about it.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
Originally Posted by TurboWax
Hands down the durability of our Polymer wax will outlast Carnauba wax products.
Ummm... TurboWax is a synthetic sealant... so, um... yeah. You don't really know what you're talking about.

Yeah, paint needs time to cure, but after 30-90 days the paint is fully cured (cured in hours from the factory) there's nothing wrong with using a synthetic sealant on your paint...
not acrylics.... which is actually what I was talking about ......
Old 05-05-2008, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

nice!!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Amazing how much Turbowax gets spammed here, but how little people know about it.
i didnt like turbo wax at all worst wax i used but like i said you like what you like.

Quick Reply: new photo shoot for my new sponsor zaino check it out